Pac-12 Championship no one cares game thread

3,027 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 82gradDLSdad
BearForce2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ducks down to the Utes...again...
what's a Ute?
BearForce2
Does Cristobal deserve to be in the coaching hot seat if he loses to the Utes a second time?
KenBurnski
BearForce2 said:

Does Cristobal deserve to be in the coaching hot seat if he loses to the Utes a second time?

Lol ESPN reports the Ducks already offered him an extension. He's gonna bolt to Miami and then we can make threads about Wilcox "going home" and how that sucks bc he's building something special here.
cal93
There's a game on??

calumnus
BearForce2 said:

what's a Ute?

Many states are named after the indigenous people of the area.

The Utes is an Anglicized version of the name given by the Spanish to the indigenous people in the area, mostly killed off in western expansion, including several notable massacres.
BearForce2
KenBurnski said:

BearForce2 said:

Lol ESPN reports the Ducks already offered him an extension. He's gonna bolt to Miami and then we can make threads about Wilcox "going home" and how that sucks bc he's building something special here.

Timing is everything. In the meantime, Utes have outscored Oregon 52-7 this year after 5 quarters of play.
BearForce2
calumnus said:

BearForce2 said:

what's a Ute?

Many states are named after the indigenous people of the area.

The Utes is an Anglicized version of the name given by the Spanish to the indigenous people in the area, mostly killed off in western expansion, including several notable massacres.
sefton
I sure the like the "vibes" of this stadium compared to Santa Clara from what I've watched so far.
Ever hopeful and it seems like forever.
KenBurnski
BearForce2 said:

KenBurnski said:

BearForce2 said:

Timing is everything. In the meantime, Utes have outscored Oregon 52-7 this year after 5 quarters of play.

Mario needs to hit the recruiting trail and unearth some 6 star talent.
Wang24
Such a waste of talent! SMH……Way to duck it up again ….
GMP
Granted he had a bad game against us, and that's the only other time I've seen him. But man, does Anthony Brown do anything well? It seems like he can't pass OR run. How did they win ten games with him? How do they have no one better? Or did I just two bad games and he's usually much better?
Alkiadt
Agree to a degree. But I think you're discounting Cal's defense against the Ducks. Cal beat them last year. The year before Justin Herbert also had a bad day. Cal held the Ducks scoreless in the first half, and without Garbers lost 17-7 to the Ducks. In spite of how Cal's season played out this year, it shows that the Ducks are not a juggernaut that puts fear into many teams.
And Cal has played them very competitively the past 3 years.
BearSD
GMP said:

Granted he had a bad game against us, and that's the only other time I've seen him. But man, does Anthony Brown do anything well? It seems like he can't pass OR run. How did they win ten games with him? How do they have no one better? Or did I just two bad games and he's usually much better?
Brown is not usually much better, but he has been particularly bad against the Bears and Utes, I think.

He's mediocre even on his very best days. The real question is how the hell did this dumpster fire of a team beat Ohio State in Columbus.
Big Dog
fwiw: Every Pac12 Championship Game is a contest that no one cares about.
72CalBear
31-3. Where are the Ducks? Utah to Rose Bowl deservedly!
BearSD
It's 31-3, and Anthony Brown is still in the game.

How can the other QBs on the Oregon roster possibly be so horrible that Brown is still the best option?
going4roses
Mario is gone …

Convinced the magic was TDR / GA and Sirmon together
BearForce2
KenBurnski said:

BearForce2 said:

KenBurnski said:

BearForce2 said:

It's 38-3. Ducks need 6 start recruits right now or a brand new coach. lol.
62bear
BearForce2 said:

KenBurnski said:

BearForce2 said:

KenBurnski said:

BearForce2 said:

Meyer to coach ducks next year?
BearForce2
62bear said:

BearForce2 said:

KenBurnski said:

BearForce2 said:

KenBurnski said:

BearForce2 said:

Meyer to coach ducks next year?
I think Meyer previously said his dream job was Notre Dame.
BearForce2
Utah's lost 3 games this season by a combined 19 points.
PtownBear1
P12 north was such trash this year. Epic waste of an opportunity.
Bobodeluxe
Super Seniors could o' done it.
BearSD
Bobodeluxe said:

Super Seniors could o' done it.
Anthony Brown is a Super Senior.
wifeisafurd
I'm seeing a lot less comments about TDR versus Sirmon.
GMP
wifeisafurd said:

Lol. Fans thinking they know which assistants are good or not is always hilarious to me.
GMP
BearForce2 said:

That's not that close. Our first three losses were by a combined 15.
71Bear
wifeisafurd said:

UO was rather listless. I wonder if Cristobal checked out early with dreams of returning home clouding his thought process. If so, does that put Wilcox in play for the UO job or would the Ducks jump onto the carousel marked "exclusively for those willing to pay high 7/low 8 figures annually". Now that SC has made their play, I suspect the Ducks would do the same by opting for the high end carousel.
eabandit
why would the ducks hire a 4-7 coach from Cal
GMP
eabandit said:

People keep asking this. And maybe they won't. But the people asking it underestimate how bad everyone else thinks this job is and what a fantastic job everyone else thinks Wilcox has done, especially pre COVID.
BearForce2
GMP said:

BearForce2 said:

What about our next four losses?
Big C
PtownBear1 said:

P12 north was such trash this year. Epic waste of an opportunity.

Seriously. We didn't play Utah and we didn't even play ASU, but we manage to lose to mediocre-ass teams like UW, WSU and Oregon (not to mention Nevada and TCU). Also, we could've picked up ground in recruiting. Complete blown opportunity.
71Bear
eabandit said:

Who said that?
GMP
BearForce2 said:

GMP said:

BearForce2 said:

What about our next four losses?

Couple blowouts, couple close ones. Point is 3 losses by over 6 points each isn't all that close. Usually when people say something like this it's, "They lost two games by a combined 3 points," or "three games by a combined 5."
82gradDLSdad
I thought Wilcox would have us playing more like Utah.

Not so much.

I will fall over (ok, not that unusual) if Oregon hires him.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.