Utah or USC tonight?

3,106 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by bearister
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am taking USC - 2.5.
NVBear78
Rooting for Utah
oskidunker
Who cares. Wont be watching.
Go Bears!
tequila4kapp
Utah all the way. F SC.
okaydo
I'm rooting for the Trojans.
BearoutEast67
I'd like USC to get into the playoff to earn cash for the Pac12. After that, $crew em!
Donate to Cal's NIL at https://calegends.com/donation/
Strykur
SC big REAL BIG
GoOskie
Cal should've beat them. Utah, but it will be close.
ColoradoBear
I guess we should root for the Scrotums. Since they are leaving, we won't have to compete with them but still will have to compete with Utah.

Extra money is negligible though. If U$C makes the playoff, the conference only gets an extra $6 million from the CFB playoff. But U$C would then get the P12 $4 million for a different NY6 bowl. So a little over $300k per team.

Now if Utah wins, is it actually possible 3 P12 teams play in the NY6? I don't think so... UW is 12, but when a conference loses a team to the 4 team playoff, it is replace in their contract bowl by the next 'best' team. I don't think the Rose would have the lattitite to choose UW over a higher ranked SC, then have SC go to a different NY6 bowls. The Big 12 #2 will get a spot in the Sugar Bowl even if ranked below UW. With the G5 slot, I think UW would somehow have to get to #10 to get a 3rd slot.

Oski87
BearoutEast67 said:

I'd like USC to get into the playoff to earn cash for the Pac12. After that, $crew em!
So let's say USC loses. Do they drop out of the top 12? Do they not get into one of the big bowls? Utah would go to the Rose. I say SC goes to Cotton. Pac 12 still gets two big time payouts. Maybe even three if some other teams lose this weekend, with UW sort of the first one out in the top 12. That would end up with three teams in the top 12 for the PAC 12. OF course, no change for the second round money - the Championship game.

What you have to hope for is TCU losing, and then SC jumping to play Michigan instead of Georgia. At least you can hope to get to round 2.

Oski87
ColoradoBear said:

I guess we should root for the Scrotums. Since they are leaving, we won't have to compete with them but still will have to compete with Utah.

Extra money is negligible though. If U$C makes the playoff, the conference only gets an extra $6 million from the CFB playoff. But U$C would then get the P12 $4 million for a different NY6 bowl. So a little over $300k per team.

Now if Utah wins, is it actually possible 3 P12 teams play in the NY6? I don't think so... UW is 12, but when a conference loses a team to the 4 team playoff, it is replace in their contract bowl by the next 'best' team. I don't think the Rose would have the lattitite to choose UW over a higher ranked SC, then have SC go to a different NY6 bowls. The Big 12 #2 will get a spot in the Sugar Bowl even if ranked below UW. With the G5 slot, I think UW would somehow have to get to #10 to get a 3rd slot.

Utah would go to the Rose. So the other bowls would have the ability to take SC - probably ranked 7 or 8, and Washington - probably ranked 12 or higher.
Oski87
Really the only possibilities are if TCU loses and moves over to the Sugar Bowl and drops Kansas State out of that slot. Ohio State would go to the playoff, SC would be in the playoff, the Orange would possibly take Tennessee, Rose with Utah, and then the Cotton could take UW against Tulane as an at large.
juarezbear
I'm rooting for SC. More money for us. I hate the B1G and SEC more than any pac 12 school.
okaydo
Win or lose, USC and TCU will make the playoffs.
Oski87
I don't think SC will get in if they lose.
BearBoarBlarney
okaydo said:

Not sure a 2-loss USC at 11-2 -- with both losses to Utah -- would get in ahead of 11-1 Ohio State with a loss to No.2 Michigan. Lincoln Riley-coached teams don't have a good track record in the CFP either, so that could sway the voters too.
Oski87
BearBoarBlarney said:

okaydo said:

Not sure a 2-loss USC at 11-2 -- with both losses to Utah -- would get in ahead of 11-1 Ohio State with a loss to No.2 Michigan. Lincoln Riley-coached teams don't have a good track record in the CFP either, so that could sway the voters too.
The best win Ohio State has is against Penn State. Both played ND and SC did better overall, SC beat UCLA and Oregon State - vs Penn State - which has lost to both of the ranked teams it played.

Regardless, I think the anti- Pac 12 sentiment is very high. Although the committee could be swayed by an Anti-Big 10 sentiment as they try to take over the world. So that would be nice.

Which I why I think no matter what TCU is in there. But that leaves no spot for a third PAC 12 team then.

Both the coaches poll and the AP have UW ranked #9. But that means apparently nothing, and both of those have Tennessee ahead of them. The only way to get 3 PAC 12 teams is to get either Tennessee out or Penn State drop.

The order of the at large teams right now is this:

Ohio State
Alabama
Tennessee
Penn State
Washington

Washington is out unless Utah loses, and then they move possibly to the Rose Bowl.
okaydo
BearBoarBlarney said:

okaydo said:

I'm not sure a 1-loss Ohio State team that got blown out and only played 12 games will step over a 2-loss USC that had to play 13 games with their only regular season loss being to a Top 12 team by 1 point.

I don't think a 3-loss LSU (even if they win this weekend), 2-loss Alabama or 2-loss Tennessee sitting at home will jump them.
HoopDreams
my heart is rooting for the Pac10 (Utah), but my head is rooting for USC (cash from playoffs to the Pac12 + to get the monkey off our back)
BearSD
tequila4kapp said:

Utah all the way. F SC.
Yep. Today, we are all Utes.
Econ141
I hate SC but man Caleb williams is super good and I'd love USC to go to the CFP so we can get some cash from it.

Caleb has better demeanor than DTR so for the first time I like USC more than UCLA.
ColoradoBear
Oski87 said:

The order of the at large teams right now is this:

Ohio State
Alabama
Tennessee
Penn State
Washington

Washington is out unless Utah loses, and then they move possibly to the Rose Bowl.

Exactly. K-State is still in most cases if they lose. If they get reamed so badly they drop below Texas, Texas would take their place.
Oakbear
Strykur said:

SC big REAL BIG
Agree, but who knows
bearister
U$C. But Utah has a shot if it drops 45+ points.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
oski003 said:

I am taking USC - 2.5.

If I'm Elon Musk I would have dropped $5B on SC and given the 2.5
southseasbear
Rooting for Utah. I don't want to see either of the two teams that conspired to leave the conference (knowing it would harm the other teams) win a championship on their way out the door. SC's conduct is particularly despicable in that their President rejected conference expansion a couple of years ago, which would have left us in a better position. Go Utes!
Fire Knowlton!
Fire Fox!
Put Wilcox in a hot seat!
sonofabear51
Agreed. Rooting for Utah. Don't like either team, but really can't stand $c. And right now Utah has them on their heels due to the huge momentum swing. 14-0 in the 2nd Q. I'm thinking that Utah wins this. Guess we will see.
sonofabear51
Sloppy tackling by $c. Advantage Utah
BearSD
21 unanswered points for the Utes.

Condoms got nothin' at the moment. They just went 3-and-out again.

tpender
won,t root for SC until i die
bearister
That's a Jack Tatum hit on that Three Musketeer Ute QB.
bluehenbear
With Williams hobbled knocking out rising is $c only hope. Bye bye playoff
kirklandblue
I want USC to lose every time, without exception, OK except maybe occasionally when they're playing an overrated B10 team in the Rose Bowl.
However, my neighbor is from Utah and a big Ute fan, and it tore me apart last year when he was able to watch them in the Rose Bowl when they've only been in the conference for 20 minutes and we're still on the outside looking in. So if winning tonight puts Utah in the Rose Bowl I'm going to have to go through that excruciating experience again. But considering the alternative…Go Utes!!
sonofabear51
Agreed. Feel the same way when $c plays ND or furd. Can't stand all 3 of 'em.
philly1121
There's the myopia on the board again. Rooting Against USC to miss the CFP - costing us millions and losing credibility - VALUE - for the conference. Yeah they're out the door but we got to milk it for all we got. We ain't earning any time soon.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.