Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > Other Topics > Stadium Project
Reload this Page Seat Selection has started for ESP extras
Notices

(#16) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

03-26-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oskidunker View Post
Have you ever sat in that first row above the handicapped in the old memorial? What do you think?
There were not elevated handicap platforms before in the old CMS just the small entrances it's all guess work. If you are talking about the on the side with the mini staircase, I agree that those stairs could be a blockage problem as would the aisle (those kind of stairs are definitely a problem at every pro basketball and baseball stadium I've been to). On the other side above the vomitory near the aisle, I think you are OK because even if people are standing and passing, they'd only block the very near corner of the endzone on your right.

It is hard to say without seeing as it's all new. My advice would be to sit in the center if you absolutely want peace of mind, but you could risk the aisle on the right because it shouldn't be bad. If it turns out just horrible, there will likely be turnover of a pair of 'non unique' seats nearby that you could move to the next year. If the seats on the aisle and/or front row are good, there will likely be no turnover of those seats until the next re-seat. Now if you were to go front row in the lower donation I, the screen/railings look quite annoying in the left side since that is towards the action. AND the stairs on the right are going to have people walking up them all game, so that's bad too. (side note, what's up with the person who chose of AA, row 41, seats 17-20? that will mean staring at people's legs all game!)

Also, if your donation level is more than the seat requirement to start with (perhaps due to basketball seats), you could even buy two sets and decide in person? A little bit of a pain, but if the second set is halfway decent, I'm sure you can get face for season tickets tickets EASILY.
  (#17) Old
Real Bear

03-26-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Also, if your donation level is more than the seat requirement to start with (perhaps due to basketball seats), you could even buy two sets and decide in person?
ColoradoBear, Could you explain this a bit. I have ESP Field seats, but my understanding is that I have to pay donations for any other seats I get.
  (#18) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

03-26-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride525 View Post
ColoradoBear, Could you explain this a bit. I have ESP Field seats, but my understanding is that I have to pay donations for any other seats I get.
ESP is different - so yes you have to pay for other football seats.

For basketball, premium seats require one to be a donor at a certain level (golden C, coaches club, andy smith) to qualify for a set number of seats, which is slightly different than the per seat way they do football. As long as the proper levels were met (and done in the right time of year), the donations could count towards both sports tickets.

I would guess that a lot of people that will sit in the $1200/ seat locations at CMS are one who are not putting that $1200 down, but are donating money already as chairbacks.

The premium ticket blurb on calbears.com for basketball tickets states that 'endowment' gifts cannot be counted for premium basketball seats, so I would think that being ESP wouldn't help you get basketball tickets... though one never really knows until you ask.
  (#19) Old
Real Bear

03-27-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatSlug View Post
But I'm tremendously skeptical that the sheer numbers are exclusively for the purposes noted in the official language.

What I'm saying is this: something stinks. And I wouldn't be surprised in the least if this isn't rank speculation by someone acting as a quasi-ticket agency.

I do know that non-ESP season ticket holders have a limit of 20 season tickets. I don't know if ESP ticket holders have a limit on the number of seats they can buy outside of the ESP section.

And what stinks the most about this is that many previous season ticket holders may be effectively shut out from Cal Memorial on a season ticket basis.

There are 7 designated sections that are for reserved season tickets with no donation. (D, DD, J, JJ, K, Q, and UU)

5 of those sections are on the West Side. (D, DD, J, JJ, and K)

4 of those West Side sections are mostly unavailable this afternoon, essentially a full week before Group 1 begins to choose their seat locations. (D, DD, J, and JJ).

If this information changes, I will update this post. But for now, something does not look right.
so as of this morning, 9:25, some of the seats in F are highlighted as in a cart i.e. someone in the ESP section is selecting these as extras. 3 seats here, 1 seat there. I didn't see any of that yesterday - admittedly I wasn't watching all day. So I still think the large blocks in D and DD are being held out for some reason. And I'd agree w/ FSlug and others that something's rotten here.

OT to OD - yup, 63 points, and I still don't believe it, and I was there like you and saw it.
  (#20) Old
Golden Bear

Lots of activity today - 03-27-2012, 02:15 PM

Looks like half the aisle seats in f and HH are gone in the upper bowl.

I question allowing ESP people to buy all the best seats and giving them a whole week to do it. Millonaires to whom $400 is nothing giving the seats to friends and realatives. I understand it but don't like it.This may backfire if non espers find nothing of value to choose from .

What is alarming is that when you go on the site you don't see much activity but when you come back later huge blocks of seats are gone. These people are not buying just 2 seats.

I suspect HH and F will sell out half way through next week, except for very low seats.A friend who used to buy 10 seats in GG told me he could only affford 2 ESP seats and place the rest of his family in HH. When you consider there are not that many ESP people, maybe this is what is going on. H seems too expensive for ESP to want to buy them. AS I suspected, these will probably go unfilled.

We may see the East side largely unfilled as an aging fan base wants comfortable seats with more leg room. It happened at ATT. The East side is priced right, I hope it sells well.
  (#21) Old
Active Bear

F to FF difference? - 03-27-2012, 03:37 PM

I pick on April 6th @ 3:40....Was hoping to upgrade from our old section EE to F maybe...But I was wondering what justifies the extreme jump in cost from F to FF and from HH to H. The tickets jump about double in price for what seems minimal field position gain...Is there bar service in FF and H, or what!
  (#22) Old
Golden Bear

No, nothing extra - 03-27-2012, 04:14 PM

And consider this. Stanford requires NO donation for any seats other than those between the 40's. Try section H, right next to HH. The price goes up from $400 to $1200.00

Stanford Stadium had alot more private funding. I understand Ariaga gave so much they agreed there would be no advertising in the Stadium.It must be nice.
  (#23) Old
Real Bear

Exactly. - 03-27-2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oskidunker View Post
And consider this. Stanford requires NO donation for any seats other than those between the 40's. Try section H, right next to HH. The price goes up from $400 to $1200.00

Stanford Stadium had alot more private funding. I understand Ariaga gave so much they agreed there would be no advertising in the Stadium.It must be nice.
This goes back to the point I made in the other thread. IMHO, it's pretty hypocritical for anyone to, on the one hand, complaint that the product on the field is not good enough, and then, on the other hand, spend a lot of time complaining about the donation requirements, and/or figure out how to scheme around them. If we had an Arrillaga, the AD wouldn't have the financial problems it has. But we don't, so people who can afford it need to pony up, even if they don't think it's worth it.
  (#24) Old
Golden Bear

Wether Cal needs the money or not - 03-27-2012, 04:31 PM

People can only pay what they can afford. I have already donated the money for HH or F. The question now is , what will it buy next week?I have never complained about the quality of play. I went to every game during the Holmoe years. I love the experience. Winning is nice but not necessary. Others, I fear have a different feeling, thus cost vs Benefit comes into play.
  (#25) Old
Real Bear

03-27-2012, 04:34 PM

Plus allowing current season ticket holders/donors to buy up to 20 seats at one time but not enabling long-time groups to sit together without most members losing their BB points. I was listed in the 1% of BB donors but if I buy the seats for my group they lose their BB points...not worth much but they have been earning and donating for years and don't want to 'lose' them. Now, instead of picking early Monday morning, I (might) have to wait a full week for all of us sit together. I am not even sure there will be 10 mediocre seats together at that point.
  (#26) Old
Website Administrator

03-27-2012, 04:34 PM

I'm having problems viewing the Instructional Video. Is it just my cookie blocking or something else? Can everybody see the video?

GO BEARS !!!
  (#27) Old
Real Bear

03-27-2012, 04:45 PM

It is easy to do without the video. I signed onto my account and go to "instructions" and at the end of line 1 of step 1 on the right there is a button that says 'here' that will take you to the stadium map to see what's up...
  (#28) Old
Website Administrator

03-27-2012, 07:21 PM

I was just curious about the video and why I can't see it.

GO BEARS !!!
  (#29) Old
Real Bear

03-27-2012, 08:14 PM

I can't veiw it either! Great job ATO!

I also can't see the seats that have been "grayed" out.

Oh well no need to get upset until I find out where my seats will be.
  (#30) Old
Real Bear

03-28-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraymcleod View Post
I pick on April 6th @ 3:40....Was hoping to upgrade from our old section EE to F maybe...But I was wondering what justifies the extreme jump in cost from F to FF and from HH to H. The tickets jump about double in price for what seems minimal field position gain...Is there bar service in FF and H, or what!
I was wondering the same - the donation required jumps substantially. Maybe it's just that the barricade is so low between FF and the ESP seats that you can jump over, get into the lounges, grab a beer, then run back down and jump back over to your seat?

I pick Tuesday the 3rd in the morning. At the rate the F seats are disappearing, I may not be able to get in there. That'd be ..... well, I'd be pretty p*ssed off.