Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Football
Reload this Page OT: Harbaugh's press conference
Notices
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1) Old
Big C_Cal Big C_Cal is offline
Loyal Bear
 
Posts: 3,470
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bay Area
OT: Harbaugh's press conference - 12-25-2012, 10:33 PM

Anybody hear Harbaugh's press conference the day after the Seattle game? Geez, he was really in his "full douche" mode. Some of his stuff actually amuses me, but, man, there's no excuse for the way he was this time. (Dude, you're upset about the loss from the previous day. We GET it. Now be a man, do your job and represent your team to the media.) He'd better keep winning, because otherwise that kind of behavior is going to come back and bite him in the ass.

A favorite Cal moment: As time was running out the year we beat them down there (the Shane Vereen/Mikey Mo INT game), pretty much our whole section chanting, "Harbaugh, what's your deal?".
Reply With Quote
  (#2) Old
CalBearsRoll CalBearsRoll is offline
Real Bear
 
CalBearsRoll's Avatar
 
Posts: 684
Join Date: Jul 2008
12-26-2012, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C_Cal View Post
Anybody hear Harbaugh's press conference the day after the Seattle game? Geez, he was really in his "full douche" mode. Some of his stuff actually amuses me, but, man, there's no excuse for the way he was this time. (Dude, you're upset about the loss from the previous day. We GET it. Now be a man, do your job and represent your team to the media.) He'd better keep winning, because otherwise that kind of behavior is going to come back and bite him in the ass.

A favorite Cal moment: As time was running out the year we beat them down there (the Shane Vereen/Mikey Mo INT game), pretty much our whole section chanting, "Harbaugh, what's your deal?".
I can only imagine. As a 9ers fan and harbaugh hatter, id love a link if you have one. Plenty of hairball jockeys on this board would too I'm sure.

Go Bears!
Reply With Quote
  (#3) Old
manus manus is online now
Real Bear
 
manus's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,272
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Near the Lassen Trail
12-26-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C_Cal View Post
...there's no excuse for the way he was this time. ...
So, where does it "say" that a coach has to act in a certain way at a press conference?
Reply With Quote
  (#4) Old
bearister bearister is offline
Golden Bear
 
bearister's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,498
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Black roof country no gold pavements tired starlings
12-26-2012, 10:14 AM

There have always been certain people whose personalities I enjoy more when they are losing than when they are winning. Hairball is one of those people.
Reply With Quote
  (#5) Old
concordtom concordtom is offline
Loyal Bear
 
Posts: 3,071
Join Date: Jan 2009
12-26-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manus View Post
So, where does it "say" that a coach has to act in a certain way at a press conference?
It doesn't "say", but you weren't born yesterday to know how the game is played, were you?
Reply With Quote
  (#6) Old
Etchebeary Etchebeary is offline
Active Bear
 
Etchebeary's Avatar
 
Posts: 419
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: UK
12-26-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manus View Post
So, where does it "say" that a coach has to act in a certain way at a press conference?
In Harbaugh's line of work, its part of the culture, and is commonly called "being a good sport."

In regular life outside of sports, its called being a decent human being/good citizen/good samaritan.
Reply With Quote
  (#7) Old
KoreAmBear KoreAmBear is offline
True Blue Golden Bear
 
KoreAmBear's Avatar
 
Posts: 22,123
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Somewhere along the Ko`olau Summit Trail
12-26-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearister View Post
There have always been certain people whose personalities I enjoy more when they are losing than when they are winning. Hairball is one of those people.
I say Harbaugh seems to be immature (and it comes out when losing).

Carroll just talks like he's ADHD. I don't think I've ever seen him complete a sentence.
Reply With Quote
  (#8) Old
beelzebear beelzebear is online now
Loyal Bear
 
beelzebear's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,071
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oaktown
12-26-2012, 12:28 PM

Carroll has the signs of ADHD...or he smoked one too many joints while surfing.

Harbaugh seems to be the punky 2nd brother-middle child-trouble maker-instigator. So yeah he probably did flip off the Seahawks and lied about it. If this photo doesn't say lippy wisenheimer with attitude problem, I don't know what does.

Reply With Quote
  (#9) Old
manus manus is online now
Real Bear
 
manus's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,272
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Near the Lassen Trail
12-26-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concordtom View Post
It doesn't "say", but you weren't born yesterday to know how the game is played, were you?
The "game" always has "room" for the Harbaugh's, the Bobby Knight's, the George Patton's, the Barney Frank's...of the world. Makes life a lot more interesting, ...a lot less vanilla.
Reply With Quote
  (#10) Old
Calcoholic Calcoholic is offline
Loyal Bear
 
Calcoholic's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,977
Join Date: Jul 2008
12-26-2012, 12:33 PM

He seems to have many of the personality traits of a classic sociopath.
Reply With Quote
  (#11) Old
tommie317 tommie317 is offline
Loyal Bear
 
Posts: 4,421
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Richmond
12-26-2012, 02:43 PM

I prefer harbaugh's "i'm pisssed" attitude than Tedford's "I have no idea what happened" attitude
Reply With Quote
  (#12) Old
JerseyBear JerseyBear is offline
Loyal Bear
 
Posts: 2,679
Join Date: Jul 2008
12-26-2012, 02:51 PM

Well, he may have been pissed during the news conference, but he look confused if anything during the game.
Reply With Quote
  (#13) Old
davetdds davetdds is offline
Loyal Bear
 
davetdds's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,728
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Alameda, CA
12-26-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommie317 View Post
I prefer harbaugh's "i'm pisssed" attitude than Tedford's "I have no idea what happened" attitude
Wow, me too!!! They are all quirky dudes. They are hard on themselves. Look at Chip Kelly. He is such a sarcastic smart ass. Answers a question with a question, acts aloof, or does not answer it at all. Comes with the territory. Playoffs??? you're talking playoffs????? , PLayoffs???? Good ol' Mora said it best!!!!
Reply With Quote
  (#14) Old
bearister bearister is offline
Golden Bear
 
bearister's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,498
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Black roof country no gold pavements tired starlings
12-26-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manus View Post
The "game" always has "room" for the Harbaugh's, the Bobby Knight's, the George Patton's, the Barney Frank's...of the world. Makes life a lot more interesting, ...a lot less vanilla.
Plenty of room for guys like that when they are winning since success is such a great deodorant. When the losses start piling up--not so much.
Reply With Quote
  (#15) Old
sycasey sycasey is online now
True Blue Golden Bear
 
sycasey's Avatar
 
Posts: 11,508
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oakland
12-26-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearister View Post
Plenty of room for guys like that when they are winning since success is such a great deodorant. When the losses start piling up--not so much.
When the losses pile up nobody gives a crap about a nice personality either.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Ad Management by RedTyger