Kaleb Johnson ~ he gone

4,159 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Strykur
UrsineMaximus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Decommits from Cal and immediately commits to Iowa. Cal has no RB or QB commits this cycle.
Econ141
We are, CAL ATHLETICS!!
oskidunker
The handwriting is on the wall.
Go Bears!
Shoreline
Here's another reason why recruiting to Cal sucks right now....a million less viewers than the 11th place Pac-12 team:

oskidunker
Shoreline said:

Here's another reason why recruiting to Cal sucks right now....a million less viewers than the 11th place Pac-12 team:

Maybe thats why the pac 12 network is not freezing up this year. I think I will watch Murdock MysterysFriday night and check the score Saturday morning.
Go Bears!
71Bear
oskidunker said:

The handwriting is on the wall.
The only redeeming feature of these decommits is that it is they may not play in the moribund P12. They are good enough to play wherever they want and they are smart enough to take their talent where it will be appreciated.
71Bear
oskidunker said:

Shoreline said:

Maybe thats why the pac 12 network is not freezing up this year. I think I will watch Murdock MysterysFriday night and check the score Saturday morning.
Subtract the UO/Ohio State game and the Ducks are at 4.3 million.

Overall, the numbers are pretty sad….

The big time programs average on a weekly basis more than the cumulative total of the average P12 team.

No wonder there is a mass exodus of talent from west to east…..

oski003
It's not so much that people don't want to watch Cal games (although that is an issue) but weren't the games on pac12 network, which is completely excluded from the data?
LunchTime
Shoreline said:

No one is going to mention that 3 of Cal's 5 games were on the P12 network, and not counted?

The two games that weren't Pac12 network were Nevada (on FS1) and Sacramento State (on ESPNU).

Excluding Pac12 Network games, when 3 of 5 are on P12N and then attempting any assessment about the numbers is asinine.

(edit: sorry Oski, I see you did mention it about 7 min before my post)
calumnus
We have good young RBs. I'm not worried about that. RB is also a position a freshman, JC or transfer can be slotted in later. It is more the appearance of the program. How we are viewed by recruits. Justyn Martin or another top QB is a priority, as well as highly rated (ie big and fast) DL, LBs, OL, et al.
71Bear
oski003 said:

It's not so much that people don't want to watch Cal games (although that is an issue) but weren't the games on pac12 network, which is completely excluded from the data?
The data reflects the viewership from two games:

Nevada (255,000) 7th lowest rating out of 31 games in Week 1
TCU (193,000) 4th lowest rating out of 28 games in Week 2

source: sportsmediawatch.com
Blueblood
calumnus said:

We have good young RBs. I'm not worried about that. RB is also a position a freshman, JC or transfer can be slotted in later. It is more the appearance of the program. How we are viewed by recruits. Justyn Martin or another top QB is a priority, as well as highly rated (ie big and fast) DL, LBs, OL, et al.
ahahahahahahahahahhhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAA

Cal is looking like MWC material more everyday.......crowd attendance is already MWC level or getting there.....
71Bear
LunchTime said:

Shoreline said:

No one is going to mention that 3 of Cal's 5 games were on the P12 network, and not counted?

The two games that weren't Pac12 network were Nevada (on FS1) and Sacramento State (on ESPNU).

Excluding Pac12 Network games, when 3 of 5 are on P12N and then attempting any assessment about the numbers is asinine.

Actually, we should be appreciative that the P12 network data is not available. Because of the network's scope, the average viewership numbers would probably be even lower.
dimitrig
UrsineMaximus said:

Decommits from Cal and immediately commits to Iowa. Cal has no RB or QB commits this cycle.

RBs and QBs are for losers!

What you want are a lot of TEs who don't block and you never get the ball to!

calumnus
LunchTime said:

Shoreline said:

We are 1-4 mostly against weak competition. We should be thankful few were able to watch.

Our big name opponents and televised games are coming up. We have a nationally televised game against #9 Oregon on ESPN this Friday. Our viewership numbers are going to go up! Yay
Econ141
calumnus said:

LunchTime said:

Shoreline said:

We are 1-4 mostly against weak competition. We should be thankful few were able to watch.

Our big name opponents and televised games are coming up. We have a nationally televised game against #9 Oregon on ESPN this Friday. Our viewership numbers are going to go up! Yay

Now let's go out there and show the world how bad we are!!!
71Bear
calumnus said:

LunchTime said:

Shoreline said:

Over/Under??

Stanford/ASU attracted 1.134 million viewers last Friday (on ESPN at 7:30PDT).

Will Cal/UO (also a Friday game on ESPN at 7:30PDT) be over or under that total?
calumnus
71Bear said:

calumnus said:

LunchTime said:

Shoreline said:

Over/Under??

Will Cal/UO (also a Friday game on ESPN at 7:30PDT) be over or under that total?

Certainly that was a more compelling matchup. When are the numbers taken? I suspect that a large number of viewers on the East Coast that might have stayed up for the end of that game will be asleep by the end of ours.

However, I am confident we will have more viewers for this one game than the above graphic shows us as having for the total of the first 5 games.
GivemTheAxe
dimitrig said:

UrsineMaximus said:

You have hit upon one of the problems with the Cal offense: Musgrave has some aversion to using TE's as receivers. Rarely does he call a play to throw to them especially in the red-zone ( where their height can be used to great advantage).
LunchTime
71Bear said:

LunchTime said:

Shoreline said:

Actually, we should be appreciative that the P12 network data is not available. Because of the network's scope, the average viewership numbers would probably be even lower.
This isnt average, its total

Quote:

Total Pac-12 Football TV Viewers thru Week 6
LunchTime
calumnus said:

71Bear said:

calumnus said:

LunchTime said:

Shoreline said:

Over/Under??

Certainly that was a more compelling matchup. When are the numbers taken? I suspect that a large number of viewers on the East Coast that might have stayed up for the end of that game will be asleep by the end of ours.

However, I am confident we will have more viewers for this one game than the above graphic shows us as having for the total of the first 5 games.
This whos a total for the first two games.

the last three games arent shown here.
calumnus
GivemTheAxe said:

dimitrig said:

UrsineMaximus said:

You have hit upon one of the problems with the Cal offense: Musgrave has some aversion to using TE's as receivers. Rarely does he call a play to throw to them especially in the red-zone ( where their height can be used to great advantage).

Play action pass to a TE who fakes run blocking then breaks wide open for a pass is the basic use of a TE. Mixed with run blocking outside. It is also a great way to keep defenses from blitzing and makes your run game more effective, then gets your receivers single coverage. Throwing to the TE off play action is especially effective in typical run situations. First and 10, short yardage,,etc
I thought we would be getting all this from Musgrave as just traditional "pro style" offense, but his play calling and strategy have been lacking over the 9 games we have seen him call plays.

STEAKKNIVES4LIFE
UrsineMaximus said:

Recruits, "unfortunately Cal has run out of wins...."

71Bear
LunchTime said:

71Bear said:

LunchTime said:

Shoreline said:

Quote:

I know. My comment stands. If the P12 network data was available, the average viewership numbers (in this case, 224,000/game) might be lower….
JSC 76
23 posts supposedly on the topic of a RB decommitt -- 15 of them are about the Pac 12 Network, and 4 are about throwing to the TE.

Focus, people!
LunchTime
71Bear said:

LunchTime said:

71Bear said:

LunchTime said:

Shoreline said:

Quote:

I know. My comment stands. If the P12 network data was available, the average viewership numbers (in this case, 224,000/game) might be lower….
I understand, thanks for the clarification.
LunchTime
JSC 76 said:

23 posts supposedly on the topic of a RB decommitt -- 15 of them are about the Pac 12 Network, and 4 are about throwing to the TE.

Focus, people!
To be completely honest, the only thing that seems open to healthy discussion this season is what network the games are on and what positions get the ball.

Any deeper gets a little depressing.

Anyway, what do you guys think about the center snapping the ball? I dont think its all of our offenses problems, but it shows strong correlation with the other problems.
71Bear
LunchTime said:

JSC 76 said:

Focus, people!
To be completely honest, the only thing that seems open to healthy discussion this season is what network the games are on and what positions get the ball.

Any deeper gets a little depressing.

Anyway, what do you guys think about the center snapping the ball? I dont think its all of our offenses problems, but it shows strong correlation with the other problems.
Long snapping is a skill. It is not just something guys do in their spare time or a second job for scout team centers. Obviously, the current LS is skilled. What he needs now is a booster shot of confidence. And, of course, it would help if the holder could do a better job of scooping up wayward snaps. Given that the punter is the designated holder in modern football (for a variety of reasons), I suspect the problem is that the current punter just doesn't have a ton of experience. In other words, it comes down to how one gets to Carnegie Hall - practice, practice, practice……
Grigsby
calumnus said:

I am. Nothing against the current group but they are MWC level backs.
EC bear
How about that Iowa?
Strykur
EC bear said:

How about that Iowa?
This is a weird season and Iowa did look good beating Penn State, but getting blown out at home by ****ing Purdue as a #2 team is definitely par for the course for the Hawkeyes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.