Thread: Cannot read full screen

Cannot read full screen

Greetings! I can read 90% of the message threads without any problems. However a few of the threads go off the screen to the right and require me to scroll far to the right and back to the left to read the whole messages. What can I do to fix this problem? I use Google Chrome as my browser of choice. Thank you.

fwiw, one poster to another.

Quote Originally Posted by tenplay View Post
    Greetings! I can read 90% of the message threads without any problems. However a few of the threads go off the screen to the right and require me to scroll far to the right and back to the left to read the whole messages. What can I do to fix this problem? I use Google Chrome as my browser of choice. Thank you.
    [can't write very good, sorry, but hopefully folks can decode what i'm trying to 'splain..]

what you're describing is a known Insider BBS bug / feature, depending who you ask. whichever, here's what's going on..

no matter the browser, whenever posts include biig pictures the entire thread's right margin gets set to accommodate the widest one.

p.o.'d users who still wanna read the thread can either a) shrink their screen's font size, b) yucky right/left pan and scan your view, or c) try'n convince a fellow poster to get rid of the over-sized thread killing item.

hope that helps tenplay.

sinical - thanks for the explanation. I doubt that others will stop posting large photos. And it's a hassle to keep changing font sizes. So I will just keep on skipping threads that are hard to read. Everything is repeated over and over again anyway. So I won't be missing much in the long run.