Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Football
Reload this Page Oregonís latest NCAA problem (Yahoo Sports)
Notices

(#16) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

12-22-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidson View Post
He's saying fired by the NFL
CK is the best coach in football, pro or college, he's going to kick ass in the NFL (good riddance from the P12N!!)

Furd is going to be the main obstacle for the CCG.
  (#17) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

12-22-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal96 View Post
I am having a hard time getting worked up about the Willie Lyles controversy. Lache Seastrunk doesn't even play for Oregon.

I hope Oregon isn't hit hard with sanctions. That will only make the Pac 12 weaker.
They cheated, big time, they deserve to go down.
  (#18) Old
Real Bear

12-23-2012, 08:05 AM

And not so sure cp comes to Oregon. First, there will be a cloud of sanctions. Second, why go where he is under the Nike microscope. Yes he can win an NC. But having a top 20 season isn't a success, he will have far more competition and stress. Not saying he won't go but don't assume it.
  (#19) Old
Active Bear

Here's Chip's answer to the question's: - 12-23-2012, 08:27 AM

Hypothetical of course:

• Why was Will Lyles paid $25,000?
Chip: "That's the standard rate for his profession", plus he has a cool name.

• Why was Lyles facilitating recruiting visits for the program?
Chip: "Due to staff shortages (we only had 10 Assistant Assistants) to keep track of our over 30 universal football uniforms"

• Why did Lyles aid Oregon’s staff in getting a letter of intent signed by a recruit?
Chip: "Because the doggone kid was going to pick $SC over us, at the last minute"

• Why did Oregon wait almost 11 months to request written scouting reports from Lyles after paying him $25,000?
Chip: "That's an easy one. We also wait until the end of the year to turn in reports, receipts, drug test results, and academic reports"

Last edited by cal2014deca; 12-23-2012 at 08:37 AM. Reason: title change
  (#20) Old
Active Bear

12-23-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bar20 View Post
Chip won't be fired. He will leave Oregon just like Pete left USC. I doubt if Chip would ever answer to the NCAA. THe NCAA isn't going to announce anything until after the bowls are over and by that time Chip will be signed, sealed and delivered to the NFL. If Peterson is interested in the Ducks job he may think twice about leaving BSU for the O.
I mean that Chip will run to the NFL (pull a Carroll), get hired by someone (Eagles?), try his up-tempo thing in the NFL, get smoked because NFL caliber players won't be phased by it, get fired when everyone realizes it isn't working, then go back to Oregon.

I think Kelly is a really good coach, but I have a feeling he isn't in the Harbaugh mold. I just shake my head when I read articles about how he is going to revolutionize the NFL by doing everything right that current NFL coaches do wrong.
  (#21) Old
Loyal Bear

12-23-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAyers3 View Post
I mean that Chip will run to the NFL (pull a Carroll), get hired by someone (Eagles?), try his up-tempo thing in the NFL, get smoked because NFL caliber players won't be phased by it, get fired when everyone realizes it isn't working, then go back to Oregon.

I think Kelly is a really good coach, but I have a feeling he isn't in the Harbaugh mold. I just shake my head when I read articles about how he is going to revolutionize the NFL by doing everything right that current NFL coaches do wrong.
I think this is vastly over simplified. The Patriots have been giving teams trouble all year implimenting tempo after BB picked Kelly's brian in the offseason.
  (#22) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

12-23-2012, 04:41 PM

I would be surprised if Kelly's offense doesn't post great numbers. He's going to need the complete package to win a championship, but the Eagles will at least become an upper tier NFL team under him.
  (#23) Old
Active Bear

12-24-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alarsuel View Post
I think this is vastly over simplified. The Patriots have been giving teams trouble all year implimenting tempo after BB picked Kelly's brian in the offseason.
I don't think tempo is some kind of panacea for good offense. The last time I checked the Patriots had some good offensive players already, and their offense may have already been pretty good.

I feel like the case for Kelly being a revolutionary is like people who wonder why teams don't always runs a two minute offense since that tends to work so well. If Kelly comes over and turns the league on its head I'll admit I was wrong, but I just find it hard to believe that he is some kind of strategic Messiah waiting to be unleashed on the league.
  (#24) Old
Real Bear

12-24-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal88 View Post
They cheated, big time, they deserve to go down.
Sorry, but I do not see the "big time" cheating...

Does seem like the NCAA does have a "thing" about the Pac12. Still cannot believe that Auburn got a pass with the Newton conundrum; ditto, Miami...
  (#25) Old
Active Bear

12-25-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manus View Post

Does seem like the NCAA does have a "thing" about the Pac12. Still cannot believe that Auburn got a pass with the Newton conundrum; ditto, Miami...
Exactly! The Newton thing was a fiasco, and the NCAA looked the other way. I'm sure if USC was in the SEC the Bush situation would have turned out differently.
  (#26) Old
Real Bear

01-01-2013, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manus View Post

Let's not forget Ohio State, who actively attempted to cover up their crimes.
  (#27) Old
Loyal Bear

01-01-2013, 06:39 AM

The "Chip to the Eagles" thing has more fuel with the National media than it does with the local folks here in Philly. I still am skeptical of Chip being able to handle the media and the whole Philly scene, but we will seen.
The only way CP gets this job is if the Ducks are forced to clean house; the OC was in place last year, nothing has changed in a years time?