Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Women's Basketball
Reload this Page Northernwestern game is on 9am PT??
Notices

(#1) Old
Golden Bear

Northernwestern game is on 9am PT?? - 12-10-2012, 11:00 AM

Why the heck is the game starting on a Monday at 9am PT (or 11CT)? I thought it was for TV purpose but it is not even listed on TV. 9am PT is ridiculous.
  (#2) Old
Loyal Bear

You should be thinking of the Northwestern fans. - 12-10-2012, 12:00 PM

This is a standard starting time back East for the first games of the day in football and college basketball.
  (#3) Old
Golden Bear

12-10-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvitbear View Post
This is a standard starting time back East for the first games of the day in football and college basketball.
Not sure what you mean. It's a Monday and football season is over except for bowl games. Looking at all previous games played only 1 other game at 11ct and the others all after 11am.
  (#4) Old
Loyal Bear

Got me then - 12-10-2012, 04:30 PM

They could be on winter break so it doesn't matter. Or maybe Cal basketball is scheduling the game . Like our originally scheduled St. Mary's game.
  (#5) Old
Real Bear

Northwestern's "Field Trip Day" - 12-10-2012, 06:02 PM

This is a special promotion by Northwestern for Chicago-area public schools, similar to one that we were trying to schedule for our St. Mary's game. I'm sure Gottlieb and the staff will thoroughly embrace this game as a dress rehearsal for the type of similarly inconvenient start times that we may face come NCAA tournament time.
  (#6) Old
Golden Bear

12-10-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneBear View Post
This is a special promotion by Northwestern for Chicago-area public schools, similar to one that we were trying to schedule for our St. Mary's game. I'm sure Gottlieb and the staff will thoroughly embrace this game as a dress rehearsal for the type of similarly inconvenient start times that we may face come NCAA tournament time.
Thanks. I actually heard it on the coaches corner tonight. Coach G mentioned it being for the school kids! Looks like they need it..their avg attendance for 6 games is 632.
  (#7) Old
Real Bear

12-12-2012, 06:13 PM

Well, I'm taking the day off work and making the drive to Evanston with my daughter (2 1/2 hours each way). There will be others there from the Cal Alumni Club of Chicago.
(Actually, I'm doing a conference call after the game. It was scheduled for tipoff and I had it moved till later).
  (#8) Old
Loyal Bear

Where are you driving from - 12-12-2012, 07:39 PM

My son lives in Chicago about 3 and 1/2 blocks from Wrigley Field. So Evanston isn't too far. He works and won't be able to go. But he will see a game here when he comes home for Christmas.
  (#9) Old
Real Bear

12-13-2012, 04:02 AM

We're in Champaign. But have come up for Cal events in Chicago on several occasions. I drove to Dayton last Spring for that thing the men's team did. Drove to Columbus for that football game. Skipped Madison this year.
  (#10) Old
Loyal Bear

My nephew and sister graduated from University of Illinois - 12-13-2012, 05:21 AM

and they now live in Mattoon Ill. I'm not from Illinois but I have a lot of contact points. So from Mattoon up, I know the area pretty well.