Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Men's Basketball
Reload this Page How Bad is Prairie View?
Notices

(#1) Old
Real Bear

How Bad is Prairie View? - 12-22-2012, 06:52 AM

#303 in the Sagarin Predictor. We'd be favored by 18.7 on a neutral court.

UCLA beat them 95-53 last week, with nobody on the bruins playing more than 27 minutes.

I expect to see a similar game today, with plenty of playing time for Behrens, Bak, Johnson, Powers and maybe even some of the walk-ons.

Their leading scorer and rebounder is a 6-6, 205 Sr. guard from San Leandro, Jourdan DeMuynck.
They have plenty of size, and play a lot of people every game.

Crabbe and Cobbs need to get out of their funk and back into a scoring rhythm.

Our bigs will hopefully show some good moves and technique to score around theirs, and some more effort in going after rebounds.

Behrens and Kreklow can hopefully get more game experience as part of the main rotation tonight.

This might be the last chance for Bak and Johnson to get significant minutes and show that they can be contributors for the Pac-12 season.
  (#2) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

12-22-2012, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R90 View Post
#303 in the Sagarin Predictor. We'd be favored by 18.7 on a neutral court.

UCLA beat them 95-53 last week, with nobody on the bruins playing more than 27 minutes.

I expect to see a similar game today, with plenty of playing time for Behrens, Bak, Johnson, Powers and maybe even some of the walk-ons.

Their leading scorer and rebounder is a 6-6, 205 Sr. guard from San Leandro, Jourdan DeMuynck.
They have plenty of size, and play a lot of people every game.

Crabbe and Cobbs need to get out of their funk and back into a scoring rhythm.

Our bigs will hopefully show some good moves and technique to score around theirs, and some more effort in going after rebounds.

Behrens and Kreklow can hopefully get more game experience as part of the main rotation tonight.

This might be the last chance for Bak and Johnson to get significant minutes and show that they can be contributors for the Pac-12 season.
Agree with all except Ricky. I would like to see him play no more than about 10-12 minutes today. Just enough to keep getting better on his conditioning. Ditto against Harvard. He still has 2 weeks prior to UCLA - when I think he would be fantastic to put on Bazz and frustrated the bleep out of that guy.