Semi-OT: WSU and Rollo

3,158 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Cal8285
philbert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can we replay them?

wifeisafurd
this should get interesting.

I'm guessing over/under on when this goes to O/T is 20 posts.
touchdownbears43
I'll happily take it OT.

Bravo.
BearForce2
Wazzu Couged it.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
eastbayyoungbear
Washington not having it when it comes to anti-vaxxing. I admire the ruthlessness.
touchdownbears43
eastbayyoungbear said:

Washington not having it when it comes to anti-vaxxing. I admire the ruthlessness.

THIS
CalWSportsFan
This is the best and only decision. He made his bed. Buh-bye.
SBGold
Hilarious, what an idiot
KenBurnski
Dude kicked our ass
Strykur
Wazzu coming up with new levels to mega

COUG IT
okaydo
BearForce2 said:

Wazzu Couged it.

Yup. They cougd it by hiring this guy.
BearSD

calumnus
SBGold said:

Hilarious, what an idiot

Stupid is as stupid does
heartofthebear
I've been watching the FBI files on youtube. They've been fighting anti-government and establishment domestic terrorists for about 40 years. Apparently Washington is a haven for this type of thing.

I'm not saying that this has anything to do with Rolovich but the hard line by the state of Washington could be based on this. They don't want to give those guys any more ammunition than they already have, if you know what I mean.

I'm also not trying to imply that anti-vaxing is an act of terrorism. But I'm pretty sure these terrorist cells are anti-vaxers.
ColoradoBear
He's a bay area guy...

Can Cal hire him as an OC/QB coach?
Strykur
ColoradoBear said:

He's a bay area guy...

Can Cal hire him as an OC/QB coach?
Why not?
txwharfrat
eastbayyoungbear said:

And I admire the conviction of those that stand up to ruthless fascism.
txwharfrat
Bow down to the fascist government or else. Let's see how this plays out in the courts.
oskidunker
Employers have a right to set standards for employment. If they say all employees must wear green pants,its legal. The lawsuits have all failed so far, but you never know.

I think what gets me as many people in the world cant get the vaccine and cant understand why so many here refuse it bit is an embarrassment. We should send unused vaccine to countries that want it and stop throwing it away. We are the only country that uses politics as an excuse to not get vaccinated. By God Trump lost so there is no way we are doing what Biden says. Sounds like a plan.
Go Bears!
Go!Bears
txwharfrat said:

eastbayyoungbear said:

And I admire the conviction of those that stand up to ruthless fascism.
You are clearly clueless about the nature of fascism.
ducky23
txwharfrat said:

Bow down to the fascist government or else. Let's see how this plays out in the courts.
what, in your mind, would be rolovich's argument?
71Bear
txwharfrat said:

The US Supreme Court settled this issue in the Indiana University case by declining to intervene with the University's policy.

https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/legal-and-compliance/employment-law/pages/coronavirus-supreme-court-denies-review-vaccine-mandate.aspx
txwharfrat
ducky23 said:

txwharfrat said:

That his medical history is his private business and that the State government has no business forcing him to do this.
txwharfrat
71Bear said:

txwharfrat said:

The US Supreme Court settled this issue in the Indiana University case by declining to intervene with the University's policy.

https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/legal-and-compliance/employment-law/pages/coronavirus-supreme-court-denies-review-vaccine-mandate.aspx

On that particular case. There will be more.
71Bear
wifeisafurd said:

Settled law…. Move on, nothing to see here….

Rolovich knew the consequences of his actions long before the effective date. I am pleased to see the state of Washington and WSU take a hard stand.

71Bear
txwharfrat said:

71Bear said:

txwharfrat said:

The issue is the same. The Court has ruled and that is that…..
71Bear
txwharfrat said:

ducky23 said:

txwharfrat said:

That his medical history is his private business and that the State government has no business forcing him to do this.
And the Court respectfully disagrees with you. If you choose to live in this country, you must abide by the law. You don't get to pick and choose which laws to obey.

I strongly disagree with many decisions that have been made by the Court but I accept them because that is what intelligent American citizens do……
WalterSobchak
txwharfrat said:

ducky23 said:

txwharfrat said:

LOL
txwharfrat
71Bear said:

txwharfrat said:

ducky23 said:

txwharfrat said:

And the Court respectfully disagrees with you. If you choose to live in this country, you must abide by the law. You don't get to pick and choose which laws to obey.

I strongly disagree with many decisions that have been made by the Court but I accept them because that is what intelligent American citizens do……

It will be some time before this issue is fully "settled" by the court. He didn't violate any law. He made a choice. And he has faced the consequences of that choice. I did not make the same choice personally because I don't share his convictions. That doesn't mean i can't agree with his right to make that choice.

Being pro-vaccine and being anti government mandates are two different things.
WalterSobchak
txwharfrat said:

71Bear said:

txwharfrat said:

ducky23 said:

txwharfrat said:

It will be some time before this issue is fully "settled" by the court. He didn't violate any law. He made a choice. And he has faced the consequences of that choice. I did not make the same choice personally because I don't share his convictions. That doesn't mean i can't agree with his right to make that choice.

Yes, he did.

Quote:

On what legal grounds can this be imposed?

In response to the emerging COVID-19 threat, the Governor declared a state of emergency on February 29, 2020, using his broad emergency authority under RCW 43.06. More specifically, under RCW 43.06.220, after a state of emergency has been declared, the Governor may suspend statutes and prohibit any activity that he believes should be prohibited to help preserve and maintain life, health, property or the public peace. Under an emergency such as this, the Governor's paramount duty is to focus on the health and safety of our communities. In addition, the Governor is also a large employer and needs to meet the obligation to provide a safe workplace for government employees. This Proclamation answers both of those obligations.

https://www.governor.wa.gov/VaccineMandateFAQ

NVBear78
71Bear said:

wifeisafurd said:

Rolovich knew the consequences of his actions long before the effective date. I am pleased to see the state of Washington and WSU take a hard stand.

Nothing settled about the law yet, odds are very good the Supreme Court will eventually have to take on a vaccine mandate case. Lots of differing decisions across the country in different jurisdictions and circumstances.

Not taking up one case is not the same as settled law.
71Bear
NVBear78 said:

71Bear said:

wifeisafurd said:

Nothing settled about the law yet, odds are very good the Supreme Court will eventually have to take on a vaccine mandate case. Lots of differing decisions across the country in different jurisdictions and circumstances.

Not taking up one case is not the same as settled law.
They already addressed the issue (re: mandates imposed by Indiana University) and denied to hear arguments thus upholding actions taken by IU.

It is settled….

71Bear
txwharfrat said:

71Bear said:

txwharfrat said:

ducky23 said:

txwharfrat said:

You probably need to review the cases pertaining to this issue that have come to the Supreme Court's attention before making the statement in your post. The Supreme Court addressed the issue earlier this year by denying to take the case involving Indiana University.

Done and dusted….
71Bear
txwharfrat said:

71Bear said:

txwharfrat said:

Given that current court has made a decision to deny hearing arguments in a case pertaining to vaccine mandates, why would they change their position.

This particular issue is settled. Period. If you believe otherwise, you do not understand how the Supreme Court functions.
NVBear78
71Bear said:

txwharfrat said:

71Bear said:

txwharfrat said:

Given that current court has made a decision to deny hearing arguments in a case pertaining to vaccine mandates, why would they change their position.

This particular issue is settled. Period. If you believe otherwise, you do not understand how the Supreme Court functions.

71Bear, I love you and know you love making pronouncements of absolutes. All I will say is we have not seen anywhere near the end of litigation on vaccine mandates, nor have the new OSHA Rules been rolled out yet. I have seen several courts rule against mandates. There is much litigation to come and where there are conflicting ruling or new orders (I.e. OSHA) the Court is very likely to be called upon again.

Go Bears!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.