Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Olympic Sports
Reload this Page Softball vs. LSU/Bears respond to smack talk
Notices
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1) Old
HairOfTheBear HairOfTheBear is offline
Real Bear
 
HairOfTheBear's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,462
Join Date: Jul 2008
Softball vs. LSU/Bears respond to smack talk - 02-20-2012, 12:03 PM

I am feeling very nosey today and I am hoping someone might be able to fill in some details for me.

Fishing for some specifics here as it seems there was some smack talk from LSU and the Bears responded on the field (and how!). Surely the team encounters some smack talkers now and then, but it sounds like this interaction cut a little deeper. Whatever happened seems to have bonded these Bears even more and they exploded against LSU.


Also, Florida and Bama remained undefeated and seems unlikely that the rankings will change in either poll.
Reply With Quote
  (#2) Old
OBear073akaSMFan OBear073akaSMFan is offline
Golden Bear
 
Posts: 6,531
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: El Cerrito
can you link the smack talk? - 02-20-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairOfTheBear View Post
I am feeling very nosey today and I am hoping someone might be able to fill in some details for me.

Fishing for some specifics here as it seems there was some smack talk from LSU and the Bears responded on the field (and how!). Surely the team encounters some smack talkers now and then, but it sounds like this interaction cut a little deeper. Whatever happened seems to have bonded these Bears even more and they exploded against LSU.


Also, Florida and Bama remained undefeated and seems unlikely that the rankings will change in either poll.
...I hadn't heard about it.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  (#3) Old
CalBearS916Fan CalBearS916Fan is offline
Real Bear
 
Posts: 1,450
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: sactown
02-20-2012, 12:32 PM

yea jace posted somethin about lsu talkin smack on her fb page
Reply With Quote
  (#4) Old
HairOfTheBear HairOfTheBear is offline
Real Bear
 
HairOfTheBear's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,462
Join Date: Jul 2008
Here is a little sample of some comments... - 02-20-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalBearS916Fan View Post
yea jace posted somethin about lsu talkin smack on her fb page

Yep, this is pretty much how I found out. I saw a note form Mike Silver and ended up following several tweets and re-tweets referencing some bad blood or something. Here are few of the note I ran across earlier and there are more out there.

G Blogs tweet - "LOVE THIS. RT @nikkiowens72 What happens when you talk crap to our team? We beat you by eleven runs #GetOffOurField #Undefeated #CalSoftball"

Jace response - "@GoldenBlogs @nikkiowens72 you would have loved to be at the game haha it got pretty "real" out there bwahahahah"

More from Jace - "let's just say there was a lot of "chatter" going on lol"
& " oh it was heated....I love nothing more than beating SEC teams."
& "Class goes a long way!! After a few low blows it's all fair game... #ALLinBABY"

Jo - "Love ending the weekend with a feisty win. Heading back to Berk 8-0. #GoBears #stayingclassy"
& from Silver: "“@RookieBears1754: Jo goes deep. A Laser over cf fence. 2 run HR” hi, I'm @Jolenecal54 and you have no idea what I'm capable of #GoBears"

Then Jo again - "@MikeSilver and I'm not a fan of yellow and purp.. "

Silver responds - "@Jolenecal54 so good"
Reply With Quote
  (#5) Old
CalFanatic CalFanatic is offline
Real Bear
 
Posts: 1,800
Join Date: Jul 2008
02-20-2012, 01:31 PM

Let's just remember it's hard to understand a story via reading some tweets.

Not to fond of all that being posted because all that can do is come back and bite you where the sun don't shine. That's locker-room material if Cal ever meets up with them in the Post-Season, and not all that classy to mock a team after a win, even if they might "deserve it". But hey I will never complain to much about an 11-run mercy win over a SEC team. Just food for thought.
Reply With Quote
  (#6) Old
HairOfTheBear HairOfTheBear is offline
Real Bear
 
HairOfTheBear's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,462
Join Date: Jul 2008
02-20-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalFanatic View Post
Let's just remember it's hard to understand a story via reading some tweets.

Not to fond of all that being posted because all that can do is come back and bite you where the sun don't shine. That's locker-room material if Cal ever meets up with them in the Post-Season, and not all that classy to mock a team after a win, even if they might "deserve it". But hey I will never complain to much about an 11-run mercy win over a SEC team. Just food for thought.
While I tend to agree with you, I think what I saw was some fans posting the more "colorful comments" and the players did a pretty good job of just saying things like, "it was heated", "not a fan of them", "proud of my team", etc..


Also, not sure if you are implying I should consider taking the quotes down from here, but I will if folks object. Let me know.
Reply With Quote
  (#7) Old
CalFanatic CalFanatic is offline
Real Bear
 
Posts: 1,800
Join Date: Jul 2008
02-20-2012, 01:48 PM

I was speaking more in regards of twitter and not your post, as most college athletes have one and it is extremely easy to see something that is tweeted (even if you don't have an account). I agree that nothing all that disrespectful was said by our players and it really is a non-issue, it probably just would've been better to not post something for the public to see when there wasn't a need to do so. It's probably just me more than anything else. Nonetheless, Cal kicked total and complete 100% a double S against LSU. 4 jacks and 14 runs? You gotta be kidding me. Roll on
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Ad Management by RedTyger