Thread: SB: Cal gets 6th 2014 commitment

SB: Cal gets 6th 2014 commitment

Cal is graduating 6 in 2014 so might be the last recruit.

Octavia Bond (Northgate) will be joining Kobie Pettis, Taurie Pogue, Kristin Cullen, Kristin Hoover, and Jazmyn Jackson as the 6th member of the Cal recruiting class. Bond is a slap hitter and insanely fast. The junior is currently 69-72 in stolen bases in her career including 19-19 this season.

This is a great recruiting class. Hats off to the coaching staff. High School All-Americans, All-State, League MVP's. Has it all.

Baseball Is Octavia possibly James Bond's niece?

Cal is tied for 7th out of nine teams in stolen bases this season. Octavia Bond & Jazymin Jackson should inject some new speed in 2015. I agree that the class of 2014 will be a foundation class for the future of Cal softball. I just hope that Cal finds a dominant pitcher by then. GO BEARS!
    Last edited by Schroeder71; 03-21-2013 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeder71 View Post
    Cal is tied for 7th out of nine teams in stolen bases this season. Octavia Bond & Jazymin Jackson should inject some new speed in 2015. I agree that the class of 2014 will be a foundation class for the future of Cal softball. I just hope that Cal finds a dominant pitcher by then. GO BEARS!
    Pitching is the big ? . I think Owens and Ontiveros will develop nicely and i'm pretty excited to see what Sutherland-Finch is going to do at Cal. Taylor Cotton will bring a new dimension as a lefty for the squad. Kristin Cullen and Kourtney Shaw are coming in 2014 and 2015. That is a lot of arms.

Cal has recruited a lot of speed in upcoming years. Reed in 2013, a few in the 2014 class, and Rood and Mccue in 2015. Lots of talent. Hope it all comes together.

with Lindsey Z graduating this year and Victory Jones the following year is there a 2013 recruits who could possibly play catcher? I know Danielle can catch too..could coach D switch her to be a catcher? She's got a bazooka of an arm to play catcher.

Quote Originally Posted by OBear073akaSMFan View Post
    with Lindsey Z graduating this year and Victory Jones the following year is there a 2013 recruits who could possibly play catcher? I know Danielle can catch too..could coach D switch her to be a catcher? She's got a bazooka of an arm to play catcher.
    Alleah Laxamana, Cal's 2013 signee is a catcher for the Corona Angels.

http://www.eteamz.com/coronaangels/r...t=6&id=9247569