Thread: Lasco

Lasco

Any word on Lasco's health? The TV didn't show it, but he was looking very woozy before that last play, the interception. It appeared to me that he even started to try to come out of the game, but for some reason, did not. He was not involved in the play, thank goodness, just slipped off to Goff's left and didn't have to make a block. But then he did go down, and was being tended to on the field during the video review. The TV didn't show him. Matt Millen just mentioned at one point that he was down, and that's the last I heard. I hope it's not a concussion, but that's kinda what it looked like. And I wonder why an obviously injured player was allowed to stay in the game for that crucial play--or why an injured player should ever be allowed to stay in the game.

I was listening to the radio broadcast and they also mentioned that Lasco was down on the field. I would imagine that Davis, Harper & Lasco could be out for this Friday night vs Oregon. Davis & Harper play the X WR spot so I would move Maurice Harris & Jack Austin there. Bryce Treggs could also be moved outside and have Stephen Anderson & Darius Powe start in the slots. Remember that Wazzu only lost to Oregon, 38-31, without a running game. If I'm Cal, I study that game film and encorporate the plays that worked into Cal's gameplan. Maybe the passing game will open up the running game. Remember the Citrus Bowl victory over Clemson anyone?
    GO BEARS!

Real Bear
    I really hope he didn't suffer a concussion, but it didn't look good. He didn't rack of the yards yesterday, but he was vital down near the goal line.

He was also targeted by a head-to-head shot (from Jack maybe?) that (of course, thank you Pac-12 refs) was not called. Lasco came out, and then surprisingly came back later. Are targeting rules in college different than the pros? It was pretty obvious headhunting (except to Millen) on TV.

I'm way more concerned about the health of the players (Davis, Harper, Lasco, and others) than the loss of the game.

I saw him after the game walking out of the stadium with the team. He is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankBear21 View Post
    I saw him after the game walking out of the stadium with the team. He is fine.
    Not saying he isn't, but concussions are oftentimes not visible

Quote Originally Posted by Go!Bears View Post
    Not saying he isn't, but concussions are oftentimes not visible
    cumulative effects.

Lasco's worked his butt off and doesn't deserve to take cheap hits, especially with no penalty attached to them.