We have been gifted Aaron Rodgers greatness on Xmas day

14,834 Views | 138 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Econ141
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GivemTheAxe
bluehenbear said:

Thank you for posting this and adding some levity to the discussion.
B.A. Bearacus
Lions > Packers

Goff > Rodgers
B.A. Bearacus
okaydo said:

Even okaydo knows that ColoradoBear is guaranteed to be going out for a nice steak dinner the night before the Super Bowl.

Final stats for the 2021 MVP and the fourth NFL MVP for a former Cal player:

68.9% completion
4,115 yards
37 pass TDs
3 rushing TDs
4 INTs
111.9 passer rating
bearister
Jared Goff is a Jazz sage, like Mose Allison.*

*I hope Goff betrayer, Sean McVay, eats a Niners sh@it sandwich today.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
That was some good Jared and Aaron extended affection.
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

That was some good Jared and Aaron extended affection.

I hope it didn't violate Larry David's proper man hug rules.

B.A. Bearacus
bearister said:

*I hope Goff betrayer, Sean McVay, eats a Niners sh@it sandwich today.

Hehe.
BearSD
It's LA. The Lakers have real fans, the Dodgers have real fans, and every other team just has casuals.
bearister
Rams blow large lead. Niners win. McVay fired. My dream.
okaydo
B.A. Bearacus
bearister said:

Niners getting inside McVay's crystal meth looking head.
okaydo
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

bearister said:

Now Stafford will engage in helicopter INT throwing….that was a Derek Carr Hail Mary toss n' pick.
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

bearister said:

bearister
Because Colts lost, both Chargers and Raiders go to the playoffs if their game tonight ends in a tie. If one team loses tonight, then that team is eliminated.

The teams could secretly agree to play for a tie. Greg Papa said that if Al Davis was alive, he would agree with Chargers to play for a tie, and then on the last Raider drive, go for the win.

This bizarre Raiders-Chargers playoff scenario is the NFL's worst nightmare and here's why it's still in play

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/this-bizarre-raiders-chargers-playoff-scenario-is-the-nfls-worst-nightmare-and-heres-why-its-still-in-play/
bearister
Go Jimmy G! FIRE MCVAY!

Rams pass D has issues.
B.A. Bearacus
Incredible game right there. Go Niners!

okaydo
bearister said:

2 out of 3 aint bad
okaydo
bearister said:

Go Jimmy G! FIRE MCVAY!

Rams pass D has issues.

McVAy ain't getting fired. I mean, if Jay Gruden and Bill O'Brien are about to get hired. There's ain't no way McVay is going to be out of a job.
okaydo
Aaron Rodgers is considered a legendary QB, yet he doesn't have a winning record vs. Jared Goff or Tom Brady.
B.A. Bearacus
okaydo said:

Aaron Rodgers is considered a legendary QB, yet he doesn't have a winning record vs. Jared Goff or Tom Brady.
Jared wrote: "okaydo, I know you root for me but aaron is better than me in all commonly understood facets of the game at this time, except girlfriend hotness. but I still appreciate your support. go bears!"
BearForce2
hanky1 said:

Sources indicate that Boomer's source was Okaydo whos been desperately trying to cancel Aaron Rodgers.

I know it was you Okaydo
You broke my heart.

BearSD
BearForce2 said:

hanky1 said:

Sources indicate that Boomer's source was Okaydo whos been desperately trying to cancel Aaron Rodgers.

I know it was you Okaydo
You broke my heart.

Aaron already has a Fredo for a brother...
B.A. Bearacus
Unit2Sucks said:

If it makes you feel any better Karen Rodgers...
A very thoughtful person got AR an old-school Day Runner Organizer for Christmas. If anyone knows how to get more of those inserts, please let AR know.

B.A. Bearacus
Bruce Arians = Mack Brown 2.0

ESPN: "Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians says it would be a 'travesty' if QB Tom Brady doesn't win MVP."

F******* shady.
Quote:

"I think if he doesn't get it, it's a travesty," Arians said Monday, as his team began preparations to host the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFC wild-card round this weekend. "Most completions ever, 5,000 yards, touchdowns -- the whole nine yards. To me, it's not even a close race."

Cal88
Aaron Rodgers, proud Golden Bear, and arguably, the greatest quarterback ever.

https://bearinsider.com/s/1603/bears-debut-new-aaron-rodgers-locker-room-for-kickoff-saturday

Quote:

"I'm pleased and proud to make this gift to support Cal football," Rodgers said when the newly-finished Aaron Rodgers Locker Room project was announced. "My years at Cal were among the best years of my life. My time in Berkeley created lasting, unforgettable memories.

"...I hope that my contribution can help him move this program forward."

FWIW, Rodgers is absolutely right on the success of the use of ivermectin in India, notably in Uttar Pradesh, the most important state in that country, with a population of 240 milllion. As a result of the widespread use in Uttar Pradesh, it has had some of the lowest death rates in India with about 1/3 the national rate, and 1/20th the US rate.

Uttar Pradesh government says early use of Ivermectin helped to keep deaths low

Quote:

"Uttar Pradesh was the first state in the country to introduce large-scale prophylactic and therapeutic use of Ivermectin. In May-June 2020, a team at Agra, led by Dr Anshul Pareek, administered Ivermectin to all RRT team members in the district on an experimental basis. It was observed that none of them developed Covid-19 despite being in daily contact with patients who had tested positive for the virus," Uttar Pradesh State Surveillance Officer Vikssendu Agrawal said.

He added that based on the findings from Agra, the state government sanctioned the use of Ivermectin as a prophylactic for all the contacts of Covid patients and later cleared the administration of therapeutic doses for the treatment of such patients.

Claiming that timely introduction of Ivermectin since the first wave has helped the state maintain a relatively low positivity rate despite its high population density, he said, "Despite being the state with the largest population base and a high population density, we have maintained a relatively low positivity rate and cases per million of population".
Our development team at work is located in New Delhi, which is contiguous to Uttar Pradesh, the members I've spoken to have had nothing but great things to say about ivermectin.

I think ivermectin has also been succesfully used in Japan as well, that drug being regarded as one of that country's greatest achievements in the field of healthcare, though I am not as familiar with its use there as I am in India, being in touch almost daily with our team in Delhi.

If you can manage to put aside your prejudices on this highly politicized issue, you might fin that Rodgers isn't as stupid as you might think. I hope he gets the MVP as he clearly deserves it, but I can definitely see a scenario where enough pundits from places like NYC, LA, Chicago etc will vote according to their cultural bias on the covid divide. On the plus side, that politically motivated slight might provide Aaron with an additional edge going into the playoffs that might just put the Packers over the top...
B.A. Bearacus
If you are genuinely interested in having some Cal fans soften their stance on Aaron, which is based mostly on his lying about his vaccination status and secondarily his tendency to always portray himself as a victim, then this post was the wrong post to write. To think that bringing up Ivermectin could bring one Cal fan back into his court is clinically insane. Also, most of us appreciate the amazing career he has had but to say that "he is arguably the greatest quarterback ever" is straightup homerism. That argument cannot be made at this time.
Unit2Sucks
Cal88 said:

As a result of the widespread use in Uttar Pradesh, it has had some of the lowest death rates in India with about 1/3 the national rate, and 1/20th the US rate.
What's happened in India is a tragedy. We don't know the exact numbers or anywhere close to it, because their government isn't interested in telling people how badly they did (sound familiar?) but it's certainly not the case that the US had 7x the death rate of India. A recent study puts India's death toll over 3 million.

As for Ivermectin, well it's a great anti-parasitic but it's not an antiviral. Some people believe that any effectiveness it has shown (almost entirely in poorly done studies) is as a result of its anti-parasitic nature in tropical areas where parasites are a real problem and cause COVID complications. Here we are in 2022 and there still has not been a single legitimate study showing Ivermectin's effectiveness in an area that isn't riddled by parasites.

But remember, Cal88 has been wrong about COVID time and time again. He said it would entirely disappear from the US in August 2020. He used to push HCQ. He's prone to fall for disinformation and to make wild claims which never come true, only months later to land on entirely new wild claims while ignoring everything he's gotten wrong. I'm still waiting for COVID to disappear like Cal88 said it would.
hanky1
If Rodgers really wants to be cancelled bad, he should start stating scientific facts like

• men inherently have more athletic ability than women even when you reduce their testosterone levels, or
  • only women can give birth, or
  • ...any other mundane scientific fact describing the differences between men and women
BearForce2
hanky1 said:

If Rodgers really wants to be cancelled bad, he should start stating scientific facts like

• men inherently have more athletic ability than women even when you reduce their testosterone levels, or
  • only women can give birth, or
  • ...any other mundane scientific fact describing the differences between men and women

If Tom Brady, the second best QB of all time, came out publicly and stated that he lactates like Pete Buttigieg, I would watch every Tampa Bay game.
bearister
NFL playoff predictions: Packers and Titans on Super Bowl collision course

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/jan/12/nfl-2021-playoff-predictions-picks-packers-titans?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
BearForce2
B.A. Bearacus said:

To think that bringing up Ivermectin could bring one Cal fan back into his court is clinically insane. Also, most of us appreciate the amazing career he has had but to say that "he is arguably the greatest quarterback ever" is straightup homerism. That argument cannot be made at this time.

Give it up B.A. It's over. The narrative has collapsed. They lied to you.

https://bearinsider.com/forums/6/topics/106755/1
Econ141
GoCal80 said:

GivemTheAxe said:

Big C said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Oh come on he's always been a thin skinned insecure dude. This is nothing new but many people chose to ignore it for whatever reason, maybe because it was more harmless when it wasn't about public health and current events.

He's a helluva QB and as far as I can tell a pretty damn good teammate. To be honest I barely spend any time listening to what genuinely good guys who are athletes (like Steph) have to say and pay zero attention to Rodgers' off the field antics. If he starts crossing the line into toxic masculinity or racism (like other culture warriors) I will still think he's a good QB but would hope he would suffer some consequences.

Nice. I agree.

To each his own

Personally I like it when I see that a person whom I admire in one area is also a good and decent individual in another area. I like it when I read that Marshawn Lynch gives back to the community where he grew up. Or that Steph Curry goes out of his way to take socially positive actions.
If that person is connected to Cal it is doubly good.
When I read that Ms. Doudna was awarded the Nobel Prize. I was very happy for her and for Cal. When I read that her students and staff liked her. I was even happier for her.

Dr. Doudna! (And she's the proud mother of a Cal sophomore).

Berkeley lost the patent case. Seems like someone always drops the ball somewhere when it comes to Berkeley.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.