Talalele Decommit

2,532 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by KenBurnski
eastcoastcal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
as per the premium board. also below is from his twitter

RIP

also his crystal ball is now an 8 for USC. bruuuuuutal
Eastern Oregon Bear
eastcoastcal said:

RIP

Kids. You never know what they will do. Disappointing, but we'll pick up the pieces and move on. At least there are plenty of other potential recruits out there this early in the process.
bearsandgiants
I remember when Desean Jackson shocked $C fans by lifting the Cal hat and announcing to the world that he'd be showcasing his skills in Strawberry Canyon. Maybe the two should chat. It usually comes down to kids being convinced there's a better place to prepare them to perform at the next level, when in reality the preparation and opportunity provided by Cal is second to none.
GivemTheAxe
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

eastcoastcal said:

RIP

Kids. You never know what they will do. Disappointing, but we'll pick up the pieces and move on. At least there are plenty of other potential recruits out there this early in the process.

Situations like this are why I try not to get too high about a commitment from any particular recruit until they submit a written commitment letter and deliver it to Cal at a time when the letter will be binding
Until then an oral commitment (even one memorialized in a tweet) is as good as one written in smoke. And just as long lasting

As for the comment that we must now pick up the pieces. I fully appreciate the feeling of disappointment, but we can't lose what we never really had - a binding commitment

(And with access to the Transfer Portal "binding"
commitments are now not as "binding" as they used to be.)
Rushinbear
GivemTheAxe said:

eastcoastcal said:

RIP

Situations like this are why I try not to get too high about a commitment from any particular recruit until they submit a written commitment letter and deliver it to Cal at a time when the letter will be binding
Until then an oral commitment (even one memorialized in a tweet) is as good as one written in smoke. And just as long lasting

As for the comment that we must now pick up the pieces. I fully appreciate the feeling of disappointment, but we can't lose what we never really had - a binding commitment

Like being dumped after the engagement announcement for the kid driving the latest shiny car...and offering to siphon gas out of the tank for him.
CAL4LIFE
#UNSTACKING

Rushinbear
GivemTheAxe said:

eastcoastcal said:

RIP

Wasn't Sanders going to announce yesterday?
UrsineMaximus
This makes the second "commit" to de-commit within days of committing. Neither of these 2 is that big a deal IF we can recruit and hold higher level players. Big IF, I suppose.
KenBurnski
I believe he pushed it out because he wanted to announce in front of family.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.