Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Let's say I was gay married to a NFL player and something like Rice happens...

OT: Let's say I was gay married to a NFL player and something like Rice happens...

and I'm not remotely athletic, but I am a average man, but he still is a NFL player, would he receive the same punishment?

What if the woman was the world's strongest woman? I guess what I'm trying to find out is where is the line and whether it should be more black and white.

True Blue Golden Bear BeachyBear's Avatar
    I'd like to think in this day and age an NFL player who punches his husband/ boyfriend unconscious would receive the same punishment as one who assaults his gf/ wife, but I don't think it works that way.

Like it or not, the assumption is the gf is defenseless and it's a cowardly act of aggression. It's assumed a man could fight back, though we all know an average man wouldn't stand a chance against an NFL player.

True Blue Golden Bear NYCGOBEARS's Avatar
    Tommie, you and burritos can't hang out together for a while.

Isn't that kind of what happened with Kwame Harris? But the offense instigating the beating was much more serious then most. IIRC the boyfriend had stolen his underwear. I mean if that doesn't require a beat down...

All kidding aside, the issue of what sort of force is reasonable is a question for the jury to decide, so it is not black and white. A jury may well believe your hypothetical world's strongest woman posed enough threat to make a reasonable person try to punch her out to subdue her. But that just wasn't the case with Rice and I don't think it was the case with Mixon. But that is what juries are for.

Quote Originally Posted by BeachyBear View Post
    I'd like to think in this day and age an NFL player who punches his husband/ boyfriend unconscious would receive the same punishment as one who assaults his gf/ wife, but I don't think it works that way.Like it or not, the assumption is the gf is defenseless and it's a cowardly act of aggression. It's assumed a man could fight back, though we all know an average man wouldn't stand a chance against an NFL player.
    If he punched me like that I'd be knocked the eff out to. So the punishment should be the same right?

Quote Originally Posted by tommie317 View Post
    and I'm not remotely athletic, but I am a average man, but he still is a NFL player, would he receive the same punishment?

What if the woman was the world's strongest woman? I guess what I'm trying to find out is where is the line and whether it should be more black and white.
    Let's say you were "gay married"? Do you say that you are currently "straight married"?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCGOBEARS View Post
    Tommie, you and burritos can't hang out together for a while.
    Wasn't it obvious with the jeggings?

Quote Originally Posted by grandmastapoop View Post
    Let's say you were "gay married"? Do you say that you are currently "straight married"?
    My wife says she's not sure

Wasn't it obvious with the jeggings?
    Jeggings were the gateway outfit.

Jeggings were the gateway outfit.
    Can you recommend a gateway scarf?

Can you recommend a gateway scarf?
    I will PM you with a suggested full blown conversion ensemble.

I will PM you with a suggested full blown conversion ensemble.
    So you're going to take a selfie and send it to me?

What if you're "straight single" or "gay single" and your part.. F*ck it, this is too confusing.

So you're going to take a selfie and send it to me?
    Sure but never mention it to my wife.

How much more significant would the public/legal outrage be if the victim were a white female. 100x. If the victim were a white blond female. Death penalty. If the victim were Taylor Swift. Death penalty for Obama.