ah shucks

2,357 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 71Bear
UrsineMaximus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Perhaps he will consider Cal??

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2021/02/oregon-ducks-qb-tyler-shough-announces-transfer.html
71Bear
UrsineMaximus said:

Perhaps he will consider Cal??

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2021/02/oregon-ducks-qb-tyler-shough-announces-transfer.html

More importantly...

Would Cal consider him?

Given the number of QB's in the pipeline at Cal, I would say - definitely not. In fact, I would expect a transfer from Cal as a far more likely possibility at some point in the next 12-15 months.

BearSD
We don't need to pile on Shough, but realistically, could he win the starting QB position in 2021 for any Pac-12 team other than Arizona?

He's not transferring to be a backup QB; he could have stayed at Oregon for that. A Mountain West or FCS team is where he could be a starter.
remb8888
So you start the whole season but get demoted for the bowl game and the answer is leave school?

Damn...
bluehenbear
Quote:

excited to announce that I will be entering the transfer portal as a grad transfer with three more years of eligibility.
grad transfer with 3 years eligibility, so he's graduating college after freshman or sophomore year? What kind of degrees is UO giving out?
ColoradoBear
bluehenbear said:

Quote:

excited to announce that I will be entering the transfer portal as a grad transfer with three more years of eligibility.
grad transfer with 3 years eligibility, so he's graduating college after freshman or sophomore year? What kind of degrees is UO giving out?

Also, if he graduates from a 1 year masters program, can he then transfer and go get a phd?

He was an early enrollee out of high school in 2018, so he's been at Oregon for 3 years as of the start 2021. Covid extra year gives him an extra year, which is six since he redshirted his first season.
71Bear
bluehenbear said:

Quote:

A degree in seven semesters (he was an early enrollee his first year) plus summers is not unusual. What is unusual is the extra year of eligibility due to COVID.
71Bear
Rivals indicated that Penn State, Auburn, Washington State and Oregon State (among others) are under consideration....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.