Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Harper's catch

Chris Harper's catch

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/19A...pL.qwpBDuVr1Uo

I heard he is okay too (didn't even need to go to hospital)
    ‘I don’t need easy, I need possible.’ Jorge Gutierrez

Wadood got away with a dirty shot. Should have gotten his ass kicked out of the game. That last interception was out of bounds too. Overrated uclasucks is still trailer trash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Les Richter (October 26, 1930 – June 12, 2010)
    University of California All-America 1951

Wadood dipped his head and should have been flagged for TARGETING !! That 15 yd penalty would have made the FG attempt a reality and there would be no need for Goff to take the flyer on that damned streak pattern !!

Quote Originally Posted by Ukrainian View Post
    Wadood dipped his head and should have been flagged for TARGETING !! That 15 yd penalty would have made the FG attempt a reality and there would be no need for Goff to take the flyer on that damned streak pattern !!
    Sure looked intentional, and multiple replays were shown.
    Gutless announcers almost choked trying not to comment.
    However, the hit was open and obvious.
    How, or why, the refs missed it is an open question.

After that play, I'm happy that Wadood took his thuggery elsewhere.
    I'd rather lose cleanly than trying to seriously injure a player.
    Wadood indeed tried as he did dip his helmet on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCalVa View Post
    Sure looked intentional, and multiple replays were shown.
    Gutless announcers almost choked trying not to comment.
    However, the hit was open and obvious.
    How, or why, the refs missed it is an open question.

After that play, I'm happy that Wadood took his thuggery elsewhere.
    I'd rather lose cleanly than trying to seriously injure a player.
    Wadood indeed tried as he did dip his helmet on purpose.
    agreed, f#ck that guy

I get the protective and angry emotions, and it should have been flagged, but I don't think it was "thuggery". It was a critical 4th down. Of course he's going to do anything to jar ball free and stop Harper's momentum at the spot. He went low to stop forward progress––Harper was defenseless but he was backpedaling trying to go low too and get first down. He lead with helmet and that's a foul...but it's a lot to throw villainy and malicious intent on him when he was just playing hard.
    ~The Bear will not quilt. The Bear will not dye.~

Quote Originally Posted by blungld View Post
    I get the protective and angry emotions, and it should have been flagged, but I don't think it was "thuggery". It was a critical 4th down. Of course he's going to do anything to jar ball free and stop Harper's momentum at the spot. He went low to stop forward progress––Harper was defenseless but he was backpedaling trying to go low too and get first down. He lead with helmet and that's a foul...but it's a lot to throw villainy and malicious intent on him when he was just playing hard.
    He knew exactly what he was doing. Didja see the celebration afterward? Didja see any sign of concern toward Harper? Did he stand there looking on to see if he was OK, as any Bear would do? Neither did I - just the usual strutting.

Real Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushinbear View Post
    He knew exactly what he was doing. Didja see the celebration afterward? Didja see any sign of concern toward Harper? Did he stand there looking on to see if he was OK, as any Bear would do? Neither did I - just the usual strutting.
    Yep. There's trying extra hard to be objective and then there's turning a blind eye. If this was a good representation of Wadood's play, I'm also glad he's not representing Cal.

Quote Originally Posted by blungld View Post
    "Hey ref, wtf, I wasn't spearing ... I was just playing hard ... so wtf is wrong with you ref just because I intentionally lowered my head and went helmet to helmet with the helpless dude ... hard play, that's all ... "
    Yeah, hard play ... a bRUIN EXCUSE fostered by a "cal fan".

The refs missed a lot of stuff in that game. I saw UCLA guys holding on the edge countless times and thought sure the flag had to be coming, but it never did.

That was one of the best catches I've ever seen if not the best. Truly a thing of beauty.

I wouldn't have called it as a ref. At the end of the game, you want players to make plays that determine the outcome (now I am all for player safety and love Harper but I wouldn't want to have won in that fashion). UCLA made the play to win it, I'm glad it was not determined by a yellow flag. Kudos to Rios.

Then you wouldn't be doing your job as a ref. A borderline play, sure you might let the players play. That was an obvious, no doubt spearing call that a high school ref should make - if properly called you would have had an issue? Wow...

Quote Originally Posted by NJCalFan View Post
    I wouldn't have called it as a ref. At the end of the game, you want players to make plays that determine the outcome (now I am all for player safety and love Harper but I wouldn't want to have won in that fashion). UCLA made the play to win it, I'm glad it was not determined by a yellow flag. Kudos to Rios.
    Agree. If that call had gone against us we would have been screaming bloody murder.

Did you miss the part where I said it was a foul?
    ~The Bear will not quilt. The Bear will not dye.~