Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Men's Basketball
Reload this Page Sports Bars Near Oracle Arena
Notices

(#1) Old
Loyal Bear

Sports Bars Near Oracle Arena - 03-14-2012, 12:00 PM

I have tix to Warriors v Boston tonight, but I must watch my Bears first. Thinking of watching Bears somewhere near Oracle so I miss as little of W's game as possible. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
  (#2) Old
Loyal Bear

03-14-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOCAL73 View Post
I have tix to Warriors v Boston tonight, but I must watch my Bears first. Thinking of watching Bears somewhere near Oracle so I miss as little of W's game as possible. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
The last time I was at a Warriors game it was at a suite from one of my employer's board members. We got to watch all sorts of stuff including college basketball games.

It also depends on where your tickets are. If you're in the lower level you should have access to the club areas, and they have plenty of TVs showing pretty much everything. There are going to be lots of TVs all along the concourse, although I don't know if they'll be showing the game.

I'd say just get in early if you can. The doors open 90 minutes before game time, and you should be able to find the Cal-USF game showing on some TV somewhere.

Other than that, there are several hotels on Hegenberger that have bars and TVs.
  (#3) Old
Active Bear

03-14-2012, 12:40 PM

dunno if this is close enough for ya...

http://www.rickys.com/
  (#4) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

03-14-2012, 12:43 PM

Yeah, you should be able to find one of the bars/restaurants in the arena showing the game. Can't imagine they wouldn't have an NCAA Tournament game (particularly involving a local team) on one of the TVs.
  (#5) Old
Loyal Bear

03-14-2012, 12:59 PM

On Hegenberger, you can go to the Diamond Sports Bar at the Holiday Inn or the sports bar inside the Hilton or Hyatt right down by the entrance to the Oakland Airport.... I would think they would have the game on .... the Diamond Sports Bar isn't too big but it will work.

Good Luck .... GO BEARS!!!!!!!!