Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Football
Reload this Page Tevin Carter Meltdown
Notices

(#76) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

04-07-2011, 03:55 AM

What a bizarre situation....

Carter needs some growing up to do if all these things he did and said (mentioned by our beloved, hardcore facebook stalkers in this thread) are true.
  (#77) Old
Real Bear

04-07-2011, 04:01 AM

!!!!!! FIRE KIESAU !!!!

(#78) Old
Loyal Bear

04-07-2011, 04:28 AM

well actually, no, he/she doesn't have to defend anything. You can post something and let everyone say whatever/call you out all they want, and you can go about your business (unless there is a link to who is on the "approval committee" that I missed, lol).
However, when you proclaim something as "fact"(and that is a significant distinction here) I do believe the moderators have an obligation to take down the thread/ban the poster if it turns out not to be true. my 2 cents...
  (#79) Old
New Bear

04-07-2011, 05:17 AM

Thats fine. Have a moderator contact me. I'd be more than happy to share with him/her the five "W"s (who what when where why). The event that went down between Tedford and Carter is factual. Now, the result of the event has yet to be resolved. Time will tell if Carter does stay a Bear or not. I do not know for sure. As of now, it does not look good. From what I understand, its up to Carter. He got his pride muscle hurt and headed for the door. Thats all I know.
  (#80) Old
Loyal Bear

04-07-2011, 05:28 AM

that's up to the moderators to decide, and not sure if anything needs to be done anyway, but who am I to say. I think "time will tell" is a lot different than "Carter is on his way home." I too would suggest a new thread that speaks clearly to what you know as "fact" as of now, and what remains to be decided.
  (#81) Old
Loyal Bear

04-07-2011, 05:50 AM

CalWRluv, I completely believe you. But as much as I might like hearing insider gossip, some stuff should remain private, at least until it has played out. I doubt Tedford or Tevin would appreciate such a candid telling of what took place on a public message board. Particularly given that the situation is in flux, I think you ought to wait until the repercussions are known and then consider whether it makes sense to divulge this or not.

Just my $0.02, again, not trying to throw stones, I'm just not sure this is helpful at this time.
  (#82) Old
Active Bear

Confused by some here - 04-07-2011, 08:20 AM

CalWRluv was either there to see this interchange or heard it first hand (maybe even from TC?). I get there is need for discrtion, but sometimes people here believe that Moraga or Grey are the only ones who have access or have factual info. They're not. As we've seen with kcal's practice posts, others have access and can post valuable info.

I share the opinion many have already stated. Do I like reading about "insider" stuff like this? Yes. Do I necessarily think it should be posted? Guess it depends on circumstance. Do I HAVE to know it? No, of course not.

I really don't get the uproar. Obviously, this event occured. It has been verified by many here as factual. Bottom line--if this happened behind closed doors, then yes it should stay private. But considering a) it sounds like it happened in front of many people to witness (at practice even?) and b) TC tweeted or FB'ed about leaving ("going home"), then it is public. PERIOD.
  (#83) Old
Loyal Bear

04-07-2011, 08:35 AM

I, for one, have no problem abandoning my self-righteousness once the rumors swirling seem legitimate. Hypocrisy FTW!
  (#84) Old
Loyal Bear

04-07-2011, 08:41 AM

Discretion in this sort of situation is always important. Of course it feels great to have a scoop. But, we don't get paid for uncovering information. Plus, we expose the program we love to damage beyond our knowing.

One thing that I've done is consult and collaborate when I've had inside info on the program. I've written to Moraga to alert him to situations, and take some guidance on what to reveal and what not to. I've spoken with coaches at certain points. Having worked in an industry where public exposure is great and the ability to hold one's water is prized, it is enough for me to know what I know. Everyone else is on a need to know basis.

Moreover, we have an Insider's board here. I would respecfully suggest that if the need to reveal this kind of information is too great to overcome, then the Insider's Board would be a much better place than the public board.
  (#85) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

04-07-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyght4Cal View Post
Moreover, we have an Insider's board here. I would respecfully suggest that if the need to reveal this kind of information is too great to overcome, then the Insider's Board would be a much better place than the public board.
The Insider's Board is public to anyone willing to pony up a few bucks a month. If people are really concerned about sparing a young man embarrassment or in waiting until facts are corroborated to start gossiping, the Insider's Board isn't the solution.
  (#86) Old
Active Bear

04-07-2011, 11:52 AM

dont mind them calwrluv, they like to harass people with particular insight until they are proved legit.
  (#87) Old
New Bear

04-08-2011, 02:18 AM

Its all good. Tedford confirmed it yesterday officially with ESPN.
  (#88) Old
Loyal Bear

04-08-2011, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearyWhite View Post
The Insider's Board is public to anyone willing to pony up a few bucks a month. If people are really concerned about sparing a young man embarrassment or in waiting until facts are corroborated to start gossiping, the Insider's Board isn't the solution.
Your point is well taken. I didn't say good, I said better. Clearly, sparing and waiting weren't among the chief concerns of the beans spillers.