Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > Cal Fan Clubs > Where to Watch Cal Game
Reload this Page Suggestions on where to watch Holiday Bowl in Bay Area?
Notices

(#16) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

12-22-2011, 07:42 AM

just do an advanced search for a word that is in here that doesn't come up very often on this board, like "Brickyard", it will bring the thread out.
  (#17) Old
Real Bear

12-22-2011, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamjr View Post
I've never been, but I heard it's the best Cal friendly bar in the city. Verification anyone?
It is but I don't believe it's open on weekends. It should be open on the 28th though for the Holiday Bowl. It would also be a decent choice to watch the game, and yes, I think you could call it "Cal friendly" since the place is populated with Cal fans the Friday before every Big Game, including much of the Cal Band, with instruments.
  (#18) Old
Active Bear

12-22-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHorn View Post
Yes - used to be Blue Light (and Final Final before that) - but I believe it was this year they switched to Brickyard. I've not been so I don't know what the turnout typically is, but it usually was pretty good at Blue Light and Final Final - I would think so for this one as well.
I went to Brickyard with a couple friends (1 a UT alum) for the Texass Oklahoma State game, and was quite impressed with the Hooker Whores fans. Every first down elicited a roar like it was a game winning TD. Pity they didn't get more of those...

They are good folks, but unless Cal has 2/3 of the Brickyard, it will seem like the UT bar that it normally is this year...loud proud bunch.
  (#19) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

12-22-2011, 04:45 PM

That's the problem with watching Cal sports in the City, a whole lot of transplants from other schools mixed with the hordes of yuppie neutrals who don't give a crap about college sports...
  (#20) Old
Real Bear

12-22-2011, 04:50 PM

Stevie (Northstar) also owns Kelly's.
  (#21) Old
Active Bear

12-23-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearwithfangs View Post
Anyone have any East Bay suggestions for some friends?
I've always like Stadium Pub in Walnut Creek. Not fancy but a good spot for football watching
  (#22) Old
Website Administrator

12-24-2011, 12:15 AM

I'll copy the thread there right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNoodle View Post
If I bookmark this thread for future reference and come back to look for it in a year or two will it still be here? Can this be saved in the food and drink board ?

GO BEARS !!!