Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Women's Basketball
Reload this Page Publicity about last Sunday's game
Notices

(#1) Old
Real Bear

Publicity about last Sunday's game - 03-06-2012, 11:53 AM

showed up someplace new: the Chronicle Sunday magazine ran the following item under the head "5 Things in March" (with a little picture of Gen doing what Gen does):

"Berkeley: The unstoppable Stanford women were nearly stopped by the Golden Bears at Stanford in February. If they stop them at Haas Pavilion in the last game the season, tonight at 6, you might see an old-time net cutting. www.calbears.com."

How I wish! Still, only five events and a Cal WBB game was one of them? Not bad at all. I like to think that the new marketing director (Ashwin Puri, yes?) was behind this. Anyway, someone's doing a decent job; 7,800 was good attendance.
  (#2) Old
Active Bear

03-07-2012, 10:01 AM

Yes, that was clever marketing. And didn't cost a thing, I'm sure. Just a savvy press release writer. You need to reach those who don't read the Sports pages and may be looking for something new, different and entertaining to do. Cal WBB is definitely entertaining. More of this "outside of the box" thinking is needed by Cal officials going forward to get more people in the seats at Haas. This applies to both the women's and the men's programs.

GO Bears!!!