Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Olympic Sports
Reload this Page Bears headed to Omaha
Notices
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#16) Old
GoldenBear1 GoldenBear1 is online now
Real Bear
 
Posts: 1,590
Join Date: Jul 2008
06-12-2011, 10:42 PM

On the way home from a magical night at the yard.
Get those flights booked to Omaha Bear fans. The CWS is an event not to be missed.
Especially when the Bears will be there!
So proud of our program and all it's amazing supporters.
This has to be a springboard for Cal baseball going forward. UC must make an investment in the programs future. College baseball is a great game and if we do just a few things to improve Evans we can do this more often.
What a night and what a story this team is!
Go Bears
Reply With Quote
  (#17) Old
Bearbaseballbacker Bearbaseballbacker is offline
Active Bear
 
Posts: 362
Join Date: May 2009
06-12-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calloy View Post
On to Omaha!!!!

Hope to see CalGreg, Barrabas, Hintite, DFENS, Shroeder71, OsoDorado, Hal9000 and the rest of the boys there supporting our BEAR team led by one great coach


GO BEARS!
Just got back, yes I was there, stuck around to congratulate the team and Esquer for shoving it in everybody's face. Calloy, LOL, yeah with their faux Cal fanaticism. MORONS!
Reply With Quote
  (#18) Old
Hintite Hintite is offline
Active Bear
 
Posts: 120
Join Date: Jul 2009
06-12-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearbaseballbacker View Post
Just got back, yes I was there, stuck around to congratulate the team and Esquer for shoving it in everybody's face. Calloy, LOL, yeah with their faux Cal fanaticism. MORONS!
Yeah, I saw you there. You were the guy that brought towels to Esquer after his Gatorade bath then loaded his bags on the bus. Way to sac up.
Reply With Quote
  (#19) Old
Calloy Calloy is offline
Active Bear
 
Posts: 357
Join Date: Dec 2008
06-12-2011, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedfordsBears View Post
On the way home from a magical night at the yard.
Get those flights booked to Omaha Bear fans. The CWS is an event not to be missed.
Especially when the Bears will be there!
So proud of our program and all it's amazing supporters.
This has to be a springboard for Cal baseball going forward. UC must make an investment in the programs future. College baseball is a great game and if we do just a few things to improve Evans we can do this more often.
What a night and what a story this team is!
Go Bears
We absolutely need to take advantage of this run - 2 recruiting classes have been hurt (2011/2012 in a significant way) - we need to pull one out of the hat for 2012-2013 (kids start signing in 4-5 months) - with that I'd use the national coverage to announce our baseball plan and vision.

What we experienced this weekend can happen during the year at EVANS - treat this program like a minor league team and come up with great promotions / programs involving students, alumni and their children - the SEC shouldn't have a monopoly on this experience - we are better than that
Reply With Quote
  (#20) Old
Cal89 Cal89 is offline
Loyal Bear
 
Cal89's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,119
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Bay Area
06-12-2011, 11:14 PM

So, I'm guessing we don't play VA or UCI until late in the week, or on the weekend?


The University of California - One of the finest universities in the world, is the oldest public university in our great state with origins dating back to 1855, and university status granted in 1868. Go Bears!
Reply With Quote
  (#21) Old
Calloy Calloy is offline
Active Bear
 
Posts: 357
Join Date: Dec 2008
06-12-2011, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hintite View Post
Yeah, I saw you there. You were the guy that brought towels to Esquer after his Gatorade bath then loaded his bags on the bus. Way to sac up.
Now now Hintite - could the anger stem from the realization of just how wrong you've been....hmmmm......its OK to admit your wrong.....liberating in fact
Reply With Quote
  (#22) Old
Hintite Hintite is offline
Active Bear
 
Posts: 120
Join Date: Jul 2009
06-12-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calloy View Post
Now now Hintite - could the anger stem from the realization of just how wrong you've been....hmmmm......its OK to admit your wrong.....liberating in fact
About what?
Reply With Quote
  (#23) Old
MoragaBear MoragaBear is online now
Staff Writer
 
MoragaBear's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,515
Join Date: Jul 2008
06-13-2011, 01:44 AM

Game report, with quotes and photos: http://www.bearinsider.com/news/story.php?article=1402

Got the flight booked for Omaha. Can't wait...


Reply With Quote
  (#24) Old
SouthBayPhenom SouthBayPhenom is offline
Real Bear
 
Posts: 1,739
Join Date: Aug 2008
06-13-2011, 05:55 AM

Dog pile for the super regional?
Reply With Quote
  (#25) Old
Bearbaseballbacker Bearbaseballbacker is offline
Active Bear
 
Posts: 362
Join Date: May 2009
06-13-2011, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hintite View Post
Yeah, I saw you there. You were the guy that brought towels to Esquer after his Gatorade bath then loaded his bags on the bus. Way to sac up.


You and the rest of your crew can go kick yourselfs, maybe give your dogs a break tonight. I know it must be hard not to able to come on here and post negative comments about Esquer.
Reply With Quote
  (#26) Old
Hintite Hintite is offline
Active Bear
 
Posts: 120
Join Date: Jul 2009
06-13-2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearbaseballbacker View Post


You and the rest of your crew can go kick yourselfs, maybe give your dogs a break tonight. I know it must be hard not to able to come on here and post negative comments about Esquer.
Not at all. I just enjoy tweaking sycophantic blowhards and this board is a target rich environment.
Reply With Quote
  (#27) Old
Calloy Calloy is offline
Active Bear
 
Posts: 357
Join Date: Dec 2008
06-13-2011, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hintite View Post
Not at all. I just enjoy tweaking sycophantic blowhards and this board is a target rich environment.
Read what you wrote and come up with an apt description for your obsession

OUCH
Reply With Quote
  (#28) Old
Hintite Hintite is offline
Active Bear
 
Posts: 120
Join Date: Jul 2009
06-13-2011, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calloy View Post
On to Omaha!!!!

Hope to see CalGreg, Barrabas, Hintite, DFENS, Shroeder71, OsoDorado, Hal9000 and the rest of the boys there supporting our BEAR team led by one great coach


GO BEARS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calloy View Post
Read what you wrote and come up with an apt description for your obsession

OUCH
Obsession?
Reply With Quote
  (#29) Old
D-FENS D-FENS is offline
no bear
 
Posts: 173
Join Date: May 2011
06-13-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calloy View Post
On to Omaha!!!!

Hope to see CalGreg, Barrabas, Hintite, DFENS, Shroeder71, OsoDorado, Hal9000 and the rest of the boys there supporting our BEAR team led by one great coach


GO BEARS!
Sorry, will have to support on TV.

Hopefully an extension for Esquer is around the corner.
Reply With Quote
  (#30) Old
OBear073akaSMFan OBear073akaSMFan is offline
Golden Bear
 
Posts: 6,329
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: El Cerrito
06-13-2011, 08:41 AM

Anyone knows if Justin Jones out of the series? He definitely would be missed as a starter or as a long reliever as he did in the regionals.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Ad Management by RedTyger