Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GlassesRef.com: Pac 12 officiating in all its glory

GlassesRef.com: Pac 12 officiating in all its glory

going4roses posted this link in the most recent Mike Silver thread. I thought it deserved its own thread so people here don't miss it. I don't know who created this site, but it's off to a good start. I look forward to being enraged further when the creator posts all the missed calls from the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters.

http://www.glassesref.com/

Hope it is expanded to include other teams in the Pac 12. It would then have more global appeal. Nice start though.

This is awesome, fantastic work!!!!

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 86Oski View Post
    going4roses posted this link in the most recent Mike Silver thread. I thought it deserved its own thread so people here don't miss it. I don't know who created this site, but it's off to a good start. I look forward to being enraged further when the creator posts all the missed calls from the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters.

Wait, don't we hate the actual glasses ref? I actually thought he was the one in the review booth. Michael Batlan + Glasses Ref = Cal haters.

Wow that holding was extremely blatant. No penalties on Furd until the deep into the 3rd quarter. Riiiiight. Officials with an agenda, esp. Batlan. This is pissing me off again, especially Furd's unnecessary shots to Goff's head. It's as if they are being given a directive to go after Goff's head by the Furd coaches, and it is as if Batlan is asked to look away. This friggin smells. We already knew this was bad, but this blog post shows it was even worse. Batlan needs to be fired - that really is the only remedy. Let him continue to be a bankruptcy trustee and stop ruining the sport.
    Last edited by KoreAmBear; 12-17-2014 at 11:07 AM.

Anyone know if that website is actually published by Jay Stricherz (the original Pac-12 "Glasses Ref" that retired at the end of last season) or if it is an impostor site? If that is Stricherz's site I would think he would include his name and bio on the page. Also, it seems odd that he would say "Pac-12 officiating has historically been terrible" when Stricherz himself was a Pac-10/Pac-12 ref for 35 years.

Wow. Very well done. Sunlight is the best antiseptic.

Quote Originally Posted by 77Bear View Post
    Anyone know if that website is actually published by Jay Stricherz (the original Pac-12 "Glasses Ref" that retired at the end of last season) or if it is an impostor site? If that is Stricherz's site I would think he would include his name and bio on the page. Also, it seems odd that he would say "Pac-12 officiating has historically been terrible" when Stricherz himself was a Pac-10/Pac-12 ref for 35 years.
    It's clearly not. Plus he hates Cal. I wouldn't doubt if Stricherz and Batlan have a partnership registered somewhere called Screw Cal LLP.

E mail the link to Scott and Williams!

Quote Originally Posted by wifeisafurd View Post
    E mail the link to Scott and Williams!

E-mail it to the media is a great idea? WIF, do you mean Scott Ostler? He loves to stir things up... Oh on further thought you mean Larry Scott, great idea.

So send it to Larry Scott but cc it at the same time to as many media folks as possible.

p.s. can we get this Silver? This is a rant I would love to hear him go off on and this is so well done and illustrates beautifully the sequence of events last year and this year that are pissing Cal Fans off so much..

Quote Originally Posted by NVBear78 View Post
    E-mail it to the media is a great idea? WIF, do you mean Scott Ostler? He loves to stir things up... Oh on further thought you mean Larry Scott, great idea.

So send it to Larry Scott but cc it at the same time to as many media folks as possible.

p.s. can we get this Silver? This is a rant I would love to hear him go off on and this is so well done and illustrates beautifully the sequence of events last year and this year that are pissing Cal Fans off so much..
    I'd wait until the creator of the site puts up the rest of the game.

Yah let's have it completely professional looking first. And please, no "it wouldn't have changed the result" qualifier in any email or post. We have no idea what would have changed the complexion of the game. Getting punched in the gut by Batlan on the first play from scrimmage, then basically seeing a ref who was going to look away on any penalty by Furd, doesn't really help your frame of mind or emotional balance in the heat of battle.
    Last edited by KoreAmBear; 12-17-2014 at 11:45 AM.

I think it is the duty of every Cal fan to email this site to Larry Scott. When the other quarters are done we can all email it again - one quarter at a time. Whoever did that site is my hero. Somebody could dedicate a site even longer with just Oregon holds that weren't called through the year.

Quote Originally Posted by dajo9 View Post
    I think it is the duty of every Cal fan to email this site to Larry Scott. When the other quarters are done we can all email it again - one quarter at a time. Whoever did that site is my hero. Somebody could dedicate a site even longer with just Oregon holds that weren't called through the year.
    Man that hold on Clark the very next play after the Lowe ejection was just so awful. How do you not call a hold when the guy is basically choking a d-lineman's neck from behind? Those two first plays from the LOS basically set the tone for the whole game.

It is amazing how ridiculous it is already and the worst is yet to come. An epic screw job.

Quote Originally Posted by calumnus View Post
    It is amazing how ridiculous it is already and the worst is yet to come. An epic screw job.
    I think this guy had it right.