Thread: Message from Ted Agu's family

Message from Ted Agu's family

Ted's brother Kency mentioned that the public's speculation about the cause of his brother's death have been very hurtful to the family and that he's never been diagnosed with sickle cell anemia. I realize that people are differentiating between sickle cell anemia and sickle cell trait but it doesn't sound like he was diagnosed with either.

Regardless, out of respect for the family, we'll be removing posts speculating to that effect and please refrain from posting further health speculation. Thanks

Sounds good. Medical conditions like that should remain private. Condolences to the family in this extremely tough period.

thats sucks

family does not need any extra bs ...

We All Need To Respect Family's Wishes

Thank you Moraga. You are right on (like always)!

Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    Ted's brother Kency mentioned that the public's speculation about the cause of his brother's death have been very hurtful to the family and that he's never been diagnosed with sickle cell anemia. I realize that people are differentiating between sickle cell anemia and sickle cell trait but it doesn't sound like he was diagnosed with either.

Regardless, out of respect for the family, we'll be removing posts speculating to that effect and please refrain from posting further health speculation. Thanks
    I was hoping your post, MB, was about support for the family.
    It's more than unfortunate that "intellectual" ghouls had the weird need to speculate about Ted.
    Good to get rid of all that hurtful junk.

Ben Lomond, a small town outside of Santa Cruz in the mountains
    I have not posted yet regarding Agu because I was busy and it was sooo stunning.

So let me take this opportunity to say, as someone who lost the last member of my nuclear family (my mother) last year that I don't know how I could possibly handle losing someone like Ted so early in life.

However, in the hopes that this provides comfort, every loss I've had has been replaced by renewed relationships with those familiy members in ways that are subtle and sublime. We don't really lose anybody. The relationship changes in nature. Hopefully you will experience the many blessings that I have recieved from beyond the grave. Such blessings have enriched my life and made me a better person.

From what I have read, Ted was/is one of those types that can give many blessings.

All the best and so sorry for the sudden and shocking loss of someone so beloved. I hope that Cal makes a special tribute to honor players who make an effort to develop as people as well as players during their time at Cal. I would like to see a helmet sticker with the #35 on it that gets placed on the helmet of a player every time he does something Tedlike off the field. This will allow the fans, media and everyone watching to know that the player did something that involved character. I hope we root a little more for such players because that is what Cal is all about.

I cursed a few ppl out on the espn fb posts speculating all types of horrendous stuff.

Thank you.

Good idea. There's no need for it. This is difficult for his family as it is; their privacy needs to be respected during this awful time.

Thanks MB. Sometimes our petty sense of entitlement to know everything trumps our sense of decency.

Classy, Moraga. Thanks for doing your part to protect the family and maintain the integrity of this board. Also, thanks for setting up the PayPal donation site.