Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: OT: Jewish Delis: or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Pastrami

Jewish guy answer, with wife consulation(Philly version): Reuben is not "Jewish food."
    As a rule, us Jewish gluttons put Mayo into Tuna Salad, Chicken Salad, etc.,end of story. Not like there is a "right or wrong" about this (and this certainly has nothing to do wit Kosher rules), but "Jewish deli" sandwiches are about the meat and spicy mustard.
    Note: all answers on this thread lack credibility unless you have had a Tongue Sandwich at some point or another...

True Blue Golden Bear NYCGOBEARS's Avatar
    Sadly, I do not care for tongue. It's a texture thing and also probably because I almost bit through my own when I was young and it reminds me of that.

Quote Originally Posted by mbBear View Post
    Jewish guy answer, with wife consulation(Philly version): Reuben is not "Jewish food."
    As a rule, us Jewish gluttons put Mayo into Tuna Salad, Chicken Salad, etc.,end of story. Not like there is a "right or wrong" about this (and this certainly has nothing to do wit Kosher rules), but "Jewish deli" sandwiches are about the meat and spicy mustard.
    Note: all answers on this thread lack credibility unless you have had a Tongue Sandwich at some point or another...
    About 20 years ago I was in New York with several co-workers for a conference. I insisted that one dinner MUST be at Carnegie Deli. Being the only MOT in the group and the only one with east coast ties, they didn't understand my excitement but agreed to go. Once inside, they were snapping pictures and "ooh-ing and aaah-ing" over the enormous sandwiches and plates of food passing by. While they ordered nice sandwiches and what-not, I ordered the tongue dinner. I have to say that I was quite proud of my goyim companions when they all sampled my dinner and none of them ran running.

Unfortunately I haven't had a good tongue sandwich in years, maybe my next trip to a good deli I'll take care of that problem.

Going to have to add Rascal's in Hollywood, Florida to the list. It is a lot better than Carnegie's in NYC, absolutely jam-packed.

I don't think anyone has mentioned The Sentinel in SF. Walked by there today and remembered that they have a great corned beef sandwich. Haven't indulged there in a while but need to now.

Or next coach should be named Moses

Quote Originally Posted by NYCGOBEARS View Post
    You're welcome! Don't worry, the Gentiles won't remember and plus they mostly know all the bad words already. Lol. Being a Bear is a lot like being a Jew. Someday we Bears will will end our suffering too.

Love your addition.
    Oops. I revived it.