Thread: CW no longer w/ the team

CW no longer w/ the team

bummer. #14

Quote Originally Posted by Davidson View Post
    bummer. #14
    Cecil Whiteside for people who do not know who 'CW" is.

Any reason why? Who made this move?

Quote Originally Posted by Davidson View Post
    bummer. #14
    Bummer. If he leaves school I hope he was in good academic standing.

Cecil has a meeting with Dykes on the 15th to sort out his status about whether he'll be playing or just a student at Cal.

Damn, really hoped he and Forbes would form a solid LB corps. Hope he can make it back somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    Cecil has a meeting with Dykes on the 15th to sort out his status about whether he'll be playing or just a student at Cal.
    So sounds like there's still a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    Sounds like at a minimum he's staying in school which is great news for his future, whether he plays ball or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Unit2Sucks View Post
    Sounds like at a minimum he's staying in school which is great news for his future, whether he plays ball or not.
    This ^

Quote Originally Posted by StillNoStanfurdium View Post
    So sounds like there's still a shot.
    Maybe some extra tutoring sessions with Sonny?

Quote Originally Posted by OskiMD View Post
    Maybe some extra tutoring sessions with Sonny?
    Or, perhaps a little reality setting with a 2x4 upside the head to impress upon him the opportunity he's wasting?? The University has a responsibility to support these kids BUT, the student-athletes also have an obligation to perform both on the field AND in the classroom.

I think it is even tougher for a lot of these kids when they don't have the support and structure of the football program to actually go on to graduate. At least when I was at Cal it seemed like a number of the guys I knew who didn't stick with the team drifted off with most of them not graduating or graduating many many years after it would provide any credit for APR. Often the underlying issues that caused them to not stick with football were barriers to progressing in their studies.