Deion Sanders offered Colorado head-coaching position

2,313 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Econ141
Nofado
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eom
calumnus
Will he take it?
BearSD
Looks like a publicity stunt on both sides. CU gets to send the message that they are trying to make a big splash, and Sanders gets to soak up more attention.

This doesn't sound like someone who takes the offer seriously:

Quote:

Known as "Prime Time" during his playing career, the magnetic Sanders prefers "Coach Prime" these days. He said the offer to coach the Buffaloes isn't a distraction.

"To someone else that hasn't been that dude, it's intoxicating. I've been 'Prime' for a long time, dawg," Sanders said with a laugh. "Attention ain't nothing new to me. Like, come on. I'm not being braggadocious -- that's a wonderful word, isn't it? I just came up with that -- but this isn't new to me. Being in the spotlight isn't new to me."
Nofado
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35168153/sources-deion-sanders-preparing-accept-colorado-coaching-job
Arcadiabear
Doesn't look like a stunt anymore.

Deion will bring recruits to CO, supposedly he's already recruiting.

Well brothers and sisters, if this move is official then we are now at the doormat of the pac12. Knowlton needs to be fired yesterday
tequila4kapp
There are assorted reports that he's accepted the gig.
bearsandgiants
I like that the pac is beating up on the future big 10 sell out tonight tho.
tequila4kapp
Arcadiabear said:

Doesn't look like a stunt anymore.

Deion will bring recruits to CO, supposedly he's already recruiting.

Well brothers and sisters, if this move is official then we are now at the doormat of the pac12. Knowlton needs to be fired yesterday
Weren't we already there after we lost to Colorado?
Arcadiabear
Yes and no technically we had a better conference record, but u are right, thats arguing between spoiled milk and rotten eggs

Just so sick and tired of the lack of hype , connections and excitement for this program
bluehenbear
How many of our players who hit the portal are going to end up at CO?
okaydo
okaydo
YamhillBear
okaydo said:

It's a done deal. https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2022-12-03/deion-sanders-colorado-football-hired-coach
FloriDreaming
Prime Time to CU. Watch how fast that program turns around.

Meanwhile Wilcox will continue to suck and his boot lickers will continue to make lame excuses.
westcoast101
Colorado will be ahead of our program very soon.
bearsandgiants
At least the pac10 is on the up!

Lol. Now watch stanfurd gobble up Taylor.
cal83dls79
Did you watch his first meeting with his team? Expect lots of portal entrants. Brutal.
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
southseasbear
cal83dls79 said:

Did you watch his first meeting with his team? Expect lots of portal entrants. Brutal.
He made Mark Fox look warm and welcoming/
Fire Knowlton!
Fire Fox!
Put Wilcox in a hot seat!
calumnus
southseasbear said:

cal83dls79 said:

He probably wants guys to leave and open up roster spots because, unlike Mark Fox, he can bring in better players via the portal.
cal83dls79
calumnus said:

southseasbear said:

cal83dls79 said:

He probably wants guys to leave and open up roster spots because, unlike Mark Fox, he can bring in better players via the portal.
no doubt he will accomplish that. Interesting him putting his son out there as the starting QB as well as the "social media expert"…..whose words of wisdom were to "keep posting". Genius. I was ambivalent towards CU before but they just moved on to the list of those teams I want to beat and preferably destroy.
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
Econ141
CU instantaneously became relevant again. Wow.

I think many of us would be angry if he came to Cal and forced students out like this. Horrific. That said, he is going to bring a lot of money and talent to the program quickly.

I'm starting to realize that this is a game Cal is increasingly looking like we will not and cannot play in given the current structure. Some bad reasons for this - no passion and high bureaucracy of Cal admin, and some good - putting student in front of athlete.

With no oversight, these players will quickly become employees at which point the school is just branding and "college" football is just a separate entity. I hope we can have a team branded as "Cal" or "Berkeley" and that is run by CALegends or any entity that is apart from the current AD and admin.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.