Teford coaching in the MWC championship, Dykes coaching in the Big 12 championship...

1,567 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by CalGrad95
Trumpanzee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wilcox home raking up his leaves......
bluehenbear
Shaw interviewing for TV gigs.

SJSU going to a bowl.
bearsandgiants
Trumpanzee said:

If I had 4+ million a year, I'd hire someone to rake my leaves. But I sure wouldn't let Wilcox or Knowlton do the hiring.
calumnus
bearsandgiants said:

Trumpanzee said:

If I had 4+ million a year, I'd hire someone to rake my leaves. But I sure wouldn't let Wilcox or Knowlton do the hiring.

Knowlton would hand out a 7 year, $2 milllion a year guaranteed contract for leaf-raking to the person he has the most in common with, despite the person being fired from their last leaf-raking contract.
UrsusTexicanus
Fighting Tedfords up 14-6 start of third quarter.
Econ141
Remigio with punt return for TD was great to see.
okaydo
Whatever you do, don't add up Dykes and Tedfords win loss r3cord since their Cal firing.
chazzed
Just what are you saying, OP? If you had been Cal's AD, would you have not fired both head coaches?
bearister
My wife and I were eating dinner at Prima in WC (now closed) when I saw Tedford and his wife get out of his parked car. It was the day he got his buy out deal from the Bears. I don't think I have ever seen anyone look happier.
https://www.californiagoldenblogs.com/platform/amp/2013/2/4/3952812/jeff-tedfords-buyout-details
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo
Why didn't her son play for Cal?

cal83dls79
okaydo said:

because we constantly overlook local talent and are unable to recruit in our own backyard
TouchedTheAxeIn82
Congrats to Jeff Tedford, two MWC championships in four seasons (over two stints).

Fresno State alum cements his legend.
okaydo
Geez...he got blown out by Beau Baldwin.

okaydo
okaydo said:

Whatever you do, don't add up Dykes and Tedfords win loss r3cord since their Cal firing.

Tedford is 35-18 (66%) at Fresno State.

He was 82-57 (59%) at Cal.

Dykes is 42-19 (69%) since leaving Cal.

He was 19-30 (39%) at Cal.

Collectively, Dykes and Tedford are 77-37 since leaving Cal.

Justin Wilcox has as nearly as many losses at Cal (36) as Tedford and Dykes have combined (37) since leaving Cal.
JimSox
okaydo said:

I don't know, but I know that Julie and her husband are both Washington alums, so maybe that's why he went there. Then he got drummed out of the place for throwing an interception against Cal as a frosh that cost a game
BearoutEast67
Sunny-D at post-game press conference
Donate to Cal's NIL at https://calegends.com/donation/
BearSD
okaydo said:

okaydo said:

Justin Wilcox has as nearly as many losses at Cal (36) as Tedford and Dykes have combined (37) since leaving Cal.
Tedford ran out of gas at Cal; his team was 3-9 in his last season and he left with the program in really bad shape academically.

Whether it's due to focusing more on his current job instead of trying to get a different job, or being happier in Texas, or learning to be a better coach, or some combination of the three, Dykes is a far better coach today than he was at Cal.
72CalBear
And Baldwin is gone from Cal Poly (fired or resigned) and new OC at ASU. How the Bears ex coaches jump around!!!
CalGrad95
okaydo said:

okaydo said:

Sounds like Wilcox should be excited to get started on his post-CAL successful career.

No time like the present
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.