Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Men's Basketball
Reload this Page Serious Recruiting Problem
Notices

(#121) Old
Loyal Bear

+1 - 11-05-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomei View Post
Jesus Christ. Can we just stop with these "recruiting is a problem" threads already? We aren't adding anything to the debate. Most of the arguments in this thread have already been discussed ad nauseam. Whenever anybody feels the urge to start a new recruiting thread, simply look for the last one and continue posting there.

We're dealing with two known quantities here. We've got Tedford who can recruit, but can't coach em up. We've got Monty, who can coach em up but can't recruit (for the moment, at least). I prefer the latter problem. At least it's something that's more solvable. Monty acknowledges the problem and wants to recruit better. We all want him to recruit better. Get over it already. Let's give it a rest.
With you 100%.
  (#122) Old
Golden Bear

11-05-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Can we just stop with these "recruiting is a problem" threads already?...Whenever anybody feels the urge to start a new recruiting thread, simply look for the last one and continue posting there.
LOL, you do realize your post is at the bottom of page eight, right?

(#123) Old
New Bear

11-05-2011, 02:28 PM

Yeah, I probably should have jumped in earlier, but I had been ignoring this thread for a few days because I figured it was just the same topic rehashed. Turned out to be right.
  (#124) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

11-05-2011, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Jesus Christ. Can we just stop with these "recruiting is a problem" threads already? We aren't adding anything to the debate. Most of the arguments in this thread have already been discussed ad nauseam. Whenever anybody feels the urge to start a new recruiting thread, simply look for the last one and continue posting there.

We're dealing with two known quantities here. We've got Tedford who can recruit, but can't coach em up. We've got Monty, who can coach em up but can't recruit (for the moment, at least). I prefer the latter problem. At least it's something that's more solvable. Monty acknowledges the problem and wants to recruit better. We all want him to recruit better. Get over it already. Let's give it a rest.
Actually we had moved on to other topics. Like how much we like Kravish and our depth is looking good now.
  (#125) Old
Loyal Bear

11-07-2011, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longseeker View Post
....Brendan Lane (Rocklin) whom I wish we would have got because Monty would have better coached him up than what UCLA has done with him to date. BTW, I expect Lane to contribute more this year, but, unfortunately for him (maybe) is the Bruins have a ton of biggies.
I'm not following the Bruins much at this time, however, I don't see how Lane gets more playing time this year with Josh Smith and Reeves Nelson fixtures down low and the respected Wear twins joining the rotation. We'll see.