Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SDSU vs Arizona

This game is pretty huge. SDSU jumped to an 8 point lead, but now AU is coming back some, as both teams are playing exciting basketball.
    SDSU 48-47 with 11:11 to go.

Quote Originally Posted by concordtom View Post
    Chu?

Are you talking about Angelo Chol?
    And he was over recruited? Meaning, recruited beyond what he's been able to produce?
    My memory of what he did last year was clouded by his season high point total against the Bears. But he is now , it seems, option number 6 on the front line for the cats.

This game is pretty huge. SDSU jumped to an 8 point lead, but now AU is coming back some, as both teams are playing exciting basketball.
    SDSU 48-47 with 11:11 to go.
    It is exciting but I wish they played better half court. Neither execute very well if you can stop their transition. But absolutely a high level of athleticism.

Don't like that block call on SDSU Franklin. His fourth, and sends Zona to the line when it looked like a charge. Big swing there with 6 to go and game tied.

Quote Originally Posted by socaltownie View Post
    It is exciting but I wish they played better half court. Neither execute very well if you can stop their transition. But absolutely a high level of athleticism.
    Yes, I agree with what you said earlier. Monty is a real good coach, and he could seemingly do a lot with the talent on either team. But there is a flip side to his coaching style. The control he wants his players to utilize means they play with less freedom in their minds and basketball is a feel good game.
    See: "streak shooter".

Did that Nick Johnson block look familiar? He did the same to Cobbs in the closing seconds of last seasons home game

Wow. Killer block to win for Nick Johnson. That game was close, and just to think if Johnson gets a slight bump from ANYONE as he recovers and slides thru players, then SDSU easily lays that in and wins. It was that close.

Ref calls were iffy with many plays, but at least they got it alright down the final couple minutes.

But that game's a toss up. Unfortunately, it goes down the same as a 10 point coast once seeding comes out.

Maybe depth for Zona won it, as SDSU was in foul trouble at the end - did they have a short bench?

Quote Originally Posted by bigcocoon007 View Post
    Did that Nick Johnson block look familiar? He did the same to Cobbs in the closing seconds of last seasons home game
    Replay clip?

Who does Zona have at guard next year?
    I know they should be stacked on the front line, but not so much guard depth, methinks.
    Johnson and Lyons, then who? A bunch of bigs? That can be very dangerous - one injury or something and you can be in trouble.

TheRise
    That was an ugly game.

But, an exciting finish.

Did you read what the SDSU player said...

He was counting the bucket and the W.

Replay clip?

Who does Zona have at guard next year?
    I know they should be stacked on the front line, but not so much guard depth, methinks.
    Johnson and Lyons, then who? A bunch of bigs? That can be very dangerous - one injury or something and you can be in trouble.
    Actually, I think this is Lyons' last season. But in addition to Nick Johnson, Jordin Mayes and Gabe York are back, and TJ McConnell (a transfer from Duquesne who is sitting this season out) and Elliott Pitts (4* from De La Salle) will join the back court.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRise View Post
    That was an ugly game.

But, an exciting finish.

Did you read what the SDSU player said...

He was counting the bucket and the W.
    Don't walk away too arrogantly. Accept that you were that close to being mocked by San Diego. State!
    Be satisfied with the win, but don't act cocky or people like me will be shoving humble pie in your face any chance we get.
    For what it's worth you, I felt Arizona should have won. But it was close. Damned close. So don't even think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by LOUMFSG2 View Post
    Actually, I think this is Lyons' last season. But in addition to Nick Johnson, Jordin Mayes and Gabe York are back, and TJ McConnell (a transfer from Duquesne who is sitting this season out) and Elliott Pitts (4* from De La Salle) will join the back court.
    C&C&B and crew > Nick Johnson, Jordin Mayes and Gabe York, TJ McConnell and Elliott Pitts.

Golden Bear
    Don't walk away too arrogantly. Accept that you were that close to being mocked by San Diego. State!
    Be satisfied with the win, but don't act cocky or people like me will be shoving humble pie in your face any chance we get.
    For what it's worth you, I felt Arizona should have won. But it was close. Damned close. So don't even think about it.
    lol... i'm sure they're verrrrrry worried about anonymous internet posters... very very worried.