Thread: Rivalry in college football survey (help with academic research)

Rivalry in college football survey (help with academic research)

What does rivalry mean to you? I'm a college student working with my professors to answer that question and others related to understanding fans' perspective of college football rivalries. Please take our survey (5-10 minutes) to tell us what rivalry means to Cal fans, and we'll come back to share the results once compiled.

https://wcu.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SI...T&mbsrc=mb0142

We collected rivalry data initially in 2013, and we're hoping for more data now and to track possible changes in rivalry over time. Thanks in advance for helping with our research!(To Mods: We apologize if this isn't acceptable use of the board. If you'd like it posted elsewhere, just please let us know and we'll remove it; however, our similar survey last time was popular for discussion in the team forums, and we hope your members will also enjoy it)

Matt Hepner, Sports Business student at Northern Kentucky University
    Dr. Joe Cobbs, Northern Kentucky University
    Dr. David Tyler, Western Carolina University

Cool survey.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyght4Cal View Post
    Cool survey.
    I agree. I thought the questions were very interesting, well thought out. It was a fun exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by mbBear View Post
    I agree. I thought the questions were very interesting, well thought out. It was a fun exercise.
    +1

Good stuff. Wish they had asked about secondary rivals because the Furd rivalry is a lot more civilized than say our raillery with the cheater-SC.

Quote Originally Posted by wifeisafurd View Post
    Good stuff. Wish they had asked about secondary rivals because the Furd rivalry is a lot more civilized than say our raillery with the cheater-SC.
    What rivalry with USC?

Quote Originally Posted by dajo9 View Post
    What rivalry with USC?
    I listed the Furd Rivalry as number one and all that. But for a lot of us who grew up in SoCal and around the $C fans, there was more "hate" for them vs. Furd...
    My freshman year, half my floor was from SoCal...when we beat $C that year, it was total craziness....