Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Olympic Sports
Reload this Page Bears headed to Omaha
Notices

(#16) Old
Real Bear

06-12-2011, 10:42 PM

On the way home from a magical night at the yard.
Get those flights booked to Omaha Bear fans. The CWS is an event not to be missed.
Especially when the Bears will be there!
So proud of our program and all it's amazing supporters.
This has to be a springboard for Cal baseball going forward. UC must make an investment in the programs future. College baseball is a great game and if we do just a few things to improve Evans we can do this more often.
What a night and what a story this team is!
Go Bears
  (#17) Old
Active Bear

06-12-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calloy View Post
On to Omaha!!!!

Hope to see CalGreg, Barrabas, Hintite, DFENS, Shroeder71, OsoDorado, Hal9000 and the rest of the boys there supporting our BEAR team led by one great coach

GO BEARS!
Just got back, yes I was there, stuck around to congratulate the team and Esquer for shoving it in everybody's face. Calloy, LOL, yeah with their faux Cal fanaticism. MORONS!
  (#18) Old
Active Bear

06-12-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearbaseballbacker View Post
Just got back, yes I was there, stuck around to congratulate the team and Esquer for shoving it in everybody's face. Calloy, LOL, yeah with their faux Cal fanaticism. MORONS!
Yeah, I saw you there. You were the guy that brought towels to Esquer after his Gatorade bath then loaded his bags on the bus. Way to sac up.
  (#19) Old
Active Bear

06-12-2011, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedfordsBears View Post
On the way home from a magical night at the yard.
Get those flights booked to Omaha Bear fans. The CWS is an event not to be missed.
Especially when the Bears will be there!
So proud of our program and all it's amazing supporters.
This has to be a springboard for Cal baseball going forward. UC must make an investment in the programs future. College baseball is a great game and if we do just a few things to improve Evans we can do this more often.
What a night and what a story this team is!
Go Bears
We absolutely need to take advantage of this run - 2 recruiting classes have been hurt (2011/2012 in a significant way) - we need to pull one out of the hat for 2012-2013 (kids start signing in 4-5 months) - with that I'd use the national coverage to announce our baseball plan and vision.

What we experienced this weekend can happen during the year at EVANS - treat this program like a minor league team and come up with great promotions / programs involving students, alumni and their children - the SEC shouldn't have a monopoly on this experience - we are better than that
  (#20) Old
Loyal Bear

06-12-2011, 11:14 PM

So, I'm guessing we don't play VA or UCI until late in the week, or on the weekend?

The University of California - One of the finest universities in the world, is the oldest public university in our great state with origins dating back to 1855, and university status granted in 1868. Go Bears!
  (#21) Old
Active Bear

06-12-2011, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hintite View Post
Yeah, I saw you there. You were the guy that brought towels to Esquer after his Gatorade bath then loaded his bags on the bus. Way to sac up.
Now now Hintite - could the anger stem from the realization of just how wrong you've been....hmmmm......its OK to admit your wrong.....liberating in fact
  (#22) Old
Active Bear

06-12-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Now now Hintite - could the anger stem from the realization of just how wrong you've been....hmmmm......its OK to admit your wrong.....liberating in fact
About what?
  (#23) Old
Staff Writer

06-13-2011, 01:44 AM

Game report, with quotes and photos: http://www.bearinsider.com/news/story.php?article=1402

Got the flight booked for Omaha. Can't wait...

(#24) Old
Real Bear

06-13-2011, 05:55 AM

Dog pile for the super regional?
  (#25) Old
Active Bear

06-13-2011, 06:07 AM

Quote:

You and the rest of your crew can go kick yourselfs, maybe give your dogs a break tonight. I know it must be hard not to able to come on here and post negative comments about Esquer.
  (#26) Old
Active Bear

06-13-2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearbaseballbacker View Post

You and the rest of your crew can go kick yourselfs, maybe give your dogs a break tonight. I know it must be hard not to able to come on here and post negative comments about Esquer.
Not at all. I just enjoy tweaking sycophantic blowhards and this board is a target rich environment.
  (#27) Old
Active Bear

06-13-2011, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Not at all. I just enjoy tweaking sycophantic blowhards and this board is a target rich environment.
Read what you wrote and come up with an apt description for your obsession

OUCH
  (#28) Old
Active Bear

06-13-2011, 08:03 AM

Quote:
On to Omaha!!!!

Hope to see CalGreg, Barrabas, Hintite, DFENS, Shroeder71, OsoDorado, Hal9000 and the rest of the boys there supporting our BEAR team led by one great coach

GO BEARS!
Quote:
Read what you wrote and come up with an apt description for your obsession

OUCH
Obsession?
  (#29) Old
no bear

06-13-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:
On to Omaha!!!!

GO BEARS!
Sorry, will have to support on TV.

Hopefully an extension for Esquer is around the corner.
  (#30) Old
Golden Bear

06-13-2011, 08:41 AM

Anyone knows if Justin Jones out of the series? He definitely would be missed as a starter or as a long reliever as he did in the regionals.