Thread: SMB only norcal HS team to win

Golden Bear

SMB only norcal HS team to win

a bracket in the prestige Nike tournament of championships in AZ. Playing in Joe Smith Division they defeated LB Poly in the finals 47-45. In the semi rounded they beat Archbishop Wood 51-35. Archbiship Wood previously upset La Jolla County Day (defending state D4 champs and Kelsey Plum).

http://www.niketournamentofchampions...nalResults.pdf

Loyal Bear

O'Dowd was missing several key players who returned to the Bay Area

for a charity dance. Certainly hurt them.

Golden Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by wvitbear View Post
    They were missing primarily PG bostock. The 3 bigs were there plus their 2 other super soph guards Robertson and Thomas. Sure they were hurt but overall they haven't been playing well and eventually champs Mater Dei has been playing lights out, where they routed Riverdale (team that beat Odowd) 96-74. Looks like Mater Dei losing all of their starters have replenished nicely.

Here video of the windward and SMB games!

http://passthaball.com/
    Last edited by OBear073akaSMFan; 12-23-2012 at 10:35 AM.

Agree

Only Bostick was missing from the first game they played and they didn't play well in that game, they are overrated as a team as they don't play team ball, because they don't pass they all force it.

But I do have to say I was really impressed with Cowling, and can't understand why Ekmart is ranked ahead of her. Se is slow and soft.

True Blue Golden Bear

Basketball PG Bostick & 2 reserves that don't see the floor...

Archbihop Mitty lost by two points for the championship of their TOC group. They now have PG Vanessa Garner (missed last season) back for the last 5-6 games and its made a huge difference. She scored 13 points behind Kelli Hayes 18. If the Monarchs can get their second best player, SG Kalyn Simon, back, they'll be tough to beat...

GO BEARS!

____________________________________________________________ ____
    Quote Originally Posted by wvitbear View Post

True Blue Golden Bear

Basketball Gabby Green (#33) & Cowling (#3) look great...

Cowling is a senior SF but what year is PG Green? I hope that Cal can land her

GO BEARS!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by OBear073akaSMFan View Post
    They were missing primarily PG bostock. The 3 bigs were there plus their 2 other super soph guards Robertson and Thomas. Sure they were hurt but overall they haven't been playing well and eventually champs Mater Dei has been playing lights out, where they routed Riverdale (team that beat Odowd) 96-74. Looks like Mater Dei losing all of their starters have replenished nicely.

Here video of the windward and SMB games!

http://passthaball.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeder71 View Post
    Cowling is a senior SF but what year is PG Green? I hope that Cal can land her

GO BEARS!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cowling and Green are both Juniors

Real Bear
    Everyone has been buzzing about '14 Gabby Williams 5'11" from Nevada. The TOC was her coming out party as she basically went from unranked to #4 in the class by ASGR and #7 by Blue Star. She made a name for herself at the Olympic Trials for high jump last summer. Apparently hoops is her #1 priority but will probably also want to HJ in college. She's from near Reno, so we're essentially the closest major WBB program to her. There's video on youtube if you search her high school Reed...and holy smokes, she is for real!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq2yd-D8RqQ
    Last edited by kat0189; 12-23-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Loyal Bear

St. Mary's of Berkeley has a girl

who transferred from Salesian that is even better. and she hasn't played yet. I don't know if it is transfer rules but I was her play this summer and she is something else.

I haven't seen BOD play since the state championship but they were the best team I had seen in awhile. They are a late bloomer in the season.

Golden Bear
    Has Cal thought of doing any farming in Santa Ana at the corner of Edinger and Bristol? Just doesn't seem to happen, and we are #8 in the country, ahead of UCLA and U$C.