Tennessee/DLS LB Henry To'o To'o has entered the transfer portal

2,546 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 91Cal
KNBearR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tennessee/DLS LB Henry To'o To'o has entered the transfer portal.

Any information if Cal has displayed some interest in pursuing his talent ?

71Bear
There are very few guys who enter the portal that I think would be a good addition to Cal's roster. This player is definitely an exception to the rule.
calumnus
We definitely should be on him given he is a local player.
awesomebuffalo
Depends whether our boosters can provide more cash stuffed in McDonald's bags *of the college experience* than Alabama's
Big C

Pretty sure we are aware and interested in To'oto'o the second time around, as we were the first. IIRC, last time, we were on his longer list and maybe even a shorter list, but maybe not one of his "final finalists". If his problem back east is, he misses the Bay Area, well here we are! Beautiful weather out today, too. The power is on and everything! In a month like this, somebody like a Texan might consider moving to California, instead of the other way around.

Hey Class of 2022 out-of-staters: Take an "unofficial" to California this week! Power's on, sun's out, COVID's down... it's a great place!
Bearly Clad
As far as I know we're still in the running for him as a transfer but 24/7 is predicting he'll go to Bama
Golden One
Bearly Clad said:

As far as I know we're still in the running for him as a transfer but 24/7 is predicting he'll go to Bama
Anybody who thinks we can win his services over Alabama is delusional.
Bearly Clad
Golden One said:

We beat them out for 3 commitments over the past 2 recruiting cycles so that's not really true though.

Do I think we should base our strategy off out-recruiting Bama, hell no. But we're not often going after the same recruits anyway because of the academic differences in the schools anyway so it's not that much of an issue.

I don't think we're likely to land To'oTo'o but that's mostly because I trust the recency of that prediction, they've probably talked to him about his transfer decision. You should follow recruiting more closely though, it's been exciting lately and Wilcox & Co. definitely have us on the comeup
Golden One
Bearly Clad said:

Golden One said:

We beat them out for 3 commitments over the past 2 recruiting cycles so that's not really true though.

Do I think we should base our strategy off out-recruiting Bama, hell no. But we're not often going after the same recruits anyway because of the academic differences in the schools anyway so it's not that much of an issue.

I don't think we're likely to land To'oTo'o but that's mostly because I trust the recency of that prediction, they've probably talked to him about his transfer decision. You should follow recruiting more closely though, it's been exciting lately and Wilcox & Co. definitely have us on the comeup
I agree that Wilcox and company have improved Cal's recruiting. We'll never be able to consistently compete with Alabama, however, especially with the top recruits (4 and 5 star). I'll be satisfied when we can compete with the powers of the Pac-12: USC, Oregon, Washington, UCLA, and even Stanfurd.
Bearly Clad
See that's where I think you're being unreasonably negative. I'm not trying to tell anyone what kind of a fan they should be but you should at least get the facts straight.

We just finished with the consensus 3rd ranked recruiting class in the Pac-12, ahead of Washington, UCLA, and Stanford. 24/7 rates it as the 24th best class in the country, ESPN has it at 21st, consensus rating has it at 28th overall and all of them have us rated over the huskies, bruins, and trees.

Cal recruiting wins over the schools you mentioned and a few others:
    USC x5, Oregon x6, Washington x3, UCLA x7, Stanford x2, Michigan x4, LSU x2, TAMU x3, Oklahoma x2, Alabama, Ohio State, Notre Dame and that's all just from the '21 recruiting class which was a pretty small class
91Cal
It must be the facilities! ;-P
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.