Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > Other Topics > Off-Topic
Reload this Page Aaron Gordon has a new leader.
Notices

(#16) Old
no bear

09-02-2012, 03:23 PM

No matter what he says.
Numbers dont lie.

Washington gets another loss.
Get use to this UDub fans.

Washington will not win more than 10 games.

Washington is the NEW Bottom Feeder.

Tweets....
#Washington takes another lost. It would of been a blow out but, they played zone. Final score: 83-76. #huskies have no bigs.
  (#17) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

Basketball Hope for a miracle! - 09-02-2012, 07:53 PM

The odds of Aaron Gordon deciding to stay in Northern California isn't any longer than Petaluma LL making it into th US Championship game...

The women's bball team became 2nd or 3rd in the conference when they landed the fab five from the Bay Area. Its also how the softball won the national championship a decade ago and almost did it again in 2012 w/ the top recruit class from NorCal...It's possible! GO BEARS!

Last edited by Schroeder71; 09-03-2012 at 11:47 AM.
  (#18) Old
Golden Bear

Odds may even be better. - 09-02-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder71 View Post
The odds of Aaron Gordon deciding to stay in Northern California isn't any longer than Petaluma LL making into th US Championship game...

The women's team became 2nd or 3rd in the conference when they landed the fab five from the Bay Area. Its also how the softball won the national championship a decade ago and almost did it again in 2012 w/ the top recruit class from NorCal...It's possible! GO BEARS!
Monty looked very happy yesterday. Nothing for publication however.
  (#19) Old
Loyal Bear

09-03-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder71 View Post
The odds of Aaron Gordon deciding to stay in Northern California isn't any longer than Petaluma LL making it into th US Championship game...

The women's bball team became 2nd or 3rd in the conference when they landed the fab five from the Bay Area. Its also how the softball won the national championship a decade ago and almost did it again in 2012 w/ the top recruit class from NorCal...It's possible! GO BEARS!
Thanks for the P-Town shout out 71. I attended the LL Parade here yesterday were about 20k were said to have attended. Very uplifting..

Monty can do the same for Cal Hoops! Come on down Bird, Gordon and Lee!!
  (#20) Old
no bear

09-04-2012, 09:57 PM

Does the Jabari Bird decision impacts Aaron Gordon's Top2?

I would say that Washington surely took a huge blow.
It appears all the Washington recruits of 2013 have said no...exception of two
Bird and Gordon were the last two remaining UW recruits.

So, would you say that Aaron Gordon has a new leader?
Yes, indeed.

Note-
If Jabari Bird was not sleeping on Washington.
Then, surely Aaron Gordon is not sleeping on UW.
  (#21) Old
Real Bear

09-05-2012, 06:37 AM

I haven't been to the basketball board in a long time and am not really sure what to make of theRise. Seriously confused.
  (#22) Old
Loyal Bear

09-05-2012, 06:43 AM

Ric- a reqest as been made to the Dept of Ancient and/or Dead languages for a Professor versed in translating mumbo jumbo. Soon all will be less clear.
  (#23) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

09-05-2012, 08:00 AM

I have no idea what's going on here. Who is shelly? Was there a coaching change at Udud?
  (#24) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

09-05-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranadaHillsBear View Post
I have no idea what's going on here. Who is shelly? Was there a coaching change at Udud?
Dawgs brought in an assistant (from West Virginia I believe) and Romar announced that he would be going to a high post offense this year. Not sure at all why. The Rise has been implying that the hammer is going to come down on Romar for the extraciricular activities that his players have been engaged in - a hammer that includes not being renewed and having this assistant hired at the direction of the AD installed.

I haven't followed the dawg board closely enough to determine which of The Rise's poetry is actually true.
  (#25) Old
Real Bear

09-05-2012, 08:42 AM

The basics of what rise says is usually true. He just has his own pinache and apparently a seething hatred of Ucla and UW (works for me).

To recap:

UW basketball recruiting is not going well recently. They signed virtually no one last cycle, and their best prospect abrubtly bailed on them over the summer. They don't have anyone yet this cycle, but have (had?) high hopes for Bird and especially Gordon. Rise says neither (and "no bigs") will sign with UW and that it's all fallout from the Overton pimping scandal. Oh and also something called scarr recruiting...

A UW assistant coach, Raphael Chillious, recently moved to 'nova. Rise claims he was forced out by the UW AD because he was fostering a pimping/thug environment, and that the AD is now running the program from behind the scenes instead of Romar. "Shelly" is, I believe, the UW AD Scott Woodward. They hired Brad Jackson, the longtime head coach of Western Washington, and are apparently installing an offensive system similar to what he ran there for years. This has fueled Rise's innuendo that Romar isn't the real head coach of UW anymore and is DMW.

UW is on an overseas tour right now (in China I think?) and has been losing consistently, sometimes in blowout fashion, prompting Rise to declare them "new bottom feeder". (I personally tend to think ASU isn't gonna relinquish that crown easily.)

Rise has grown on me, at least until he inevitably starts badmouting Cal. As long as you understand he's a UofA shill aka JessieWildcat you'll keep his posts in the proper perspective.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. Some have speculated that Rise is not human, but rather bot. It's an interesting theory, especially because he doesn't react to anything that's said about him by other posters. He just keeps posting his UW and (less often) Ucla updates--always negative--in semi-Haiku form. Although I'm not totally decided on the issue I've seen enough to believe he's just a quirky so-and-so, but human nonetheless.

Last edited by OldBlue1999; 09-05-2012 at 08:57 AM.
  (#26) Old
Real Bear

09-05-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBlue1999 View Post

EDIT: Forgot to mention. Some have speculated that Rise is not human, but rather bot. It's an interesting theory, especially because he doesn't react to anything that's said about him by other posters. He just keeps posting his UW and (less often) Ucla updates in semi-Haiku form. Although I'm not totally decided on the issue I've seen enough to believe he's just a quirky so-and-so, but human nonetheless.
Thx for the well written and funny recap.
  (#27) Old
Golden Bear

09-05-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Oh and also something called scarr recruiting...
Dang it OB, you made me shoot coffee through my nose!
  (#28) Old
Real Bear

09-05-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
The basics of what rise says is usually true. He just has his own pinache and apparently a seething hatred of Ucla and UW (works for me).

To recap:

UW basketball recruiting is not going well recently. They signed virtually no one last cycle, and their best prospect abrubtly bailed on them over the summer. They don't have anyone yet this cycle, but have (had?) high hopes for Bird and especially Gordon. Rise says neither (and "no bigs") will sign with UW and that it's all fallout from the Overton pimping scandal. Oh and also something called scarr recruiting...

A UW assistant coach, Raphael Chillious, recently moved to 'nova. Rise claims he was forced out by the UW AD because he was fostering a pimping/thug environment, and that the AD is now running the program from behind the scenes instead of Romar. "Shelly" is, I believe, the UW AD Scott Woodward. They hired Brad Jackson, the longtime head coach of Western Washington, and are apparently installing an offensive system similar to what he ran there for years. This has fueled Rise's innuendo that Romar isn't the real head coach of UW anymore and is DMW.

UW is on an overseas tour right now (in China I think?) and has been losing consistently, sometimes in blowout fashion, prompting Rise to declare them "new bottom feeder". (I personally tend to think ASU isn't gonna relinquish that crown easily.)

Rise has grown on me, at least until he inevitably starts badmouting Cal. As long as you understand he's a UofA shill aka JessieWildcat you'll keep his posts in the proper perspective.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. Some have speculated that Rise is not human, but rather bot. It's an interesting theory, especially because he doesn't react to anything that's said about him by other posters. He just keeps posting his UW and (less often) Ucla updates--always negative--in semi-Haiku form. Although I'm not totally decided on the issue I've seen enough to believe he's just a quirky so-and-so, but human nonetheless.
You should be cracking codes for the CIA or KGB (or at least interpreting the mumbo jumbo that comes out of twit's camp - sorry couldn't resist) because that is an amazing recap of all that is TheRise/JW. I am extremely impressed!
  (#29) Old
Real Bear

09-05-2012, 09:15 AM

I have a personal fantasy that Rise is actually Sean Miller himself. IDK, something about his writing style justs fits my image of how the internal dialogue in Miller's head must sound...

Anyways thanks for the compliments!
  (#30) Old
Real Bear

09-05-2012, 09:30 AM

GREAT summary, OldBlue. UW is actually on a 7 game trip to Europe and Africa. I believe they were just in France. UCLA was in China (and for what it's worth so was Seattle U, where Emerson Murray landed).