Rolovich fired fir Cause

11,459 Views | 220 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bearister
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.cougcenter.com/wsu-cougars-football/2021/10/18/22731674/nick-rolovich-fired-coach-wsu-cougars-covid-vaccine
Go Bears!
prospeCt
calumnus
oskidunker said:

https://www.cougcenter.com/wsu-cougars-football/2021/10/18/22731674/nick-rolovich-fired-coach-wsu-cougars-covid-vaccine

He gave up a $3 million a year job because he didn't want to gett a vaccine that millions have received with no ill effects (and plenty of good effect). Stupid is as stupid does.
Blueblood
calumnus said:

oskidunker said:

He gave up a $3 million a year job because he didn't want to gett a vaccine that millions have received with no ill effects (and plenty of good effect). Stupid is as stupid does.
Yeah, he's so stupid he coached his team to beat Cal! We that type of stupidity here at Cal!

(I'm just having fun) (<--I think this while making the sign of the cross)
Eastern Oregon Bear
calumnus said:

oskidunker said:

I'm sure there are plenty of private high schools with no vaccine mandates that would hire Rolovich to be their football coach at $35,000 per year.
ColoradoBear
calumnus said:

oskidunker said:

He's 19 months into the job at WSU, so that's close to $5 million in the bank already - enough to last a lifetime.
calumnus
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

calumnus said:

oskidunker said:

I'm sure there are plenty of private high schools with no vaccine mandates that would hire Rolovich to be their football coach at $35,000 per year.

Maybe he ends up coaching in Texas or Florida? Maybe He switches jobs with Dykes?
okaydo
Wow, what a Dick(ert)!

Bobodeluxe
Pitchfork parades in Greater Idaho
oskidunker
okaydo said:

Wow, what a Dick(ert)!

He played his cards right.
Go Bears!
hanky1
$10 says they make a run for Jay Norvell which is too bad because he would make a good coach at Cal.
txwharfrat
calumnus said:

oskidunker said:

He is a man of conviction. People who don't have that will never understand and will always resort to calling those that do "stupid".
oskidunker
Conviction to put other people at risk, especially the young people he mentors. Your right, I don't understand it. Selfish attitude.
Go Bears!
okaydo
okaydo
College football needs more people with conviction like Nick Rolovich.

And less people like Nick Saban.

txwharfrat
oskidunker said:

Conviction to put other people at risk, especially the young people he mentors. Your right, I don't understand it. Selfish attitude.

What did he teach his players? Perhaps what more universities need to be teaching. There are consequences for your actions and behaviors. And sometimes you need to stand your ground and take what will fall upon you. Rolo will be fine and make a ton of money somewhere else in this free country.
okaydo
txwharfrat said:

oskidunker said:

What did he teach his players? Perhaps what more universities need to be teaching. There are consequences for your actions and behaviors. And sometimes you need to stand your ground and take what will fall upon you. Rolo will be fine and make a ton of money somewhere else in this free country.

I agree. Despite his .500 record and the headaches he's caused his bosses, I see a school in a red state backing up the money truck for Rolovich. He'll be making way more than $3 million a year in no time. He's a very attractive candidate to ADs.
hanky1
okaydo said:

txwharfrat said:

oskidunker said:

I agree. Despite his .500 record and the headaches he's caused his bosses, I see a school in a red state backing up the money truck for Rolovich. He'll be making way more than $3 million a year in no time. He's a very attractive candidate to ADs.

You want to wager on this?
Alkiadt
oskidunker said:

okaydo said:

Wow, what a Dick(ert)!

He played his cards right.

Unfortunately, his boss took down many other people on that staff who got vaccinated who will now be looking for jobs

Totally selfish.
okaydo
So what if he was secretive about what he believed in?

txwharfrat
okaydo said:

The government needs to know your thoughts and beliefs. They need to know if you have joined the collective Borg or not.
ducky23
txwharfrat said:

okaydo said:

The government needs to know your thoughts and beliefs. They need to know if you have joined the collective Borg or not.
You do understand that the "government" has not demanded to know his thoughts or beliefs.

And that the "government" has not demanded he receive the vaccine.

You get that right?
okaydo
txwharfrat said:

okaydo said:

Just to be clear: He was unable to answer questions from the media about his beliefs.
txwharfrat
ducky23 said:

txwharfrat said:

okaydo said:

You do understand that the "government" has not demanded to know his thoughts or beliefs.

And that the "government" has not demanded he receive the vaccine.

You get that right?

You do understand that Washington is a state, correct? This was not a WSU mandate but a state mandate put in place by governor Inslee. All state employees of any kind must accept the vaccine or be fired. The state is the government. please tell me you get this.
Cal Strong!
He has both a better Pac-12 record at WSU and overall record (including his time in Hawaii) than Wilcox. And Wilcox has had nearly all of the advantages coaching at Cal vs. trying to recruit to Pullman.

Cal Strong think neither likely to be head coaches again. But if one were to get another HC job, it will be Rolovich.
cccbear04
Yup he has every right to not get the vaccine but zero right to remain a state employee…
71Bear
txwharfrat said:

calumnus said:

oskidunker said:

He is a man of conviction. People who don't have that will never understand and will always resort to calling those that do "stupid".
Given his leadership position at the University, he has totally failed those he was hired to lead. That wasn't stupid. That was complete abdication of responsibility.
txwharfrat
71Bear said:

txwharfrat said:

calumnus said:

oskidunker said:

Given his leadership position at the University, he has totally failed those he was hired to lead. That wasn't stupid. That was complete abdication of responsibility.

He taught his team that there are consequences to your actions and behaviors. And he taught his team that some times in life you need to take a stand and let the chips fall where they may. That is a better life lesson than "give up your personal convictions for fear of the big bad government entity holding a gun to your head". More university instructors need to teach lessons like this.
touchdownbears43
If you're going to be an anti-science, anti-public health, anti-community, and anti-role model meat head you don't get to be a leader of men/women. I'd say the same about any Cal coach too
touchdownbears43
txwharfrat said:

71Bear said:

txwharfrat said:

calumnus said:

oskidunker said:

He taught his team that there are consequences to your actions and behaviors. And he taught his team that some times in life you need to take a stand and let the chips fall where they may. That is a better life lesson than "give up your personal convictions for fear of the big bad government entity holding a gun to your head". More university instructors need to teach lessons like this.

Yah that's a bunch of literal BS. My god
BearlyAnotherBear
He must be gunning for a job with a winning SEC team.
Bear8
Straying from the argument about so-called personal rights versus spreading disease by reason of refusal to receive a vaccine is the odd behavior I found in a relative. He refused the injection since he had a bad experience as a child. A medical professional, nurse or doctor, caused a small boy to cry from the pain of the injection and that memory has been carried into adulthood. Consequently, he has refused his wife's plea to receive the vaccine and the plea of many relatives and friends to do so.

I mention this because I wonder how many others are basically afraid of needles? I have received many injections as I moved into the latter stages of life. I was surprised at how quickly the vaccine injection is inserted into the arm. The whole process took less than 3 seconds. It was over before I realized it had begun. I actually wondered if they really provided me with the Moderna vaccine. Since I'm healthy and well I guess I did receive the vaccine.
LateHit
The guys at the muffler shop and the hunting lodge must be impressed by his conviction.
If you can impress that demographic, you must be a man.
oskidunker
Wsu Press conference

Go Bears!
okaydo
txwharfrat said:

oskidunker said:

Speaking of free country, what is your opinion of the state of Texas' vigilante abortion law?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.