Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Football
Reload this Page Watching Cal vs Nevada in Oahu
Notices

(#1) Old
New Bear

Watching Cal vs Nevada in Oahu - 09-12-2010, 10:15 PM

We just arrived in Ko Olina today for a week...and we don't have ESPN2 at our timeshare. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to go to watch the game? We booked this trip when we thought this was going to be a bye week...oh well.

Thanks

Steve
  (#2) Old
Real Bear

09-12-2010, 10:19 PM

Well I believe you will be able to watch it on ESPN3.com since it is an ESPN friday night game.
  (#3) Old
Loyal Bear

09-12-2010, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalBerry View Post
We just arrived in Ko Olina today for a week...and we don't have ESPN2 at our timeshare. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to go to watch the game? We booked this trip when we thought this was going to be a bye week...oh well.

Thanks

Steve
Last year -- I was on Oahu for the U$C game .... wasn't happy I was GOING to miss the game, but kinda glad I did after what happened. I was there for a convention/conference so it was entirely work related that I was there (wink, wink). That said, while I was there, KoreAmBear posted a meeting spot somewhere in Honolulu so I am sure he may post a get-together for Bear fans again. There are several sports bars in the Hawaii area but I apologize, I do not remember the name of the one that I watched the U$C debacle with other Cal fans.
  (#4) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

09-12-2010, 10:48 PM

Cal Berry - PM me. We'll be having a gathering. Probably in downtown so I don't know if you want to rearrange your schedule to come out from Ko Olina.
  (#5) Old
Loyal Bear

09-12-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
Cal Berry - PM me. We'll be having a gathering. Probably in downtown so I don't know if you want to rearrange your schedule to come out from Ko Olina.
See -- right on cue.... I was in Ko Olina last year, it isn't that far and you will enjoy watching with other Cal fans. I wish I could be there .. but I will be in Reno (heh heh)
  (#6) Old
New Bear

09-12-2010, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgldnbear View Post
See -- right on cue.... I was in Ko Olina last year, it isn't that far and you will enjoy watching with other Cal fans. I wish I could be there .. but I will be in Reno (heh heh)
LOL...good call!

From where we live, Reno is closer than Berkeley. So our one chance to have a shorter drive and we are in Hawaii...go figure.

Steve
  (#7) Old
New Bear

09-13-2010, 12:58 PM

There's a Buffalo Wild Wings in Waikiki, but not sure if you want to hang out with the tourists. I haven't been to that location but they should have an impressive number of TVs with pretty much any sport on the air.