Can we salvage at least a "feel good" season by going 3-0 against...

4,494 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TheFiatLux
heartofthebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheFiatLux said:

USC, UC Los Angeles and Stanfurd. At least get that in-state sweep for the first time in 70 years?

Throw the Arizona game in front of those three and finishing out w 4 wins including that California sweep would at least feel good going into next year.
I'd feel pretty good if we beat OSU.
calumnus
heartofthebear said:

TheFiatLux said:

USC, UC Los Angeles and Stanfurd. At least get that in-state sweep for the first time in 70 years?

Throw the Arizona game in front of those three and finishing out w 4 wins including that California sweep would at least feel good going into next year.

Me too. I think they are our toughest game remaining. If we beat them we would be 2-3 in conference with a chance at a winning conference record for the first time in a long time.
heartofthebear
calumnus said:

heartofthebear said:

TheFiatLux said:

Me too. I think they are our toughest game remaining. If we beat them we would be 2-3 in conference with a chance at a winning conference record for the first time in a long time.
I think both Furd and USC are winnable games. So yeah. BTW, Cal has played better in Palo Alto in recent big games. So I don't really consider that a road game. OTOH, Cal hasn't played well at home. I'm not sure what it is but it seems that Garbers doesn't have as good vision at Memorial. So, I hope Cal can overcome that vs. SC.
calumnus
Looking good
RJABear
GivemTheAxe
TandemBear said:

TheFiatLux said:

Pass that bong, bro! You HIGH as a kite!

Edit: Then again, this IS Cal. So they'd obviously pick a total throw-away season to do this. When it means absolutely NOTHING, Cal would pull it off. TypiCal.

Fans in my corner of the Memorial Stadium were passing that bong around after the win over OSU.
Now that all 4 remains opponents look bearable.

Not saying we will. But it is a definite possibility. And not just a pipe dream
GivemTheAxe
TheFiatLux
Let's revisit this. I'm thinking a season ending sweep against the California schools would be mighty satisfying. Especially if that last win is against SC at home to end the season... and go all out and get a packed student section. I know, I know, take care of first things first, but we got the first step done.

It would definitely be a nice momentum boost heading into next year.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.