Cal vs nd Ncaa14 simulation

1,490 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by going4roses
going4roses
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Do not shoot the messenger

I'm very curious about the slider settings/depth chart for Cal
No team is going to get QB pressure rushing 3 men 85% of the time.
Formations used ? Too much 3-3-5 no 4-2-5 or 2-4-5
Too many missed tackles
Too many drops
Plumbers rating must be weak
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
Golden One
going4roses said:

Too many missed tackles
Too many drops
The point differential is way too small to be credible, and there's no way our offense can score 37 points against any Power 5 team, especially Notre Dame. I wish this was a reasonable representation of what we can expect, but.......
going4roses
Yeah that's an issue
Econ141
I don't know what will happen but if the first play is like what's in the simulation (run up the middle for no or negative gain) then I can guarantee that our offense will be no better than last year.

You have a whole year to change the outlook of your offense. Show something innovative, a sign that we finally have weapons and good play calling on that first play!
calumnus
fat_slice said:

I don't know what will happen but if the first play is like what's in the simulation (run up the middle for no or negative gain) then I can guarantee that our offense will be no better than last year.

You have a whole year to change the outlook of your offense. Show something innovative, a sign that we finally have weapons and good play calling on that first play!

Tedford's first play against Baylor! What happened to THAT coach?
going4roses
The game of college football has changed/evolved quite a bit since then no ? And I think JT would agree
GivemTheAxe
fat_slice said:

You can feel a lot better if you just keep telling yourself "It's only a game SIMULATION and not a real game"
AunBear89
Golden One said:

going4roses said:

Too many missed tackles
Too many drops
The point differential is way too small to be credible, and there's no way our offense can score 37 points against any Power 5 team, especially Notre Dame. I wish this was a reasonable representation of what we can expect, but.......

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
JTfromClash

Norte Dame is down to three tailbacks. They may be very thin come the Cal game. Wonder if this affects the outcome at all?

https://www.onefootdown.com/2022/6/26/23182483/the-solution-to-notre-dames-running-back-injuries-bring-back-the-fullback-rb-cfb-irish-news-nd
Blueblood
I hate to make this prognostication but ND is going to beat the holy crap out of the Bears.
GivemTheAxe
I am not saying you're wrong. But as has often been said: prognosticators are often wrong, that's why you play the game.
operbear
Blueblood said:

I hate to make this prognostication but ND is going to beat the holy crap out of the Bears.
Just like Ohio State beat the crap out of the Bears in the last game they faced off.
Operbear
Blueblood
GivemTheAxe said:

I am not saying you're wrong. But as has often been said: prognosticators are often wrong, that's why you play the game.
No you're not, but you're implying that I may be wrong.

Have you seen the recruiting scene at South Bend? ND is really taking its football seriously. Cal is not in the same league. I like seeing Cal playing in competitive games, ND game is not such a game.
Blueblood
operbear said:

Blueblood said:

Just like Ohio State beat the crap out of the Bears in the last game they faced off.
Cal had some surprisingly gamer players. I don't see Cal having any such players for this upcoming game.

Okay, to make you feel better, Cal could play ND in a close game, but bottom line, Cal didn't win the Ohio State game and won't win the upcoming ND game.
going4roses
Wrs/Rbs

Defense has some pieces
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.