Thread: Si.com Pac-12 All-Alumni Team

Si.com Pac-12 All-Alumni Team

Didn't see this posted here yet:

http://www.si.com/2014/07/18/all-pac-12-nfl-alumni-team

What is depressing is how many Cal players are listed on this pac10/12 all-alumni team compared with the overall performance of the program the last several years. I don't want this to get into another shouting match about how this was all someone's fault, but just an incredible dichotomy between the Cal talent on this list and the state of the program now.

Bush over MJ-D?

Since he says he based his picks on career performance, I find it curious that he places Reggie Bush over Maurice Jones-Drew. I'm sure there are other picks that could be disputed but that one jumps out at me. Telling factor for Cal: only 1 defensive player picked but several offensive guys. Our failures, even in good years (e.g., bowl game vs. TTU), have largely come on that side of the ball.
    Access is better than ownership!

Quote Originally Posted by CalLifer View Post
    Didn't see this posted here yet:

http://www.si.com/2014/07/18/all-pac-12-nfl-alumni-team

What is depressing is how many Cal players are listed on this pac10/12 all-alumni team compared with the overall performance of the program the last several years. I don't want this to get into another shouting match about how this was all someone's fault, but just an incredible dichotomy between the Cal talent on this list and the state of the program now.

I guess this of the current NFL roster
    Last edited by tommie317; 07-21-2014 at 12:33 PM.

Defense wins Championships

Quote Originally Posted by 59bear View Post
    Since he says he based his picks on career performance, I find it curious that he places Reggie Bush over Maurice Jones-Drew. I'm sure there are other picks that could be disputed but that one jumps out at me. Telling factor for Cal: only 1 defensive player picked but several offensive guys. Our failures, even in good years (e.g., bowl game vs. TTU), have largely come on that side of the ball.
    And we don't...

Its not like all the Cal players were in school the same time, nor it is indicative of the depth.
    For example, its exciting to see Mack, Schwartz, Schwenke get strong mentions, but after that, how few Cal O-linemen got a sniff over the same period of time (and at 5 per year)...
    Many of the guys came from a time when Cal was winning-Rodgers, Beast, DeSean. You win in the Pac-12/10, you get guys in the league. You are .500 or so, and you get a guy here and there in the league. Easy to forget that we aren't talking about the WAC here...being competitive in this league means you have talent!
    Last edited by mbBear; 07-22-2014 at 06:15 AM.