Chat Room [1]
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Men's Basketball
Reload this Page New respect for Pitino and Boeheim
Notices

(#1) Old
Real Bear

New respect for Pitino and Boeheim - 12-21-2012, 03:20 PM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...cYw9f1Uash1LJp

I am glad that both are acting as good role models for their players and for other young people. No need for all the mad weaponry on the streets snuffing out the lives of our young people. I wonder where Monty and Dykes stand on one of the most important social and health issue of our times.
  (#2) Old
Golden Bear

12-21-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenplay View Post
I am glad that both are acting as good role models for their players and for other young people. No need for all the mad weaponry on the streets snuffing out the lives of our young people.
Sounds like Patino would like to go a lot further than that. Do we really wan't to go there on this board?
  (#3) Old
Loyal Bear

12-21-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civil Bear View Post
Sounds like Patino would like to go a lot further than that. Do we really wan't to go there on this board?
I say we do not. This is about Cal Bear men's hoops.

We have seen previously that we come from widely varying political positions.

Let's stick to b-ball.

Go Bears!
  (#4) Old
Real Bear

12-21-2012, 08:38 PM

Well, the topic is basketball related. And it's getting boring reading about our coulda-shoulda ex-recruits and TR's weird rantings. So are we getting excited about playing Prairie View?
  (#5) Old
Loyal Bear

12-21-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenplay View Post
Well, the topic is basketball related. And it's getting boring reading about our coulda-shoulda ex-recruits and TR's weird rantings. So are we getting excited about playing Prairie View?
Excited may be too strong. There is learning for the team to be accomplished in every game, as keeping its collective foot on the accelerator against a weaker opponent, working different combos, looking at players who might show to be ready to expand the rotation, actually making free throws in a real game, and so on.

As for politics (having taught poli sci for a number of years), my impression is that one's politics remain intractable in the face of well reasoned, but conflicting views. So polemical discussions are generally just hot air.

Go Bears!
  (#6) Old
Loyal Bear

12-22-2012, 05:16 AM

Question: What do Rick Pitino and Borris Becker have in common?
  (#7) Old
Loyal Bear

12-22-2012, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concordtom View Post
Question: What do Rick Pitino and Borris Becker have in common?
I haven't the foggiest.

Do tell!
  (#8) Old
Active Bear

12-23-2012, 06:12 AM

They're both all about the chocolate love or both keen on closets for more than storage?
  (#9) Old
Loyal Bear

12-23-2012, 07:29 AM

Pregnant girls scandals.
Becker was so honey he saw a girl at a public restaurant and banged her in a closet. She got pregnant.
Pitino had a similar pay for abortion story.

I can grab those links in a bit....
  (#10) Old
Loyal Bear

Becker - 12-23-2012, 07:48 AM

He has previously described it as "not an affair" and "just poom-bah-boom". But last night Boris Becker gave the most graphic account yet of how he became a father for the third time following his celebrated brief encounter with a waitress in the broom cupboard of a London restaurant.
In the first instalment of his new autobiography, Hold On, Stay a While, Becker revealed that he had sex with the waitress, Angela Ermakova, only hours after his pregnant then wife, Barbara, had gone into hospital with contractions. While Mrs Becker was being treated, the former Wimbledon tennis champion consoled himself with a couple of beers. He then repaired to the bar of the trendy Nobu restaurant in London.

It was then that Becker met Ms Ermakova. After five minutes of "small talk" he followed her into the "darkest corner" of the restaurant - which turned out to be the broom cupboard - and "got down to business".

"What drove me out into the night again I don't know," Boris writes. Afterwards, "she went back to her friends", and after another beer, Becker went back to his hotel.

"The following morning I drove to Barbara. We packed our 28 tennis bags and suitcases and left England."

Becker, whose autobiography is published next week, claims that he thought nothing more of the encounter until a fax arrived eight months later at his office in Munich. The fax, from Ms Ermakova, bluntly announced that he was about to become a father.

Last edited by concordtom; 12-23-2012 at 07:58 AM.
  (#11) Old
Loyal Bear

Pitino - 12-23-2012, 07:56 AM

Heís among the most successful and charismatic people in the Western World, but Iím not sure success and charisma will save Rick Pitino. This isnít He Said/She Said. This is He Admitted To Police, which is an altogether different thing. And here, according to Andrew Wolfson of the Courier-Journal, is what the Louisville basketball coach has said he did:

ē Met a woman in a restaurant and, after the establishment had closed its doors, had sex with the woman while an assistant was within earshot.

ē Gave the woman $3,000 to have an abortion after she informed him she was pregnant.

ē Met with the woman at the condominium of the teamís equipment manager, who would subsequently marry the woman.
  (#12) Old
Loyal Bear

12-23-2012, 08:05 AM

And I had always heard that the Marina Safeway was the #1 pickup joint.
(Ba dum Ching.)

Moreover, Steve Miller had apparently just shopped there before writing the lyrics, "Really love your peaches want to shake your tree."

No word yet on where Steven Tyler was when Love In An Elevator was "conceived".

...Thank you, you've been a great audience tonight.
  (#13) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

12-23-2012, 08:09 AM

Lol. I really miss the Marina Safeway....
  (#14) Old
Loyal Bear

12-23-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by south bender View Post
I haven't the foggiest.

Do tell!
ANSWER:
Sex with with a stranger in a restaurant one time and gets pregnant.

Which leads to the follow up question, how many one time encounters did these guys actually have in order win the prize in these known encounters?

Which leads to the follow up question, are there going to be any decent men left out there for my daughters? Cause if they ever cheat on my girls like this, bushmaster here I come.

Which leads to the follow up question, what is Pitino doing still successfully recruiting at Louisville? Who is sending their boys to be mentored by this scumbag? More scum, I can only conclude. Scum begets scum.

See, it all came full circle (smile)