Game of the year (so far)

1,141 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bearister
71Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mississippi v. Tennessee

A great game marred by out of control fans throwing stuff, including golf balls (one of which hit Lane Kiffin in the arm), on the field after a controversial call went against the Vols late in the game (note: IMO, after seeing the replay, the call was close but correct). At one point, it looked like a rainstorm of water bottles coming out of the stands. (By the way, who brings golf balls to football games?)

After a 30 minute delay, the game resumed and Ole Miss held on to win 31-26.

Matt Corral (from Ventura) had an amazing game. It was easily the best game I have seen this year. Wow!

Big C
71Bear said:

Mississippi v. Tennessee

A great game marred by out of control fans throwing stuff, including golf balls (one of which hit Lane Kiffin in the arm), on the field after a controversial call went against the Vols late in the game (note: IMO, after seeing the replay, the call was close but correct). At one point, it looked like a rainstorm of water bottles coming out of the stands. (By the way, who brings golf balls to football games?)

Matt Corral (from Ventura) had an amazing game. It was easily the best game I have seen this year. Wow!

It is miscreants that bring golf balls to football games, but I always bring TWO footballs to golf games. You know why? In case I get a hole in one!

(one-and-five thinks it can keep me from gettin' a few laughs. one-and-five is mistaken)
KoreAmBear
71Bear said:

Mississippi v. Tennessee

Wilcox owns Ole Miss
Golden One
KoreAmBear said:

71Bear said:

Mississippi v. Tennessee

Wilcox owns Ole Miss
It would be very nice if he "owned" a few more schools!
71Bear
KoreAmBear said:

71Bear said:

Mississippi v. Tennessee

Wilcox owns Ole Miss
And Holmoe owns Oklahoma and Dykes owns Texas….
philbert

TomBear
Agree, 71, that was a fantastic game to watch. Corral is impressive, and as much as I don't like Kiffin, he's got Ole Miss movin' up. Corral has a bit of Kapp in him, which may be why I like him.

Geez, I hated to see the fan reaction to the call. I'm a Vols fan, and up until that point the environment at Neyland was awesome. They're building back up, and that team is going to be good. But the Vols reputation took a big hit, and I found myself wishing I had been there to catch some punk throwing something.

Elsewhere in Tennessee, Vandy ALMOST got a victory. But.......they didn't
Big C

Who brings a mustard bottle into the stadium?!? I bet it smelled like Jack Daniels inside.
bearister
"It is miscreants that bring golf balls to football games…"

They later established that Bryson DeChambeau was playing at a nearby course and hit a 443 yard slice into Kifin.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.