Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Football
Reload this Page Totally Outcoached
Notices
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#31) Old
Pitch Black Pitch Black is offline
New Bear
 
Posts: 51
Join Date: Dec 2010
too funny - 12-24-2012, 11:35 AM

Excuses, excuses, excuses you homers...

Hairball was clearly OUTCOACHED by stinky Pete.

The forty-whiners were exposed in so many areas. The Seahawks punched them right in the mouth and the whiners just stood there bleeding.
Reply With Quote
  (#32) Old
Bearacious Bearacious is offline
Real Bear
 
Bearacious's Avatar
 
Posts: 692
Join Date: Jul 2008
12-24-2012, 12:12 PM

And Marshawn ran right over the Hairballs.....


'Been a Bear So Long...'
Reply With Quote
  (#33) Old
dinan3 dinan3 is offline
Real Bear
 
dinan3's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,554
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hey Cal fans.......... - 12-24-2012, 12:23 PM

Read an article today re Pete's coaching with the Seahawks. It spoke about how his model has competition at all positions - some players thrive, others don't.

Sounds like SD's model which is coming our way...........

Just say'ng
Reply With Quote
  (#34) Old
Phantomfan Phantomfan is offline
True Blue Golden Bear
 
Phantomfan's Avatar
 
Posts: 13,678
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
12-24-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitties View Post
Think it's pretty clear the Kaep showed why he's not a good as the bandwagon says he is.... how his mechanics broke down as he played his street ball.

The worst of it was throwing late into coverage really hanging Manningham & Davis out to dry.

Way to go.
Seems like "street ball" is the new "athletic"
Reply With Quote
  (#35) Old
Phantomfan Phantomfan is offline
True Blue Golden Bear
 
Phantomfan's Avatar
 
Posts: 13,678
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
12-24-2012, 01:16 PM

Watching that game:

Only a matter of time before the NCAA comes down on the seahawks...

Whats YOUR deal
Reply With Quote
  (#36) Old
Phantomfan Phantomfan is offline
True Blue Golden Bear
 
Phantomfan's Avatar
 
Posts: 13,678
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
12-24-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycasey View Post
How did the plays where Manningham and Davis got hurt hang them out to dry? Just because a guy got hurt on a play doesn't mean the QB made a bad throw. The throw to Davis was on the numbers and right against the sidelines. The Seattle safety made a great play to get over there and hit him, but he wasn't "hung out to dry." Manningham was hurt while fighting for extra yardage, not blown up trying to leap for a pass -- why would you blame Kaepernick for that?

There are not a lot of QBs who are going to look good while down by 3 TDs. The offense becomes one-dimensional and the defense brings a fierce pass rush on every play. I'm very doubtful that Alex Smith would have looked any better in the same situation. The game was over once the Seahawks returned a blocked field goal for a TD.

I think it's fair to criticize Kaepernick for being (relatively) slow to read defenses at this stage in his career and for also being bad at minding the play clock (though it's hard to say how much of that is on the offensive coaches). These criticisms are, IMO, not especially fair.
During the post game they were chatting about how both QBs were having trouble hearing the call come in. The also spoke about how late the calls were coming in on the 9ers side.
Reply With Quote
  (#37) Old
mitties mitties is offline
Real Bear
 
Posts: 960
Join Date: Jul 2008
12-24-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomfan View Post
Seems like "street ball" is the new "athletic"
Thats fair.
Reply With Quote
  (#38) Old
Golden One Golden One is offline
Loyal Bear
 
Posts: 4,187
Join Date: Jul 2008
12-24-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycasey View Post
Okay, so maybe it's not ridiculous but it is largely meaningless. Teams can play poorly in a single game without it having anything to do with the head coach.
I don't think so. The Niners were flat last night on both offense and defense, and special teams play was not great. The coaching staff has to bear the majority of the blame when that happens. They just didn't look like they were ready to play. Perhaps they just got complacent after the victory over New England. If that's the case, they now know that they're not so good that they can just go through the motions and win against good teams. That's a good lesson to take into the playoffs.
Reply With Quote
  (#39) Old
Golden One Golden One is offline
Loyal Bear
 
Posts: 4,187
Join Date: Jul 2008
12-24-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommie317 View Post
Harbaugh is 5-2 vs Pete
I think we know who usually outcoaches who
True, but that just wasn't the case last night. That one goes to Pete.
Reply With Quote
  (#40) Old
sycasey sycasey is offline
True Blue Golden Bear
 
sycasey's Avatar
 
Posts: 11,492
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oakland
12-24-2012, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden One View Post
I don't think so. The Niners were flat last night on both offense and defense, and special teams play was not great. The coaching staff has to bear the majority of the blame when that happens. They just didn't look like they were ready to play. Perhaps they just got complacent after the victory over New England. If that's the case, they now know that they're not so good that they can just go through the motions and win against good teams. That's a good lesson to take into the playoffs.
Nearly every NFL team will look flat at least a couple of times a year. Again, I don't think it's attributable to coaching. No team can come out with their hair on fire every single week. It's just that the best coaches have it happen less often.
Reply With Quote
  (#41) Old
Cal Insider Cal Insider is offline
All-American Bear
 
Cal Insider's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,328
Join Date: Jul 2008
12-24-2012, 10:18 PM

Richard Sherman(former Stanfordite) asked Pete to go for 2 point conversion like harbaugh did to Pete....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--mo...103723151.html
Reply With Quote
  (#42) Old
tabear82 tabear82 is offline
Active Bear
 
Posts: 292
Join Date: Jul 2008
12-24-2012, 11:05 PM

hairball is intense but he's an idiot, and his press conference today was a great example of that
Reply With Quote
  (#43) Old
BarcaBear BarcaBear is offline
Active Bear
 
BarcaBear's Avatar
 
Posts: 184
Join Date: Jun 2009
12-25-2012, 02:39 AM

friend put it best, "Niners are offically exposed. They can't beat teams with physical defenses and a power running back. Rams jackson, Seahawks lynch, NY bradshaw, Minnesota Peterson."

can't stand either coach, and not really sure which one I hate more.
either way, Carroll didn't outcoach Harbaugh. he just has the personnel that the niners can't match up with, not sure how much a coach can do to offset that. not sure how much of that you can really attribute to coaching prowess, either.

Last edited by BarcaBear; 12-25-2012 at 02:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  (#44) Old
Cal_Fan2 Cal_Fan2 is offline
True Blue Golden Bear
 
Cal_Fan2's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,581
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: East Bay, Ca...
12-25-2012, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcaBear View Post
friend put it best, "Niners are offically exposed. They can't beat teams with physical defenses and a power running back. Rams jackson, Seahawks lynch, NY bradshaw, Minnesota Peterson."

can't stand either coach, and not really sure which one I hate more.
either way, Carroll didn't outcoach Harbaugh. he just has the personnel that the niners can't match up with, not sure how much a coach can do to offset that. not sure how much of that you can really attribute to coaching prowess, either.
I somewhat agree with you but we lost to Minnesota because they completed most of their short passes for tons of yards and Alex Smith didn't play nearly as well, especially against NY with 3 interceptions. Against that power run, the 49ers actually played well. Adrian Peterson only got 86 yards and in the last Ram game they lost, Jackson only rushed for 48 with 86 total rushing yards for the team. That game was blown by Kapernick not completing 3rd downs and the turnover on the lousy pitch play. 49ers secondary has been more vulnerable than their rushing defense. Also, don't discount the loss of Justin Smith who pretty much is the QB of the defense. Opponents scored 180 points against Niners in 13 games.....after he was injured, the Niners have given up 60 points (1/3 of their total in 13 games) in just 6 quarters.

Last edited by Cal_Fan2; 12-25-2012 at 07:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  (#45) Old
sycasey sycasey is offline
True Blue Golden Bear
 
sycasey's Avatar
 
Posts: 11,492
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oakland
12-25-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal_Fan2 View Post
I somewhat agree with you but we lost to Minnesota because they completed most of their short passes for tons of yards and Alex Smith didn't play nearly as well, especially against NY with 3 interceptions. Against that power run, the 49ers actually played well. Adrian Peterson only got 86 yards and in the last Ram game they lost, Jackson only rushed for 48 with 86 total rushing yards for the team. That game was blown by Kapernick not completing 3rd downs and the turnover on the lousy pitch play. 49ers secondary has been more vulnerable than their rushing defense. Also, don't discount the loss of Justin Smith who pretty much is the QB of the defense. Opponents scored 180 points against Niners in 13 games.....after he was injured, the Niners have given up 60 points (1/3 of their total in 13 games) in just 6 quarters.
And the 49ers did beat the Seahawks earlier this season and shut down their offense pretty well.

The comment about the 49ers doing poorly against power rushing attacks is flat wrong. (And how is Ahmad Bradshaw a power back? Up until this season he was typically replaced by Brandon Jacobs for short yardage plays.) The 49ers defense has generally been at their best against the run. If anything they are more often exposed against teams that can protect a QB who has great accuracy (Eli Manning, Tom Brady). The first Rams game was a weird outlier, and in the second game the Rams didn't muster much offense -- mostly they won because the Niners offense sputtered and had a bizarre turnover at the worst time.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Ad Management by RedTyger