Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Women's Basketball
Reload this Page State HS games TV, radio, and blog
Notices

(#1) Old
Golden Bear

State HS games TV, radio, and blog - 03-22-2011, 10:21 PM

As mentioned previously only the Div 1 & 2 boys and girls championship games will be on TV. You can also follow all 10 games on radio (KBC sports). There is a link to the radio station in the middle of the article and you can probably listen to it on-line.

In addition the games will be blogged live by the same people who did Norcal championships. The link will probably be found on one of the on-line Bayarea group newspapers (CCtimes, Oaklandtribune, or SJMercurynews). I will try to link it when it is available.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/prepcorner/20...championships/

Last edited by OBear073akaSMFan; 03-23-2011 at 03:23 PM.
  (#2) Old
Loyal Bear

The link was great - 03-23-2011, 12:50 AM

I won't need it this time as I will be there.

By the way, on the discussion on the games, someone suggested the venue (ARCO Arena in Sacramento) be changed. And one of the discussions was could it be held at Haas. A lot of people loved the idea and the biggest criticism was the parking for the event. I personally would love for it to be here. What does everyone else think?
  (#3) Old
Real Bear

03-23-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvitbear View Post
By the way, on the discussion on the games, someone suggested the venue (ARCO Arena in Sacramento) be changed. And one of the discussions was could it be held at Haas. A lot of people loved the idea and the biggest criticism was the parking for the event. I personally would love for it to be here. What does everyone else think?
Why, hell, yes!
  (#4) Old
Golden Bear

03-23-2011, 01:28 PM

Yep..don't mind if it is a Haas or Oracle. I realize the site is set in advance but for this year with 7NCS in state have to think an east bay venue would have been the ideal location to maximize attendance. I would think CCS would prefer Haas or Arena, and even some of the SJS schools too (vallejo, Benica. & even SMS) would find traveling to Berkeley or Oakland not much more of an inconvenience coming here than going to Sacto.

Of course NS are the only one probably most affected but how often do they make state and what's another 90 minutes for them to come to berkeley/oakland.
  (#5) Old
Real Bear

03-23-2011, 03:15 PM

Thanks to everyone for the links (in this thread and the other one). I didn't know the games would be on TV. I can't make it up there on Sat, so now I know how I can see some of it. I appreciate the info. And have fun, wvitbear! Cheer on (soon-to-be) our own Brittany Boyd for me.
  (#6) Old
Loyal Bear

Jordan Adams will be playing for Mater Dei - 03-23-2011, 04:47 PM

She is said to be hurt but I heard she played last game. She was at one time our most important possible recruit for next year and is rated the 6th best player in the nation. The way our season has unfolded, maybe we are no longer in the running.

I'm really primed for this game. Hope it meets my expectations.

Thanks for the well wishes.

OKA 73, are you going?
  (#7) Old
Golden Bear

03-23-2011, 05:23 PM

I'm actually trying to go to the stanford invitational (T&F) which runs also friday and sat. I admire you attending all of these games but 10 games is too much for me. I've look forward to your annual report. Do you take notes or is it all from memory?
  (#8) Old
Loyal Bear

I usually buy a program and take some notes - 03-23-2011, 06:24 PM

I wasn't thinking you would attend all 10 games, just the St. Mary's game.

By the way, I was looking at an old program from 2007. In it, Marlbourough played St. Patricks. One of the notes I wrote about a sophomore from Marlbourough was "Physically strong. Very tough". Name of player Talia Caldwell.