Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who was the best player in the Tedford Era?

Zachary Maynard, hands down.

He beat out four all world, Guru trained studs.

I can't believe there is even a question that it's someone other than Aaron Rodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by sycasey View Post
    I can't believe there is even a question that it's someone other than Aaron Rodgers.
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by sycasey View Post
    Hmmm...what many consider to be the best player in the NFL may not be the best player of the Tedford era...Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by okaydo View Post
    Hmmm...what many consider to be the best player in the NFL may not be the best player of the Tedford era...Hmmm
    In order, Rodgers, Jackson, Lynch, and Follett.

No love for Keenan "I wont play unless you start my brother who is not D1 level" Allen?

Quote Originally Posted by calbb View Post
    In order, Rodgers, Jackson, Lynch, and Follett.
    During the Marshawn Lynch era, we went 28-9 (76% winning percentage).

We lost as many games with 3 years of Lynch as we did this past season -- and that's despite having 4 different starting QBs.

Maybe, possibly, Lynch was the lynchpin of the Tedford era.

I've probably watched that video 100 times.
    Me too, but I never tire of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cal Panda Bear View Post
    No love for Keenan "I wont play unless you start my brother who is not D1 level" Allen?
    Keenan will become the first Cal player drafted to not experience a Big Game victory since Scott Fujita.

Yup....AR gets all the accolades but why I said Alex Mack is that he was a 3 time First Team All Pac 10 (2006-2008) and won the Morris Trophy (best offensive and defensive lineman) in both 2007 and 2008, something not done since Lincoln Kennedy did it for UDub in 91-92. He simply was more dominant at his position IMO then anyone else at their respective positions. When defensive lineman were polled on who was the most dominant offensive lineman, he won hands down in multiple years.

Quote Originally Posted by I Bear View Post
    This is like picking the best play and game from the JT era but I'll give all a shot.

Best players: Jahvid, Marshawn & Aaron

Best games: Tennessee at home, aTm in the Holiday Bowl and the victory against $C.

Best Plays: Lynch's TD run in the Big Game when he was a Freshman, Follett's hit on Ainge in the Tennessee game, Jahvid's TD run at fucla and DJax punt return against Tenn(although there are plenty of these to chose from)!
    Wasn't here for AR so would probably go with Alex Mack and maybe Marcus Ezeff forced fumble against Oregon that saved / won that game.

My vote as well

Quote Originally Posted by Cal_Fan2 View Post
    This guy...when you are almost unanimously voted the toughest and smartest SOB on the offensive line by your defensive peers, you are one bad a$$ dude.

AR may be the best player in the NFL right now, but he didn't have the dominating career that Mack had in college.

Gratest block I have ever seen in person

Quote Originally Posted by southseasbear View Post
    Excellent choices, but I would like to add one more: DJax's punt return against Southern Branch in Memorial aided by a monster block from DeCoud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo9e2Jf7R0o

(Warning, lyrics inappropriate for children.)
    Still recall both players lying on the ground in agony for a long time.

MVP- Aaron Rodgers

Offense- Marshawn Lynch

Defense-Desmond Bishop

Special teams- Desean Jackson

Honorable mentions- Zack Follett, Alex Mack, Jahvid Best, Hughs, JJ Arrington, Decoud, Calvin Booth

In terms of raw talent, DeSean Jackson was the most gifted player in the history of our program. Perhaps the greatest punt returner in the history of the NCAA.