Cal-Tennessee

2,164 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by okaydo
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One of the players in the two Cal-Tennessee games, Vols #7 Jerod Mayo, is poised to become an NFL head coach.

ColoradoBear
Interesting linkage if it happens.

Bet Mayo won't be coaching this kind of tackle...

Remember when "leading with the helmet with intent to punish" was all in good fun?

GMP
okaydo said:

One of the players in the two Cal-Tennessee games, Vols #7 Jerod Mayo, is poised to become an NFL head coach.

Getting old is weird.
WalterSobchak
ColoradoBear said:

Remember when "leading with the helmet with intent to punish" was all in good fun?
I remember how much fun I had at this game, does that count?
82gradDLSdad
GMP said:

okaydo said:

Getting old is weird.

Oh you just wait. I just had coffee with a kid I coached and last saw when he was in 8th grade. I was just starting my time at Cal. 45 years later I'm sitting with him thinking, "Man, this guy is old".
71Bear
GMP said:

okaydo said:

Getting old is weird.
Yeah, but it's still better than the alternative…
JSC 76
ColoradoBear said:

Interesting linkage if it happens.

Bet Mayo won't be coaching this kind of tackle...

In my 50 years of fandom, that may be my favorite play of all time, and Zach Follett is my favorite player. I think it was the loudest that I've ever heard Memorial.
Dgoldnbaer
I too was at the game. I think stadium was even louder when Jackson ran the punt back for six! I've been goin to games - almost every one of them since 1963 and I rank that moment as #2, behind only The Play!!
okaydo
Dgoldnbaer said:

I too was at the game. I think stadium was even louder when Jackson ran the punt back for six! I've been goin to games - almost every one of them since 1963 and I rank that moment as #2, behind only The Play!!

Look at all those people....not in the stadium. Will that ever happen again?

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.