Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Football
Reload this Page OT: Harbaugh's press conference
Notices

(#1) Old
Loyal Bear

OT: Harbaugh's press conference - 12-25-2012, 10:33 PM

Anybody hear Harbaugh's press conference the day after the Seattle game? Geez, he was really in his "full douche" mode. Some of his stuff actually amuses me, but, man, there's no excuse for the way he was this time. (Dude, you're upset about the loss from the previous day. We GET it. Now be a man, do your job and represent your team to the media.) He'd better keep winning, because otherwise that kind of behavior is going to come back and bite him in the ass.

A favorite Cal moment: As time was running out the year we beat them down there (the Shane Vereen/Mikey Mo INT game), pretty much our whole section chanting, "Harbaugh, what's your deal?".
  (#2) Old
Real Bear

12-26-2012, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C_Cal View Post
Anybody hear Harbaugh's press conference the day after the Seattle game? Geez, he was really in his "full douche" mode. Some of his stuff actually amuses me, but, man, there's no excuse for the way he was this time. (Dude, you're upset about the loss from the previous day. We GET it. Now be a man, do your job and represent your team to the media.) He'd better keep winning, because otherwise that kind of behavior is going to come back and bite him in the ass.

A favorite Cal moment: As time was running out the year we beat them down there (the Shane Vereen/Mikey Mo INT game), pretty much our whole section chanting, "Harbaugh, what's your deal?".
I can only imagine. As a 9ers fan and harbaugh hatter, id love a link if you have one. Plenty of hairball jockeys on this board would too I'm sure.

Go Bears!
  (#3) Old
Real Bear

12-26-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C_Cal View Post
...there's no excuse for the way he was this time. ...
So, where does it "say" that a coach has to act in a certain way at a press conference?
  (#4) Old
Golden Bear

Location: Black roof country no gold pavements tired starlings
12-26-2012, 10:14 AM

There have always been certain people whose personalities I enjoy more when they are losing than when they are winning. Hairball is one of those people.
  (#5) Old
Loyal Bear

12-26-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manus View Post
So, where does it "say" that a coach has to act in a certain way at a press conference?
It doesn't "say", but you weren't born yesterday to know how the game is played, were you?
  (#6) Old
Active Bear

12-26-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
In Harbaugh's line of work, its part of the culture, and is commonly called "being a good sport."

In regular life outside of sports, its called being a decent human being/good citizen/good samaritan.
  (#7) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

12-26-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearister View Post
There have always been certain people whose personalities I enjoy more when they are losing than when they are winning. Hairball is one of those people.
I say Harbaugh seems to be immature (and it comes out when losing).

Carroll just talks like he's ADHD. I don't think I've ever seen him complete a sentence.
  (#8) Old
Loyal Bear

12-26-2012, 12:28 PM

Carroll has the signs of ADHD...or he smoked one too many joints while surfing.

Harbaugh seems to be the punky 2nd brother-middle child-trouble maker-instigator. So yeah he probably did flip off the Seahawks and lied about it. If this photo doesn't say lippy wisenheimer with attitude problem, I don't know what does.

(#9) Old
Real Bear

12-26-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concordtom View Post
It doesn't "say", but you weren't born yesterday to know how the game is played, were you?
The "game" always has "room" for the Harbaugh's, the Bobby Knight's, the George Patton's, the Barney Frank's...of the world. Makes life a lot more interesting, ...a lot less vanilla.
  (#10) Old
Loyal Bear

12-26-2012, 12:33 PM

He seems to have many of the personality traits of a classic sociopath.
  (#11) Old
Loyal Bear

12-26-2012, 02:43 PM

I prefer harbaugh's "i'm pisssed" attitude than Tedford's "I have no idea what happened" attitude
  (#12) Old
Loyal Bear

12-26-2012, 02:51 PM

Well, he may have been pissed during the news conference, but he look confused if anything during the game.
  (#13) Old
Loyal Bear

12-26-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommie317 View Post
I prefer harbaugh's "i'm pisssed" attitude than Tedford's "I have no idea what happened" attitude
Wow, me too!!! They are all quirky dudes. They are hard on themselves. Look at Chip Kelly. He is such a sarcastic smart ass. Answers a question with a question, acts aloof, or does not answer it at all. Comes with the territory. Playoffs??? you're talking playoffs????? , PLayoffs???? Good ol' Mora said it best!!!!
  (#14) Old
Golden Bear

Location: Black roof country no gold pavements tired starlings
12-26-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
The "game" always has "room" for the Harbaugh's, the Bobby Knight's, the George Patton's, the Barney Frank's...of the world. Makes life a lot more interesting, ...a lot less vanilla.
Plenty of room for guys like that when they are winning since success is such a great deodorant. When the losses start piling up--not so much.
  (#15) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

12-26-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearister View Post
Plenty of room for guys like that when they are winning since success is such a great deodorant. When the losses start piling up--not so much.
When the losses pile up nobody gives a crap about a nice personality either.