Thread: Watch out for UCLA

Watch out for UCLA

Just saw them for the first time vs Fresno. They have holes and only 8 scholarship players after the laughable transfers, but they have players, too.
    Larry drew, unc transfer at PG has 5-1 assist to TO ratio
    Frosh Jordan Adams was hitting 3's and is scoring 18 per game.
    Shabazz can do it all as a big guard, hit a 3 and overpowered all defenders inside. Has gotten into shape, lost 15 pounds since becoming eligible. Now 18.6 per game.
    Kyle Anderson had 20 points, 17 boards, 6 assists, 2 blocks, 2 assists.
    The Wear twins aren't a great option in the post but they are experienced and definitely serviceable.
    And they have a true big freshman that can fill minutes and space and will only get better over time.

UCLA plays Missouri on the 28th at Pauley. Recommended for viewing.
    Last edited by concordtom; 12-26-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by concordtom View Post
    Just saw them for the first time vs Fresno. They have holes and only 8 scholarship players after the laughable transfers, but they have players, too.
    Shabazz can do it all as a big guard, hit a 3 and overpowered all defenders inside. Has gotten into shape, lost 15 pounds since becoming eligible. Now 18.6 per game.
    The Wear twins aren't a great option in the post but they are experienced and definitely serviceable.
    And they have a true big freshman that can fill minutes and space and will only get better over time.

Right now, I would predict the finish #2 in the P12. They are REALLY talented.

That said, they have yet to figure out how to play defense and they lack much of a post presence. Really good for Cal that we are catching them on the road early in the P12 slate.

Yeah, I was impressed with both Arizona and UCLA, in that order. We'll see what Monty and the Cal players can do! Looking forward to it!

Early on Shabazz looked overrated but now seems to be finding himself; ditto Anderson. I fear they might come together better than we had hoped. AZ looks really good with lots of veteran leadership in Lyons, Parrom and Hill to go with the young studs. Sure wish we could have landed Ashley. That was a great game yesterday against SDSU.
    Access is better than ownership!

They also don't play any defense. They'll have to outscore Mizzou to win that game. Lets see if they can do it.

ducks

I think the Pac12 is wide open after AZ.

watch out for Oregon. Their late transfer is a difference maker.
    Colorado is also very good, although young.

Right now it's:

1. AZ
    2. Ducks, UCLA
    3. Cal, Colorado

If I'm right, it means Cal will be fighting for 4th and the last NCAA ticket.
    I dont need easy, I need possible. Jorge Gutierrez

Quote Originally Posted by HoopDreams View Post
    I think the Pac12 is wide open after AZ.

watch out for Oregon. Their late transfer is a difference maker.
    Colorado is also very good, although young.

Right now it's:

1. AZ
    2. Ducks, UCLA
    3. Cal, Colorado

If I'm right, it means Cal will be fighting for 4th and the last NCAA ticket.

Oregon? Really?
    I'll have to check them out.

PS:I think you may be right.
    Last edited by concordtom; 12-26-2012 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tsubamoto2001 View Post
    They also don't play any defense. They'll have to outscore Mizzou to win that game. Lets see if they can do it.
    um.. that's sort of how it works, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BearyWhite View Post
    um.. that's sort of how it works, right?

Ha ha ha!
    But, oh, Beary... You are forgetting this game will be played in tinseltown, where STYLE points count.

Might be 3 transfers soon

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...09--ncaab.html

interesting...

he would have really been unhappy splitting those 8 minutes/game with J Smith. Now he gets all 8 minutes all to himself.

However, I guess a McD AA can't be too happy playing behind the Wear twins.

Can't imagine what that locker room is like, with all the freshmen running the show, most of them with one foot out the door, the coach on the hotseat, and the disappointing season so far.

More UCLA meltdown coming.

Quote Originally Posted by bruab View Post
    I dont need easy, I need possible. Jorge Gutierrez

It is the North Carolina curse. I swear to god Howland must have made a similar promise to the Wear twins that Tedford made to KA/ZM. Why Parker is playing less minutes than those guys is a mystery.

Real Bear

I watched that game and UCLA sure wasn't very impressive, against a weak Fresno team that already had 6 losses. I was expecting a lot more. Don McClean said that the lowest rated recruit in their fabulous recruiting class, Jordan Adams, rated #59, is playing better than all the rest right now, and I'd have to agree.

Both UCLA and Cal are playing below expectations right now, and one or both of them should get better.

Also agree with Tsubamoto that UCLA doesn't play much defense.

Shabazz has some pretty hot footwear, however. Those shoes alone are worth seeing UCLA play.

Quote Originally Posted by SFCityBear View Post
    Don McClean said that the lowest rated recruit in their fabulous recruiting class, Jordan Adams, rated #59, is playing better than all the rest right now, and I'd have to agree.
    Which is exactly why you have to WATCH OUT for UCLA.
    Hey, game time in just 30 minutes!

What's going on here, though? I think I might be rooting for Missouri! It's just too tempting to snicker at UCLA if they get embarrassed. Schadenfreud! (chuckle)