Thread: Another ranking and grading the coaching hires

Another ranking and grading the coaching hires

For what it's worth. They put Cal near the top of the list with an A-.

http://network.yardbarker.com/colleg...medium=twitter

Gotta take every "analysis" with a grain of salt, but I tend to discount nearly everything espn says due to their extreme bias and focus on certain stories (tebow, jets, notre dame, yankees, lakers, etc).

At least 2 other publications have scored well with sonny's hire so that's encouraging. This analysis has only 5 teams with A's and Cal is one of them

This is the fourth such ranking I've read, 3 were posted here and I think the 4th may have been on Bleacher. With the exception of ESPN's crap that obviously took 5 minutes to write and was based soley on the geography of the coaches' last school vs. the new school, the other 3 rankings were pretty consistent and all had Dykes in the top third.

I wish these guys would publish their grades for last years hires so we could judge their competence.

Quote Originally Posted by GB54 View Post
    I wish these guys would publish their grades for last years hires so we could judge their competence.
    So is Dykes a 4-star or 5-star coach.

And do we have to wait until his third year to see if he is any good...

Quote Originally Posted by NVGolfingBear View Post
    So is Dykes a 4-star or 5-star coach.

And do we have to wait until his third year to see if he is any good...
    4 star talent, 5 star physique

Helmet psyche?

I'm not clear on your meaning.
    GO BEARS!

S71, they are joking about evaluationg Dykes similar to a recruit, lol.

I say he is a 4 Star recruit that due to intangibles will coach like a 5 Star!

Am really excited for the future and believe Sonny is taking all the right steps so far. Can't wait to see his entire staff recruit once the bowl season is done.

Go Bears!

no bear
    This seems pretty fair.