2007 In case you missed it

1,562 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by heartofthebear
72CalBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

ESPN Gameday and I know I remember seeing some of you there. Cal section at Autzen was the size of a small pizza slice. Duck fans wouldn't let us in the restrooms, and were allowed to leave the stadium at halftime to drink in the parking lot.

Autzen has never been quieter when the Ducks fumbled and in the endzone and we waited, and waited for the touchback call.

Best part was marching back to the Gameday trailer and singing Cal fight song. Corso who had chosen the Ducks came out, held up a Cal helmet, and kissed it.

Glory night eating pizza in Eugene avoiding the Duck fans who wanted to kick our little @sses back to Berkeley, but we didn't care.

Go Bears. My son bought a t-shirt "Duck the ****s" in the parking lot.
MinotStateBeav
I was there, what an amazing game to be at. The duck fans were little punks though. Walking up to the game they were trying to beef with Cal fans, Having the last laugh was so cathartic. I've had great luck going to away Cal games,

2001 Washington when Boller got us a win vs the huskies since forever, broke some huge streak
2003 Insight Bowl vs VaTech. Rodgers just torched em.
2004 at USC..heartbreak city, but the game was so amazing. The last 4 and 9 when Rodgers led Makkonen a little far, the SC fans let out an audible sigh of relief lol.
2007 @Autzen.
I went to an Oregon State game too but don't remember when..just remembered how annoying that chainsaw noise was.
BearForce2
Duck fans, proud supporters of the Phil Knight Nike CCP Uyghur partnership.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
Golden One
Ah, the good old days. Our record in 2007 was only 7-6, but we had wins over Tennessee, Arizona, and Oregon. Not much chance of doing that well this season.

Oregon fans are the absolute worst. Worse than those of any other Pac-12 school, including USC. They are totally obnoxious, and usually very drunk.
MSaviolives
I was there with my family and we, of course, enjoyed it immensely. The Colvin fumble into the end zone happened right below the Cal rooting section, so we Cal fans had the best view of it.

Little did we know that Longshore had injured his ankle in an earlier play. Which led to Riley starting the next game. Which led to a pseudo #1 ranking for Cal, lasting about a quarter late in that game, until a clip board was thrown and it all evaporated.

Ccajon2
MinotStateBeav said:

I was there, what an amazing game to be at. The duck fans were little punks though. Walking up to the game they were trying to beef with Cal fans, Having the last laugh was so cathartic. I've had great luck going to away Cal games,

2001 Washington when Boller got us a win vs the huskies since forever, broke some huge streak
2004 at USC..heartbreak city, but the game was so amazing. The last 4 and 9 when Rodgers led Makkonen a little far, the SC fans let out an audible sigh of relief lol.
2007 @Autzen.
I went to an Oregon State game too but don't remember when..just remembered how annoying that chainsaw noise was.

Always wonder where Cal would be at, FB wise had Rodgers had hit Makkonen with a TD pass and won the Rose Bowl, finishing 12-0. Probably JT would still have been gone by 2014, because all those 3 and 4 loss seasons would be seen as real dissapointments.
MinotStateBeav
Ccajon2 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

2007 @Autzen.

Always wonder where Cal would be at, FB wise had Rodgers had hit Makkonen with a TD pass and won the Rose Bowl, finishing 12-0. Probably JT would still have been gone by 2014, because all those 3 and 4 loss seasons would be seen as real dissapointments.
We were recruiting at a really good clip but it would have been insane had that happened.
72CalBear
Golden One said:

Ah, the good old days. Our record in 2007 was only 7-6, but we had wins over Tennessee, Arizona, and Oregon. Not much chance of doing that well this season.

Oregon fans are the absolute worst. Worse than those of any other Pac-12 school, including USC. They are totally obnoxious, and usually very drunk.
Which makes them even louder and more obnoxious tonight!!
72CalBear
MSaviolives said:

I was there with my family and we, of course, enjoyed it immensely. The Colvin fumble into the end zone happened right below the Cal rooting section, so we Cal fans had the best view of it.

Little did we know that Longshore had injured his ankle in an earlier play. Which led to Riley starting the next game. Which led to a pseudo #1 ranking for Cal, lasting about a quarter late in that game, until a clip board was thrown and it all evaporated.

I remember it all too well. The team celebrated right down in front of the Cal section - dancing - and it was a beautiful thing to watch the Duck fans waddle out of Autzen.
82gradDLSdad
MSaviolives said:

Cameron Colvin was in my son's class at DLS. Played baseball with him as freshmen. He was a sweet kid. I felt bad for him.
heartofthebear
MSaviolives said:

NM
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.