Thread: Rama's 'lil brother enrolled at Riordan HS...(link)

Basketball Rama's 'lil brother enrolled at Riordan HS...(link)

http://www.sfgate.com/preps/article/...an-4129648.php

Karim N 'diaye, 6-8 sophomore, from Senegal has transferred to Archbishop Riordan in San Francisco (WCAL). Unfortunately, he tore his ACL and will miss this season. I have hopes for him potentially being the answer to Cal's "big man" void down the road three years. Unfortunately, HC Mike Montgomery might retire by then.

This is an interesting article how Riordan will likely be the *sleeper team* in the CCS because it is now easier to transfer (more lenient CIF rule). Riordan has now added dorms and is a boarding school (like prep schools).

Riordan is undefeated this season but will receive six transfers eligible to play January 1st. N'diaye will have to replace the 6'7" senior center next season.

Archbishop Mitty, Archbishop Riordan, Bellarmine College Prep (8-0) & Junipero Serra appear to have very strong teams this season in the WCAL. St Ignatius was also supposed to contend but 6'6" post Stephen Domingo skipped his senior year and is playing for Georgetown.
    http://www.guhoyas.com/sports/m-bask...stephen00.html

GO BEARS!
    Last edited by Schroeder71; 12-24-2012 at 07:25 PM.

I remember Rama mentioned having a younger brother who was tall and athletic when she blogged about the team's trip to Africa a few years back. Then I recently read about a 7'5" 2013 boys top 100 recruit (signed with UC Irvine) with the last name Ndiaye and I thought, "is that Rama's brother?" Alas, he was not but you have located him at Riordan.

I think it's great that he is getting exposure to the game in America a couple years earlier than Rama. We'll have to wait and see if he's polished enough to play at Cal, but if he can get healthy he should be on his way to a scholarship.

Why would you say Monty would be retired in 3 years? Is that a fact? That type of statement is precisely what other schools use to negatively recruit against us ...

I believe he just signed a five year extension to his contract.
    Go Bears!

Has anyone actually seen him play?

Spek now for forever hold your piece.

Basketball might is the operative word

How old is Monty anyway? GO BEARS!

____________________________________________________________ _____
    Quote Originally Posted by stanfurdbites View Post
    Why would you say Monty would be retired in 3 years? Is that a fact? That type of statement is precisely what other schools use to negatively recruit against us ...

According to Wikipedia Monty will turn 66 in February.